• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

GrayFoxPL

Took only 120 000 gift points to unlock Steve.
igMskbmCuexo0.gif

From Harada:

TEKKEN REVOLUTION --- SUMMER CAMPAIGN! ---

--DATE(S) OF EVENT--
 Pacific Daylight Time
 8/8 (THU) 17:00 ~ 8/19 (MON) 16:59

--EVENT DETAILS--
- New characters added!
 The following characters have
 been added:

- Devil Jin
- Kunimitsu

- FIGHT MONEY UP
 Receive 100,000 G when you sign in!

- For those level 20 and below.
 EXP UP
 Earn 2 times the experience points!

From Harada:

--DATE(S) OF EVENT--
 Pacific Daylight Time
 8/8 (THU) 17:00 ~ 8/19 (MON) 16:59

--EVENT DETAILS--
- New characters added!
 The following characters have
 been added:

- Devil Jin
- Kunimitsu

- FIGHT MONEY UP
 Receive 100,000 G when you sign in!

EXP UP
 Earn 2 times the experience points!

Kunimitsu!!!!! <3 Time to suffer with Asuka ughhhh!

From Harada:

--DATE(S) OF EVENT--
&#12288;Pacific Daylight Time
&#12288;8/8 (THU) 17:00 &#65374; 8/19 (MON) 16:59

--EVENT DETAILS--
- New characters added!
&#12288;The following characters have
&#12288;been added:

- Devil Jin
- Kunimitsu

- FIGHT MONEY UP
&#12288;Receive 100,000 G when you sign in!

&#12288;EXP UP
&#12288;Earn 2 times the experience points!
Stupid, we don't even have the original eight Tekken 1 characters, yet. They even put in the wrong Mitsu.

joeblow

I guess the strategy is to release a less popular character with a popular one each release, to cater to all types of players. Xiaoyu, Dragonov and Kunimitsu certainly aren't as popular as Jin, Hwoarang, and DJin. My guess for the release after the upcoming one is Nina and Raven.

AAK

Sup GAF :)

And... arghhh I HATE THIS GAME......... because I'll probably never be good at it :p

I keep losing because of my braindead pitbull style of play along with my garbage defense. I want to play more to try and break these bad habits only for me to run out of coins. *rage* I bit the bullet once and bought a $5 pack... and now I'm almost out again!!! Ufffff... I don't want to spend anymore money on this but I still want to improve.
Man I'd never have lasted in the arcade scene. With the amount of money I'd end up spending my parents would have forsaken gaming as a hobby from me completely LOL!
Please God... don't force this F2P system for the next Tekken game.

On the topic at hand about the game itself, I am actually enjoying it now. I originally wanted nothing to do with it but Hwoarang's release had my curiosity salivating at what his changes were and forced me to grind into the game again. The game is extremely different from TTT2. Even though Invincibles shut down a lot of gimmicks, I feel other gimmicks previously impossible can arise from them and I am gonna try my damn hardest to bring them to fruition! One example is Ki Charge gimmicks. I know that if I'm Ki Charged and spaced properly, my opponent will be less reluctant to counterhit me out of it due to an invincible move in my arsenal. Gives me a chance to unleash a 50/50 on them but with CH properties now! And Hwoarng's d+4,4 is too good ;) BUT because of the lack of command capture in practice mode I can't test the setups I have in my head. There is so much about Invincible moves that don't we don't know about and I can't confirm unless they make a legit practice mode. The windows of crush frames are so enigmatic and I honestly feel at times the invincible moves have an even smaller window when up against low crush moves. But so far, I am of the opinion that they're fair. And I think I've eaten like 100 dragon tails and only blocked like 2-3 so far. I can't for the life of me react to that move. Frame wise it is slower than snake edge but I have no problems blocking against the latter... just so weird... AND INFURIATING.

And now the worst thing about this package:
Main Account AAK0924: Unlcoked Bryan, Leo, then Xiaoyu at 59k BP
Secondary Account: AAK924: Unlcoked Bryan, then Xiaoyu at 7k BP... realized this account must be cursed I never touched it again.
Tertiary Account: MutekiJa: Unlocked Dragunov, then Hwoarang, then Leo at 30k BP

Hit the jackpot with the tertiary unlocking Hwoa & Drag.. but then my luck stopped. I'm scared about the future! Don't wanna keep making accounts... that stuff is infuriating . Fix THIS SHIT NAMCO!!

I DO NOT want any Alisa or repeat characters. Might as well wait for the patch since that will raise my chances of liking the random character it spits out at me next time. I'd be happy to try out Kuni or Devil Jin. My order of preference now: Steve-Devil Jin-Kunimitsu-Jin-everyone else.

And then there was the Comic Con revelation with the new character. This also puts things into perspective, it takes NRS like less than 3 months to make Zattana after they got the fan vote poll, I wonder how long it's gonna take Namco to make the Vampire. And PLEASE I hope to GOD they change her face. She looks younger than T3 Xiaoyu.

AZUMIKE

I'm glad for Tekken Revolution. Its a great F2P game, and it's Tekken! Both TTT2 and TR have their pros and cons, and both are greatly appreciated :D

EDIT: Lol @ Dragon Tail

Manbig

I feel ya on that Dragon Tail AAK. Luckily so many people are pretty predictable with it, but I'm pretty damn sure that they made it much faster in this game.

Also, that ki charge idea is pretty damn clever. It's an absurd amount of risk to take, but at least you have a decent chance at connecting with it in this game.

Manbig

So I unlocked Devil Jin and messed around with him a bit in Warm Up Space. I haven't looked through all of his changes, but the glaring thing to note is that CH Hellsweep does NOT trip AT ALL. They did make f+3+4 a critical move, so if you invest in vigor, you can land a bunch of crits while using his crazy wall carry with that move, so that's nice. I'll look up any other changes later.

LakeEarth

Just found out about this existing, and I'm enjoying myself with Kazuya. I wanna play with King and toss people around, but nobody blocks online. Nobody.

Finally played some Kuni players. Caught me off guard at first because they would spam the fire and then come after with the crucical hit. I just ended countering it my my King sweep spam....Or the 1+2, 3+4 combo

LakeEarth

It's not VF, you can throw all day if you wanted to.

Yeah but you still have to get them to stop pushing buttons. But yeah I kept going with King today and was able to land the swinging throw many many times. It helps that dashing takes care of the forward input.

Too bad you can't upgrade more than one character at a time. I get why you guys have multiple accounts. That, and to not stop playing.

GrayFoxPL

Too bad you can't upgrade more than one character at a time. I get why you guys have multiple accounts. That, and to not stop playing.

You can, you must only have enough money. Your skill points pool always grows and it's usable individually, you only need money.

I'm ranking up my main account. Stopped playing secondaries because it feels lame and not too bright players keep joining room because eg. it says I'm USA but the ping bar should give them a clue I'm not really USA.

Besides, I'm 126 000 gift points and only good characters are left to unlock.

GrayFoxPL

yeah, it's a bit surprising considering you can only play for about 1/2 hr before running out of coins. there has to be more than a handful of people buying tokens.

Or they just play with tickets the game gives away.

Btw one dude made room called "Whiny GAFers please", when I beat his shitty Alisa and he keeps avoiding me. Loser.

Another thing: Using alternate accounts may cause mental breakdown to young ones. See? Another reason against.

Or they just play with tickets the game gives away.

Btw one dude made room called "Whiny GAFers please", when I beat his shitty Alisa and he keeps avoiding me. Loser.

Another thing: Using alternate accounts may cause mental breakdown to young ones. See? Another reason against.

I've been getting so much rage messages from this game it is kinda getting annoying. usually though its from people spamming their kaz lasers and don't know better.

LakeEarth

i don't know. don't you just need frame advantage? assuming they don't crouch or mash invincible.

Yeah I gotta catch up on my knowledge, I've never played Tekken this seriously.

I lost 6 times in a row today to a Law that did nothing but the invincible mid kick or the invincible low into flip kick move. I know they're both punishable on block, but he kept guessing right and the damage piled up. So frustrating.

AAK

I lost 6 times in a row today to a Law that did nothing but the invincible mid kick or the invincible low into flip kick move. I know they're both punishable on block, but he kept guessing right and the damage piled up. So frustrating.

I'm an intermediate to advanced Tekken player and Law's dragon tail in TR is one of the hardest things for me to block haha. My internet is also very shitty so there is that as well.

Manbig

The low isn't invincible. What's really obnoxious about it through is that it tracks really damn good. You can try sidestepping to your right and them blocking low when you feel like he's trying to mix you up, but that kind of stuff is a bit of an advanced tactic because it requires relatively strict timing.

Don't feel bad. I think the only way to actually block Law's Dragon tail kick everytime is to anticipate it. It is so hard to see coming even for advanced players and the thing is, it seems like it does very admirable damage for such an easy to execute move.

GrayFoxPL

Somehow I block way more dragon tails here then in Tag2. I don't know, I think the blur and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound helps to react.

Geniuzz

I like TR, I really do, but I hate the fact that so many people that I face rage quit. Two days ago it was three in a row, yesterday I ran into two and I basically only use my five coins. It's a little consolation that you get awarded the win, but your coin was wasted on someone who doesn't respect the game, or his opponent. In any online vs game you win some and you lose some, but apparently the virtual points are so important that some don't mind to alter history or prevent point deduction by quitting early. I have seen my share of rage quitters with AE, but most people still playing don't pull that crap. The amount of rage quitters in this game is making me consider to go back to the 360 and play AE. it's less annoying that way.

GrayFoxPL

I wanted to try Devil Jin badly, so I kept playing on various accounts until I got lucky.

Some DJ notes:

Invincible:
d+1 - still small range but crazy fast and seems "safest" from all invincibles.

Criticals:
f,d,df+2 WGF, EWGF

u+4 Samsara

f,d,df+4,4 Hell Sweep - only the second 4 hook is critical.

f+3+4 - still great move. Looks cooler now with the "zoom".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can actually combo from Samsara(u+4) moves. Rather then hitting 3, now 1 is used for juggling. Takes a while getting used to hitting 1 instead of 3 but after a while it's all good.

They made ff+3,1 much easier to juggle with! Probably adjusted hitbox but definitely it's 5 times easier and more reliable for me.

Like Manbig said hellsweep doesn't juggle but is still one DJ's best moves. Can easiely connect both hits on "sleepers"(grounded).

Other differences are small. Like I noted, Samsara 1 for juggles, easier ff3,1, b+4 ch now opponent falls on the back so easy 1+4 combos. uf+3 ch juggles (I don't remember if it was like that).
ss+2 into up laser seems way slower not sure if it's worth going for the juggle for anything other then wall carry. Auto combo does enough damage on an open field.

Electric still kills everything that moves.

He feels little more sluggish with some old moves,112 feels weak, ws2 lacks damage but as good as ever otherwise, but Devil Jin is still a powerhouse with combos.

Oh I almost forgot on DJ revolutionary change!

During his winpose he now... smiles. :O

Some easy online combos:

ewgf, ff+3,1 ~ff, 2,f+3+4
ewgf, bf+2,1,d+2, f+3+4 (same damage)
ewgf, ff+3,1 ~ff, df+3,2,4

u+4(or other samsara strings:f+4,3,U or df+3,2,4,U), 1, 1, bf+2,1,2

Of course if you're good you can do 5 electrics or ewgf,ewgf to ff+3,1 combos, I'm definitely not that proficient with electrics, lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man...playing this just makes me realize how much I miss TTT2, and how I probably shouldn't have gotten rid of it after I Platinum'd it. But at the same time I know that if I go back to TTT2, the competition is going to be a lot tougher and I'm not really particularly great at Tekken, as much as I love it. Hm.

Man...playing this just makes me realize how much I miss TTT2, and how I probably shouldn't have gotten rid of it after I Platinum'd it. But at the same time I know that if I go back to TTT2, the competition is going to be a lot tougher and I'm not really particularly great at Tekken, as much as I love it. Hm.

I just watched a player on stream yesterday beat early rank online players in TTT2 simply by mashing jab. You'll be fine.

Top Bottom