• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Like twice as easy, if not more. That is why I am above Vanquisher (after winning 150 matches...) and STILL only 1 out of every 5 people use their brain. These people have such a vague understanding of the game, its absurd.

TTT2 on the other hand... I'm scared to play ranked.ranked

Same here. I only played rank matches 3 times(won all)

Also the other day had a alittle 7 game streak in TR. No rank increase :(. But then lost to a Jin player :(. Got caught with that 4 hit kick(horrible blocking by me). Lol

Like twice as easy, if not more. That is why I am above Vanquisher (after winning 150 matches...) and STILL only 1 out of every 5 people use their brain. These people have such a vague understanding of the game, its absurd.

TTT2 on the other hand... I'm scared to play ranked.

Yup... the other 4/5 are spamming Special and Critical Arts with Law, or firing eye lasers with Devil Kazuya.

The thing that scared me about rank TTT2 was the best players who mastered the bound system would just perform one long combo and it's over.

Really wish I unlocked Jun, I guess I'll continue to use Asuka.

TTT2 rank matches just dont sound fun :(

Played alot near the games release but not anymore.

So far Im above 40k gift points in TR and have most of all the characters I want... I really hate Law and Lili players in this because I feel like most throw out alot of dumb move choices half the time.

Got lucky today in arcade mode and got king moki in first round, regular mokij in another round and ten one...ended up getting Kumi as new character

DEATH™

Yup... the other 4/5 are spamming Special and Critical Arts with Law, or firing eye lasers with Devil Kazuya.

The thing that scared me about rank TTT2 was the best players who mastered the bound system would just perform one long combo and it's over.

Really wish I unlocked Jun, I guess I'll continue to use Asuka.

It doesn't matter if there is bound or not, you are gonna get your butt whooped. If TR got bound it won't matter since you can't get floated for another juggle. What bound did is on 1v1 setting is lengthen combos and make it easier to convert floats. Either way, if you are getting whooped now in TTT2, you are just gonna get whooped the same way in T5/DR, or even T3/Tag1, just like players are whooping newcomer's butts in the arcades.

DEATH™;96808247 said:
It doesn't matter if there is bound or not, you are gonna get your butt whooped. If TR got bound it won't matter since you can't get floated for another juggle. What bound did is on 1v1 setting is lengthen combos and make it easier to convert floats. Either way, if you are getting whooped now in TTT2, you are just gonna get whooped the same way in T5/DR, or even T3/Tag1, just like players are whooping newcomer's butts in the arcades.

Maybe I just don't like the bound system, or have fully wrapped my mind around it. It's probably why I've been playing TR, the lack of bound reminded me more of T3, my favorite Tekken game. I would love an online Tekken 3.

Manbig

Maybe I just don't like the bound system, or have fully wrapped my mind around it. It's probably why I've been playing TR, the lack of bound reminded me more of T3, my favorite Tekken game. I would love an online Tekken 3.

I dunno about that. Tekken 3 had a lot of bullshit in it that's a lot worse than bound juggles.

LowParry

Wife is getting pretty close to getting this new character to play around with. Actually faced someone who unlocked her. I think it's just 10k seals you need to unlock her. 2k more to go :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wife is getting pretty close to getting this new character to play around with. Actually faced someone who unlocked her. I think it's just 10k seals you need to unlock her. 2k more to go :D

"Only" 10,000, huh? I think I have like 1,000 right now.

Doomshine

I dunno about that. Tekken 3 had a lot of bullshit in it that's a lot worse than bound juggles.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much bullshit there is in the older Tekken games because they've never played them online. People also figure out and share that bullshit quicker these days too.

LowParry

"Only" 10,000, huh? I think I have like 1,000 right now.

Looks like 20k actually. Eeesh.

Edit: Odd that she wasn't available to purchase. I'm sure a lot of people would of paid. Ah well. We're getting close to 14k now. (Yeah, we bought 30 premium coins).

Manbig

Edit: Odd that she wasn't available to purchase. I'm sure a lot of people would of paid. Ah well. We're getting close to 14k now. (Yeah, we bought 30 premium coins).

Negative. It's 10k to unlock her and 20k to unlock some dumb bikini outfits for her. After you get 20k, it shows a 70k unlock that I believe is what you need to increase her bust size. Yeah... They made that an unlock.

Erigu

Negative. It's 10k to unlock her and 20k to unlock some dumb bikini outfits for her.
Did they change it for the States? 'Cause it definitely is 20000 to unlock the character. Then 70000 more for her bikini. Then (I believe) 70000 more for the boob job (classy), and 140000 more for that version's bikini.

Manbig

Did they change it for the States? 'Cause it definitely is 20000 to unlock the character. Then 70000 more for her bikini. Then (I believe) 70000 more for the boob job (classy), and 140000 more for that version's bikini.

Yeah my apologies. I just double checked and I think I was recalling what someone said in Kane's stream chat.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I'm sure the option to do so is coming.

Manbig

I wouldn't be surprised if they got more money out of the current method for unlocking her. People probably bought a ton of tickets and went through Mokujin Rush.

Ranked matches are more fun in TR anyway. More players actually respect your skill instead of complaining about it

I agree they are more fun, but I get way more nastier messages in TR than I ever received in TTT2. People spam invincibles and throws and complain to me if they still don't win.

I agree they are more fun, but I get way more nastier messages in TR than I ever received in TTT2. People spam invincibles and throws and complain to me if they still don't win.

I was surprised at a hate mail I got last week after a guy beat me and won but sent me a letter complaining I reversed his move and I should do "none o that doa shit" in his words.

I was surprised at a hate mail I got last week after a guy beat me and won but sent me a letter complaining I reversed his move and I should do "none o that doa shit" in his words.

Lol. Yeah, something like that happened to me when I lost to this spamming Kazuya player who spammed lasers and throws with tons of lag. I literally just gave up in the last round because it was virtually unplayable and he still sent me a nasty message even after he beat me. Maybe people just hate Lili?

Lol. Yeah, something like that happened to me when I lost to this spamming Kazuya player who spammed lasers and throws with tons of lag. I literally just gave up in the last round because it was virtually unplayable and he still sent me a nasty message even after he beat me. Maybe people just hate Lili?

if someone playing kayuza and spamming lasers they've got like no right to complain about lily.

Don't worry about it

jett

D-Member
6. The characters will be unlocked League of Legends style as you keep playing more.
How do you unlock characters in this sunnavabitch? You just play...and they unlock somewhere down the line? Is there a progress bar or something?

GrayFoxPL

How do you unlock characters in this sunnavabitch? You just play...and they unlock somewhere down the line? Is there a progress bar or something?

For gift points. You have the number in the menu.

1000 for first one, and then I think it's 7000 or 8000, then 30 000 and each 30 000.

But when you cross around 400 000 it may be 60 000 if AAK is right.

Random character unlocks.

AAK

TBH I think it jumps from 30k to 40k at a certain interval. And the unlock after that is 50k, and then the next unlock will be 60k. Once it reaches 60k I think it stays at that increment for now. I have no idea when those increments started taking place. all I know is that at 360k I didn't get an unlock and I was like WTF....

Erigu

TBH I think it jumps from 30k to 40k at a certain interval. And the unlock after that is 50k, and then the next unlock will be 60k. Once it reaches 60k I think it stays at that increment for now.
The next one is at 70000 points, the one after that at 80000 points, then 90000 points, and so on.
I seem to remember the last character I got was at 730000 points, and the next one should be at 840000 points (I'm only missing Xiaoyu and Armor King).

GrayFoxPL

The next one is at 70000 points, the one after that at 80000 points, then 90000 points, and so on.
I seem to remember the last character I got was at 730000 points, and the next one should be at 840000 points (I'm only missing Xiaoyu and Armor King).

Jesus Christ Ol' Mighty!

joeblow

Yep. After the first three characters, it's 30K gift points to unlock more until the 10th character at 240K, then the system adds 10K every unlock after that.

So 730K is the 17th unlock, 840K is the 18th, and 960K is the 19th. That will unlock everyone (including Bob when he comes to the U.S.) except Eliza who is unlocked through blood seals.

Manbig

Between Law, Lili and laser spam Kazuya, I could toss a controller through the damned TV screen...

I still don't get why people have such an issue dealing with these laser spamming Kazuya players. Even at a low level, it's fairly easy to react to it. Just stay at mid range and punish him with whatever after you duck/sidestep it.

joeblow

New patch is up..... in the US believe it or not. Besides Bob finally being added, we also get JayCee and some system updates:

▌Tekken Revolution Valentine Campaign
 ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄
  • Valentine Campaign is active from 2/13 until 2/24.
  • 50% off all premium effects in the PSN store.
  • Jaycee will be added to the roster.
  • The max DAN rank level you can achieve in the game is raised to the 25th DAN. (Raijin)
  • Level limit was also raised and now allows players to get to level 70.
  • In Mokujin Rush, the Blood Seals you get after 50 wins will be changed to getting 500 Blood seals after 10 wins.
  • Minor in battle balance changes have been made. (No specifics.)
  • All in-game events are active during the Valentine Campaign.
  • During 2/13 until 2/20, the site teases that there is the possibility to score big on the Blood seals needed to unlock Eliza that you normally receive after a VS Battle or clearing an Arcade runthrough.
  • You'll also be able to get a large amount of blood seals on the day after (2/21) in Mokujin Rush mode.
  • Mokujin Fest will be active on 2/21 until 2/24.

Link

Doomshine

"Minor in battle balance changes have been made." had me intrigued so I decided to fire it up... and sure enough, they've fixed the Miguel glitch!

Degen

WHEN'S JINPACHI

Seriously I'd pay for either him or Ogre

I hope they aren't stuck in the "unplayable boss" category for TR

I picked a great day to get back into revolution, the day Mokujin Rush ends. lol

I got to play it a few times with the premium tickets I had earned. Was pretty damn cool, loved the x6 Turbo and extra bonus along with the ticket for huge points.

Only managed to unlocked Jin and Jaycee out of the bunch.

The 5 dollar route isn't awful compared to costume prices, might wait and see what "special event" is coming next though,

joeblow

The game says next weekend's event is for bonus Gift Points to unlock characters faster (starts Thursday). You can wait for that to start.

Oh, I forgot to respond to AAK's request for matches a bit ago. You are too far for it to be any fun I think. I try to play only 5-bar matches when I can even if it means longer wait times. I don't want to get used to the feel of lag.

Top Bottom