• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

All right, finished. A few brutal moments. The final choice especially.

I have a save where I both shot her and let Kenny shoot her, I don't know which one I want to use. :lol I shot her first, think I'm gonna stick with that one.

grimmiq

Really Telltale?..I had half an hour before going to work and I decided to start this up to get my fix and finish later tonight..

Chose to cut off Sarita's hand at the end of last episode..I had Lee not remove his in Season 1, he was going to turn 100%. Clem knew this, Kenny knew this.

I cut off her arm and figured some sort of backlash from Kenny..but she dies 2 seconds later..good to know my cliffhanger choice was so important. Then Clem has "No fucking right!", despite Kenny being gung-ho about it with Lee in season 1 despite her bite being 10x worse than Lee's..

culafia

Beat it. Thought it was good, but I wish the episodes were more self-contained like Season 1.

Questions:

What happens if you decide to stay? I left and met the Russians on the road. Rebecca seemingly died of exhaustion.
What happens to Sarah if you don't let her die at either location? I said fuck it on the deck.
Did anyone get to see Kenny's exposed eye? They made it sound like that was a possibility. If so, how is it? Will infection be an issue next episode?

Speculation:

Kenny won't die off-camera because Telltale knows how crucial he is. He's my favorite, but I think he's going to get the Lee treatment on the last episode. I don't think Clem dies yet.
I think Luke got shot but doesn't die immediately, one of the two forgettable people from the Confederacy museum are killed immediately, and a lesser Russian is killed.
We're totally seeing Christa next episode.
We never saw the fucked up serial killer dude Nate from 400 Days ever again, did we? I wonder if he'll pop up.

nai

So I made some choices that I'm not sure about.
What happens if
you don't steal the pills? Do the russians still attack?

TadThuggish

Neo Member
I feel super bad about
leaving Sarah to die on the dock after promising to look out for her
. It reminded me of a moment in the first game between Duck and some random farmboy. The farmboy got attacked first, then Duck, so I went after the farmboy because I recognized he had less time but Kenny ended up blaming me for the rest of the game for not going after Duck first.

It's not that I left Duck
or Sarah
to die, but that my logical brain was following the events in order.
Jane's hand was in front of me, so why not get Jane and then jump down for Sarah?
The Walking Dead mimics real life in that way but what a bummer.

Tacitus_

Beat it. Thought it was good, but I wish the episodes were more self-contained like Season 1.

Did anyone get to see Kenny's exposed eye? They made it sound like that was a possibility. If so, how is it? Will infection be an issue next episode?

I got a look at it
Clem lifts the bandage and goes ewww, but doesn't say anything.

damn, I just got spoiled. Serves me right for browsing this thread I suppose.
I did too :( thanks TadThuggish

Is this not out on 360 yet? It says "download now" but it won't let me access it in the Xbox menu.

Edit: WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU QUOTE IT UNSPOILERTAGGED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOT BEING SPOILER TAGGED

Nzyme32

I'm having the same problem at the moment... :(

Well just be even more wary of the wolf among us threads, where spoilers may not be of the game but of the fables comics, in which case you get the future episodes ruined. lucky the spoiler I saw was super minor, but others.....

Bryko

I liked this episode a lot, might be my favorite so far this season.

•
Does Sarita live any longer if you don't chop her arm off? I groaned when she died immediately.
• I appreciated that there was some breathing room to walk around and explore -- something I've been missing over the last few episodes.
• I wish
teaching Sarah to shoot would've paid off. I pretty much supported her no matter what throughout the season. I was a big Ben sympathizer in season 1 too, so I guess that's just the kind of person I am.
• Rebecca's a great character, probably my favorite of the new group. Jane annoys me and reminds me too much of Molly from season 1, but I like where they took her character in this episode.
•
Kenny (even in deranged mode) >>>>> Luke
• So has anything from 400 Days mattered at all yet?
Bonnie goes with Tavia no matter what at the end of that, and I'm pretty sure none of the other characters have appeared at all. Apparently Eddie is in the preview picture for this episode, but he never showed up.
• Apparently lol

Linkark07

Banned
Just finished it. What a chapter, didn't expect that ending.

I may be harsh but felt glad when Sarah died. What a burden she was. Does she survive if you let Clem save her?; also, this may get some dislike, but I was kinda disappointed Kenny didn't kick the bucket. Poor guy is too broken.

Marjar

Banned
Just finished it. What a chapter, didn't expect that ending.

I may be harsh but felt glad when Sarah died. What a burden she was. Does she survive if you let Clem save her?; also, this may get some dislike, but I was kinda disappointed Kenny didn't kick the bucket. Poor guy is too broken.

I honestly disliked her more than Ben. Ben at least was trying to be helpful at points and redeemed himself a bit before he finally died, but Sarah was just broken. There was no hope for her at all. Plus I didn't want to risk Jane dying.

The worst part is that technically it's all her dad's fault. If he wasn't so overprotective and made her come to terms with the reality of the apocalypse she probably wouldn't have died.

Linkark07

Banned
I honestly disliked her more than Ben. Ben at least was trying to be helpful at points and redeemed himself a bit before he finally died, but Sarah was just broken. There was no hope for her at all. Plus I didn't want to risk Jane dying.

The worst part is that technically it's all her dad's fault. If he wasn't so overprotective and made her come to terms with the reality of the apocalypse she probably wouldn't have died.

Me too. Disliked her with a passion.

It makes me wonder though, what if Lee hadn't taught Clementine to be tough when the old man told him to stop treating her like a little girl.

Tacitus_

Well
she clearly had some sort of mental issues. Depression for example can make you lock up like that. And didn't she have a panic attack at one point? I remember she couldn't breath at some stressful point.

Still ditched her the moment I could, :lol

About how long is this episode? I'm tempted to start it up now but I think I'll wait until after work tomorrow instead so I can do it all in one sitting.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
About how long is this episode? I'm tempted to start it up now but I think I'll wait until after work tomorrow instead so I can do it all in one sitting.

About 1-1.25 hours.

Man, the credits are weird. Under Luke's name it says "performed by Scott Porter" and everyone else just has the VA's name. >_>?

Last scene spoilers:
well, crap, I feel like it's just going to be Clem and the baby left alive. :(

Dram

I guess will have to wait till after the second season is done to see what happened to the
400 characters.

I've not regretted playing this season, mostly hoping to help Clem wade through the corpses of these idiots she's with, but Ep 4 is the first one I was genuinely gripped several times during. Good job Telltale.

People are asking about choices in this ep, but I think we all pretty much end up the same place....I don't mind, cause they made me feel like it mattered at the time. And I like that you're forced to make quite a few messy ones...or at least I did.

Obviously,
it'll end with Clem, the baby and maybe some one else from the group. They'll find Christa and she'll be the acting mother for the baby (to make up for her lost of her baby). But man, I really do hope Clem moves on alone I'd love to see a grown up Clem for S3.

Corpsepyre

Banned
IGN has been praising the shit out of this season, but gave this episode a 6 :S Gamespot, on the other hand, who don't seem to like Telltale whatsoever, gave it a 9. What gives?

This was just a poorly done episode
first off considering how pro Keny I was throughout the whole thing, his crassness towards a child like Clem seems just stupid, when I decided to cut the arm off him being mad at me is unjustified and nonsensical, I mean come on how long has this shit been going on can't he get over it already, even if you can then don't blame it on a fucking child like moron.

THEN the whole fucking relation you build with that Jane and Clem & Sarah and Clem gets built up just to be discarded within a really short span, which just seems like lazy way to handle the whole story with those characters, I mean why make me have a moment with this character that you will just kill off not more then half an hour from now? I don't even know what happened with Luke there he was just acting all strange and shit for no apparent reason, I thought Clem and Luke bonded over time, but here they become distant barely talk and when they do its hardly for a second, considering he's been pro clem since the start he would be more understanding of her, but no same as Keny just taking a sharp left turn whenever. Also I didn't like how dismissive the whole episode was on mental health issues or at least the characters that are supposed to be grown adults acting like children through out it was just stupid.

FrozenXcalibur

Neo Member
Apparently Jane stole them instead. If you mention her, he gets paranoid and asks where she is.
That was not my understanding of the situation but I guess what you are suggesting is also probable.

Technically
she stole his gun
Well the theft was in relation to the medicines, that's the only thing they mentioned when the other Russians made fun of Arvo.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
This was just a poorly done episode
first off considering how pro Keny I was throughout the whole thing, his crassness towards a child like Clem seems just stupid, when I decided to cut the arm off him being mad at me is unjustified and nonsensical, I mean come on how long has this shit been going on can't he get over it already, even if you can then don't blame it on a fucking child like moron.

I liked it when CLem called him out and said he was an asshole.

Manu

The Kenny thing
is kinda understandable in that Clem didn't just chop off Sarita's arm, she did it while they were right among a fuckload of zombies. She screamed in pain and shock, and was eaten before she even had time to react. It really wasn't a good idea in hindsight. The best course of action would've been to get out of there first and then chop off the arm.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
The Kenny thing
is kinda understandable in that Clem didn't just chop off Sarita's arm, she did it while they were right among a fuckload of zombies. She screamed in pain and shock, and was eaten before she even had time to react. It really wasn't a good idea in hindsight. The best course of action would've been to get out of there first and then chop off the arm.

Problem with that is it might have been to late by then.
Kenny gets annoyed at Clem if you kill the walker as well, so it's just Kenny being a dick.

Disgraced

Kenny does it if you don't.

I kind of regretted
letting him do it, though. I'm worried people will give him shit for it when it was the right thing to do.

Shit will definitely be given
to somebody,
[Edit: and it will only be given] to Kenny
if he survives
the shootout
, that is.

Top Bottom