• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I'm so glad to see Tekken went back to the visual style found in the earlier games with the brighter overall visuals and a wider more zoomed out camera. The game feels less claustrophobic and for me that is a good thing.

I'm so glad to see Tekken went back to the visual style found in the earlier games with the brighter overall visuals and a wider more zoomed out camera. The game feels less claustrophobic and for me that is a good thing.

I loved the closer camera in T6. Didn't realize they changed it back. Hope it doesn't bother me too much.

I'll be picking up my copy in about an hour. :D But ugh, why did this have to release on my first day back at college? :mad:

gryz

Banned
I loved the closer camera in T6. Didn't realize they changed it back. Hope it doesn't bother me too much.

I'll be picking up my copy in about an hour. :D But ugh, why did this have to release on my first day back at college? :mad:

sounds like a good time to me, nothing ever happens the first week of school.

Moofers

I got Tekken fever real bad, guys. I thought about Tekken all day at my crappy job, humming the music from various stages as well as that infectious customization music. Now, I've got an interview to go to which could get me out of my crap job but all I want to do is play more Tekken! Bah!

Away I go, but when I come back, I've got another hot date with that strangely arousing final boss!

VIVA TEKKEN!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If anyone thinks I'm magicaly good at any game I pick up right away this is 100% false. I'm currently 10-30 I just don't give a shit if I lose. Every match I feel myself getting better and better and better :D

I didn't realize how faraway the Tekken Lord ranking is...it's 40.
Vanquisher is 26...I think my highest character has only just hit 15 or so(And this is after what...150+ matches?).

Good freaking lord this is gonna be a grind. Maybe I should drop the match length to one round.

SFxT has a higher metascore.

2095c354.gif

Who needs online?

This scrub is fine with ghost battle lol.

But no seriously I just played like an hour of ghost battle and had a blast despite not having any combos down.

Jin is pretty cool.

Probably gonna try to learn him.

So many good fighting games for me this year in terms of playtime (SCV, VF5,P4A).

This should join the list...despite the lackluster customization mode (I'm a whore for that type of stuff....so many SCV dlc was bought...i feel bad).

I wish they'd release Kuni soon. She seems pretty awesome.

alstein

Cause tekken isn't good for new comers although it has a tutorial mode and they give you a few easy solid preset combos to learn for every character in the cast.

Pro tip Ignore review scores for fighting games.

There's only two reviewers who are good for fighting games: Haunts and Zero-Chan.

So fucking wrong this world.

When I decide to buy off the internet, retail has the game way before launchday
When I decide to buy from retail, the game comes nice and good on launchday

LowParry

SD's got a mean team with that Asuka/Jun. Jun is just fun to watch. It's pretty distracting when playing against her. But I'm finding some different approaches with my Kuni/Xiaoyu team that seems to be working so far. Still struggling with some finishers with Xiaoyu but I'll figure it out. Lili/Jun will be next.

She's great, she seems to have a lot of easy to confirm things that lead to launchers. As long as you dont get in a pattern of doing the same shit over and over with her she can be really confusing

Of all the "new" characters, she's probably the easiest to pick up on if you spend a good hour figuring her out. Plus watching the LUYG tutorial for Kuni is very helpful.

Damn, the ghosts at 25 Dan+ (Fujin, Raijin, Yaksa, etc) are pretty damn tough. Good training for online! Once I hit Tekken Lord I think I'll finally be ready to fight online. :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
SD's got a mean team with that Asuka/Jun. Jun is just fun to watch. It's pretty distracting when playing against her. But I'm finding some different approaches with my Kuni/Xiaoyu team that seems to be working so far. Still struggling with some finishers with Xiaoyu but I'll figure it out. Lili/Jun will be next.

Thanks man. Your Kuni/Xiao team is sick. Some of those tag combos man.. goddamn, well done. I still need to refine my Asuka/Jun team a bit more. Slowly but surely I'm starting to figure out what I can tap into for that extra fierceness.

I'm fucking garbage online. I'm 12-16 or 17 I think.

That's not bad man, keep it up.

Degen

Ancient Ogre does really well online but I should really get around to learning more than five moves and a juggle for him

anybody who feels like playing on PSN around 10:30PM EST, hit me up at Dragon17013

LowParry

Thanks man. Your Kuni/Xiao team is sick. Some of those tag combos man.. goddamn, well done. I still need to refine my Asuka/Jun team a bit more. Slowly but surely I'm starting to figure out what I can tap into for that extra fierceness.

Now if I could ever land them on Sayah, then I can can have some game!

She's great, she seems to have a lot of easy to confirm things that lead to launchers. As long as you dont get in a pattern of doing the same shit over and over with her she can be really confusing

why did she have to be a goddam gamestop exclusive?

I only could buy this game thanks to my amazon monies.

feels bad man.

Ragus

Banned
I'm still on the fence. I LOVED Tekken 3 and Tekken 5:DR, and really hated Tekken 4 and 6. Guess I should try it out first.

I don't plan on getting the game until the holidays, but do you guys think it would be a good idea to start watching training and tutorial videos now so I can get an idea of the mechanics? I feel like I learn better watching training videos while I am in the lab so I can try moves and setups right away instead of later. Also, would it be a good idea to pick up T6 and use it to get an idea of the mechanics and combos? The last Tekken I played was T5, and all I did was mash back then.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I wasn't able to preorder this, can I buy the preorder exclusive characters as DLC or do I have to wait for them to be unlocked?

Anyone have any suggestions for a partner for Leo? I've been running with Kazuya but I'm kinda tired of his gameplay style.

I've been eyeing Julia but I'm not experienced with her and thus unsure how well she would compliment Leo.

Top Bottom