• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Chairhome

Gaahhhhh. My flight home got delayed so I got in after Gamestop closed. And tomorrow I get to go on an awesome Disney Cruise, so I might have to wait till I come back to play. I'm so anxious to play this though.

maomaoIYP

While I like the new option to freely select the color of your items, I really miss the depth of the old customization options in T6.

LowParry

It's so nice to be able to play friends online with zero lag that live local to me. I love this game. And I'm looking forward to see how WNF turns out.

LowParry

Based on the anecdotal stories I have heard the last three days, it seems Operation: Save Tekken's Netcode has been a success.

Agreed. I say it's a huge success. I'm here in Utah and played some friends out in NYC and the online is flawless with 4-5 bars all the time. Hell, all of all my online matches I've had one 3 bar connection and the rest have been 4-5.

maomaoIYP

Its been a while since I've given T6 a spin but they seem more or less identical. What's missing?

For clothes you only have upper body and lower body. In T6 you have arms and legs, and some characters even had upper body inner and upper body outer. For example Anna had her dresses with the option for her fur coat.

Also, most of the customization items now are the same across the board for all characters.

Hellix

How do you actually save replay data? I thought it would give you the option after the fight like in T6 but I don't see it.

DR2K

Banned
Does this game not have a command training option? I'm a Tekken newb and don't know any moves. How am I supposed to learn them? =(

Kind of.

Go into command list, press triangle, and it'll display the command in practice. You can swap the commands on the fly.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How do you actually save replay data? I thought it would give you the option after the fight like in T6 but I don't see it.

Go into the replay theater menus and there should be a menu for all recent battles. It saves every replay automatically, including fights from offline versus mode.

You have to manually pick and choose replays to permanently save from this replay log before they get old and expire.

Hellix

Go into the replay theater menus and there should be a menu for all recent battles. It saves every replay automatically, including fights from offline versus mode.

You have to manually pick and choose replays to permanently save from this replay log before they get old and expire.

Oh okay, well that makes it easier then.

Ran into my first Kunimitsu player. She got some crazy moves.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anyone figure out how to unlock the old school outfits yet? I got to Jun in arcade mode and she walked in with her old school outfit. I. Want. That. Shit.

Ferrio

Banned
Liking kunimitsu... need to figure out who will be #2. Ling was my girl back in T3... but she's changed so much that I don't know if I wanna relearn her over again.

The hell. My code included a free PSN download of the original Tekken. Plus all the other DLC. And it came in a nice shiny tin case. And this is the standard edition.

Namco must love us Aussies (can ya blame em?). :D Installing now.

So hype. Waiting for end of day! :p (Perth><)

Are you good/bad/terrible? I need some aussies to play with lol.

Does this game not have a command training option? I'm a Tekken newb and don't know any moves. How am I supposed to learn them? =(
Not quite. You can go into the command list, hit [Triangle/Y] to put the commands up on the top of the screen and scroll through them using [Select/Back] + [L1/LB] (to go backwards) or [R1/RB] (to go forwards). You can hit [Select/Back] + [Triangle/Y] to have the computer perform the action if you're having trouble.

It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Anyone figure out how to unlock the old school outfits yet? I got to Jun in arcade mode and she walked in with her old school outfit. I. Want. That. Shit.
No clue. I have Steve's but I haven't touched Ghost Mode. I figure they just randomly unlock.

Degen

back to plan A (Bryan/King) for the free wins...

the shame...

the other characters are just not ready for serious play yet and I'm done with this 50% win rate lol

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Am I missing something or is replay theater really bare bones. I thought we were promised rewind, stop, and a plethora of ways to watch it.

CSX

back to plan A (Bryan/King) for the free wins...

the shame...

the other characters are just not ready for serious play yet and I'm done with this 50% win rate lol

im switching my characters around too and i know you can beat me.

All the characters i used for ranked are 50% or above.

You must have some good competition where you live :p

Edit : played against two teams with pair play on. thats kinda neat :)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
No clue. I have Steve's but I haven't touched Ghost Mode. I figure they just randomly unlock.

Were you playing arcade mode until it unlocked? Maybe I need to switch to that or something.

As of now I've done 160+ ghost matches. I have no problem doing more if need be. :lol

I take back everything I said about dropping Steve. Doing stuff from peekaboo now takes getting used to. I never used it much in T6, although I didn't play much T6.

Bleep

For those of you in Australia, was I meant to be given a separate code for preordering the We Are Tekken edition? I can't see a dlc code for anything other than the online pass!

Top Bottom