• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Violet_0

Banned
oh shit Clementine is a badass

off with the arm! And stayed to watch Kenny punch in that dude's face. And took the blame every time someone else fucked up the whole season long
I hope Sarah is dead, I haven't watched the preview for the next episode :3
That psycho lady is gonna be trouble
my choices

Corpsepyre

Banned
Finished episode 3. Brilliant episode. This is further proof that the TV show has been a huge missed opportunity on many fronts. Lazy writing aside, it just shouldn't have been on AMC to begin with. A lot of the grit present in the comics, which IS there in the game along with the several hard decisions, has been lost. They really should look into pitching an animated TV show to HBO, akin to the Telltale game series.

Carver >>>>>>>> TV show version of The Governor

LiK

I enjoyed this ep but the loading on PS3 was way more brutal than previous eps. The loading from scenes after a checkpoint took a while. I wonder if the trophy popups were also a part of the problem? Anyway, hoping the next ep has less of this issue. It sorta ruined some of the pacing and immersion.

gdt

I'm just catching up now. Episode 2 was fantastic. Just as good as anything from season 1. Strange how small this thread is though. S1 was Goty (more or less). How well is season 2 doing for TT ?

I'm just catching up now. Episode 2 was fantastic. Just as good as anything from season 1. Strange how small this thread is though. S1 was Goty (more or less). How well is season 2 doing for TT ?

This thread is mostly for complaining about the next episode not being out yet.

Spoiler thread is where the action is.

CloudWolf

Well, this is nice. When Ep. 2 released, I lost my both my episode 1 save games. That was annoying, but I could deal with it. Now it has happened again with Ep.3, I lost every save game I had which leaves me with the only option of playing the first two episodes again with the exact same choices as before in order to see what happens next. I think I'll wait till the rest of the season releases to progress, I don't want this to happen everytime a new episode comes out.

Goddammit Telltale.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is mostly for complaining about the next episode not being out yet..

Speaking of which I am sure we will get the usual answer from TTG:
get

Can't wait to jump on Season 2 at some point. I lost my save file on my computer and didn't even get to finish 400 days, so I'm probably gonna play through it all again on Vita as I would prefer to play on it.

I have a couple questions though:
1) How do season 1 and 2 run on Vita? Computer could be a little choppy and buggy at times but mostly fine.
2) Do your decisions in season 1 impact anything in season 2 (so far)?
3) And how are you all liking Season 2 compared to the first one?

JustinBB7

They've been on a good schedule for the past few months now. Every month they release either Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead now. So next walking dead ep will be around 15th of July, and the final episode will be around 9 September.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I would look back through this thread because I'm sure this has already been answered, but in fear of spoilers I'll just ask it myself: how essential is save import, if at all? I want to buy season 2 on PS3, but I played season 1 on a different platform. I don't want to purchase it again, and I don't want to replay it again unless I'd be missing out. Thanks. 👍

I would look back through this thread because I'm sure this has already been answered, but in fear of spoilers I'll just ask it myself: how essential is save import, if at all? I want to buy season 2 on PS3, but I played season 1 on a different platform. I don't want to purchase it again, and I don't want to replay it again unless I'd be missing out. Thanks. 👍

It matters in the same way that importing a save from a previous episode matters: a lot. Unless you don't care about losing everything you've done so far, it's a big deal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It matters in the same way that importing a save from a previous episode matters: a lot. Unless you don't care about losing everything you've done so far, it's a big deal.

Okay, thanks. I'll just wait until I have time and I'll start again from the beginning. I wonder if the rumored PS4 version will be the complete series or at least compatible with PS3 saves...

Sibylus

Banned
Marathoned 400 Days and the three released S2 episodes today with my sister. Depressed, disturbed, and inspired.

Recommended!

played Ep 1 and damn the hits to the feels didnt take long. Playing it with Clementine not taking any shit from anyone.

when the pregnant girl was being pissy to me i told her "you should be nicer to me" thats my advice. gotta put the fear into people

ps: playing on vita and nice to see TT fixed the framerate......oh wait

RPGCrazied

Dang, watching Carver
get beat down by Kenny was brutal. Why did I stay and watch? :/

Any release date for episode 4 yet?

Does Season 2 run better on PC/Mac than Season 1 (which seems to be buggy and laggy at times)?

I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina 2012, btw.

Darksol

Do we have an approximate timeline of when Season 2 will be finished? I've held off so far, as I like to binge on all of the chapters back to back, rather than playing them piecemeal over months.

Goldrusher

Only this week, in Europe:

The Walking Dead: Season Two – SEASON PASS (PS3)
Was €19.99, now €6.49 / Plus: €5.84

The Walking Dead: Season Two – SEASON PASS (PS Vita)
Was €19.99, now €9.99 / Plus: €8.99

So uh I just read the trophies on PS3 for the last two episodes in season 2.. Does this mean they are coming out soon? I mean in the season pass it said summer 2014, so maybe next week or later for the walking dead S2 part 4?

So uh I just read the trophies on PS3 for the last two episodes in season 2.. Does this mean they are coming out soon? I mean in the season pass it said summer 2014, so maybe next week or later for the walking dead S2 part 4?

No idea, it's come up on my Vita too, upset that I couldn't download it!

So I've just finished Episode 2.
YAY KENNY KENNY'S BACK OH MY GOD KENNY :)

Okay, figure this needs a bump as I've just finished Ep 3. Some thoughts:

- I appreciate how they've made a cast of differentiated, interesting new characters. That said...
- [EP2]
Kenny returning made me incredibly happy. He's rash, headstrong, and a little dumb, but I love him nonetheless.
- Getting a little tired of the whole insanely pragmatic antagonist thing in TWD media. Carveris basically Negan minus the excessive sadism
- Clementine's a bad bitch and I don't care. Also, how much time is meant to have passed between the end of Season 1 and now, because her voice went up about 3 octaves.
- Is it bad that after watching multiple YouTube playthroughs of Season 1 the choices have that much less impact for me, as I know they won't have bothered to implement widely different choices
- Unfortunately the QTEs seem more intrusive, irritating, and needless as ever. If I had a dime for every time I rapidly pressed X to escape/push over/push away something...

Either way, really enjoying both this and Wolf Among Us. The thirst for Game of Thrones is very, very real. So... Episode 4 when now? (Hope they don't have a stupidly disparate Vita release date for whatever reason)

Okay, figure this needs a bump as I've just finished Ep 3. Some thoughts:

- I appreciate how they've made a cast of differentiated, interesting new characters. That said...
- [EP2]
Kenny returning made me incredibly happy. He's rash, headstrong, and a little dumb, but I love him nonetheless.
- Getting a little tired of the whole insanely pragmatic antagonist thing in TWD media. Carveris basically Negan minus the excessive sadism
- Clementine's a bad bitch and I don't care. Also, how much time is meant to have passed between the end of Season 1 and now, because her voice went up about 3 octaves.
- Is it bad that after watching multiple YouTube playthroughs of Season 1 the choices have that much less impact for me, as I know they won't have bothered to implement widely different choices
- Unfortunately the QTEs seem more intrusive, irritating, and needless as ever. If I had a dime for every time I rapidly pressed X to escape/push over/push away something...
Either way, really enjoying both this and Wolf Among Us. The thirst for Game of Thrones is very, very real. So... Episode 4 when now? (Hope they don't have a stupidly disparate Vita release date for whatever reason)

Regarding Clementine's voice
Christa wasn't showing any pregnancy evidence at the end of S1, while we can see she's heavily pregnant (7 months?) when S1E1 starts, then there's a 16 months timeskip. I assume we could say season 2 takes place at least 20-25 months after season 1.

RPGCrazied

I hope episode 4 comes out soon. One thing I hate about episodic gaming. The waiting game. Sometimes it can be a month, sometimes even a few months. It really sucks.

Between the first chapter and the second chapter of Season 2, Episode 1, there's a 16-month timeskip. Since they find the diner after those 400 days have passed, I'm guessing it's been over two years since the start of Season 1.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hope episode 4 comes out soon. One thing I hate about episodic gaming. The waiting game. Sometimes it can be a month, sometimes even a few months. It really sucks.

They tweeted a picture for The Wolf Among Us episode 5 so it seems like they're wrapping that up first.

crispyben

With this week Euro-sale, I wonder how Season 2 runs on the Vita since I remember people saying Season 1 was a mess on there... Please not I played Season 1 on PS3 and thought it was fine!

Silky

Banned
Picked up the game during the XBL sale. On Episode 1 now.

LORD WHY THEY GOTTA MAKE ME KILL THE GODDAMN DOG.

WTF, I thought the season was done when I picked this up during the Steam sale. But I reached episode 4 and, surprise surprise! "This episode coming soon."

Damn it all.

jakomocha

So, I'm waiting for all 5 episodes to come out of Season 2 before buying it (as I did with Season 1), and I'm curious, in terms of gameplay mechanics (not tone or story of course), is The Walking Dead Season 2 more similar to The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead S1? The Wolf Among Us is overall more concise, with better controls and much more exhilarating action scenes. However, The Walking Dead definitely feels more open with larger environments and more (albeit easy) puzzles. For games which are in the same genre and made by the same developer, they each play surprisingly different.

raindoc

So, I'm waiting for all 5 episodes to come out of Season 2 before buying it (as I did with Season 1), and I'm curious, in terms of gameplay mechanics (not tone or story of course), is The Walking Dead Season 2 more similar to The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead S1? The Wolf Among Us is overall more concise, with better controls and much more exhilarating action scenes. However, The Walking Dead definitely feels more open with larger environments and more (albeit easy) puzzles. For games which are in the same genre and made by the same developer, they each play surprisingly different.

S2 plays a lot like TWAU. Absolutely no puzzles, lot's of swiping left and right and button/touschscreen-meshing.
and there's a lot less to see/do imo. S1 still felt like an adventure game, S2 more like an interactive animated series, IMHO.

Card Boy

Banned

If you played those two then there are no surprises with Season 2 of The Walking Dead game, It's basically the same thing. Strong story not much gameplay and you make thought provoking decisions that carry on.

jakomocha

S2 plays a lot like TWAU. Absolutely no puzzles, lot's of swiping left and right and button/touschscreen-meshing.
and there's a lot less to see/do imo. S1 still felt like an adventure game, S2 more like an interactive animated series, IMHO.
Oh, that's a little disappointing. I kind of hoped it was a mix of the two. I mean, TWAU definitely has better gameplay than TWD S1 but I liked how much more open it felt and the puzzles, while not particularly memorable, added length to the game and were somewhat enjoyable.

Rembrandt

Banned
Without spoiling, because I have to wait for the X1 version, how is this season compared to the first? Has the premise gotten old/story gotten flat/clem became terrible?

Without spoiling, because I have to wait for the X1 version, how is this season compared to the first? Has the premise gotten old/story gotten flat/clem became terrible?

I think its been fantastic so far. Not sure if its as good as S1 (considering this season isn't done yet), but if you enjoyed the first then its a must play to see where they took Clem 's character this season.

raindoc

I didn't think I would mind playing as Clementine, but now I find myself longing for the days when I was supposed to take care of her as Lee. Maybe it's an age thing, I'm old enough to have kids in Clem's age, but IMHO that was a important reason to get emotionally involved in the game (having to protect a kid), I do not feel that connection now that I play as Clem herself.
That's further exacerbated by the plot, in which a bunch of adults that supposedly survived for years in the Zombie-Apocalypse constantly rely on a little kid to get shit done.
I envy everyone who's still into this because I loved S1, but ATM I lost most of my interest in the series...

Season 2 is weaker than Season 1. Takes three episodes to set things up, which is a huge problem.

Also, there are fewer hard choices.

Top Bottom