• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Madouu

It was slightly disappointing to me, at this point I feel like I'd rather have the game focus on its narrative and exploration parts exclusively rather than the action scenes. After playing through the same qte based combat mechanics in the previous episodes and the wolf among us, it is starting to wear me out.

Looking forward to the next episode though, love the story and the characters.

Not a strong start compared to S1, getting rid of the dregs of S1 to truly kick-start S2 was kind of weak. I saw
Omid's death
the moment Telltale dropped that screenshot anyway. The scenario though is a lot harsher than with Lee since it was early days I hope for good things to come. he new UI is kind of weird, took a while getting used to it.

Biggest surprise was Sam though. Never saw it coming.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
Here for the EU PSN release. Still can't see or download it from this end, Steam is looking pretty attractive right now with its global business model haha.

breakfuss

Is anyone else having issues importing their season 1 save file on PS3?? Man. I just re-downloaded it from the PS+ cloud and it's not being recognized.

breakfuss

Really excited to finally play this! Loved the first season to bits (and not ashamed to admit I cried my eyes out) so really looking forward to what lies ahead in this series.

Wait? Are you really who your handle says you are..?

EDIT: SWEET baby Jozef! I closed and restarted the game and it recognized my save. So for anyone on PS3 using a cloud save, try more than once if you run into an issue.

raindoc

Is anyone else having issues importing their season 1 save file on PS3?? Man. I just re-downloaded it from the PS+ cloud and it's not being recognized.

I'm not sure if really matters/works properly. In the S1 savegame I loaded up first I (S1E3 spoiler)
I had killed the 1st brother with the pitchfork, Christa gave me hell for it because Clementine watched,
but in S2 I'm shown Lee doing the exact opposite...

Cronen

So with the 360 version, am I right in thinking that that the Season Pass is for Episodes 2-5 only? So would buy Episode 1 separately?

I'm not sure if really matters/works properly. In the S1 savegame I loaded up first I (S1E3 spoiler)
I had killed the 1st brother with the pitchfork, Christa gave me hell for it because Clementine watched,
but in S2 I'm shown Lee doing the exact opposite...

Same thing happened to me with that scene, every other choice (though they didn't show very many) did line up with what I had done in the previous season though.

hohoXD123

Exact same problem that I have. It's showing in my purchases, but there's no sign of it in my download list. It's not in the store yet via my PS3 either. Telltale...

Think this is a problem on Sony's end for now. Let me see if it lets me download ep1 separately...

Edit: ok, I think this will work. Try to download these two, both should be free:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-walking-dead-season-2-ep1-all-that-remains/cid=EP2026-NPEB01911_00-TWDS200000000KEY

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-walking-dead-season-2-ep1-all-that-remains/cid=EP2026-NPEB01911_00-TWDS20000000GAME

NeoGiff

You're right, all seems to be fine now, the panic was over nothing!

I won't be able to play this until tonight, so I'll have to see then if there are any issues with my saves transferring over.

Yeah I don't know what's going on with Telltale. It's been over two months since the first episode of The Wolf Among Us and there hasn't been any details on when the second episode is releasing. I guess it might be the fact they are working on four games right now but still, these waits are getting out of hand.

Tell that to the people who have to wait for episodes of Kentucky Route Zero. Two episodes released this year. :(

Trigger

Finally downloading
Xs8eiNf.gif

Wait? Are you really who your handle says you are..?

EDIT: SWEET baby Jozef! I closed and restarted the game and it recognized my save. So for anyone on PS3 using a cloud save, try more than once if you run into an issue.

Tried dozen times. But it still didn't work for me. Restarted my PS3, started season 1. Nothing works here. Still get the 'Unable to find a save'

EDIT: Deleted local save, tried to copy from the cloud. 'You cannot download this saved data at this time. You can download only one time per 24 hours. @!@!"

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
Another member for the "Unable to find save" team.

Troubleshot the system, verified the save data, copied it a bunch of times, copied it to the cloud, still unable to find the system.

This. Sucks.

Just a game I get it but its a busy week/period and I was looking forward to sitting down with S2 before the spoilers would be hitting the web. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon...

Downhome

I played most of it last night but didn't finish. I started it late and my wife needed to get in bed and she wants to watch me play all of it since she followed the first season.

I have never, ever, been as emotionally attached to and invested in a character in a video game as I am with Clementine. It's amazing what they have done with this character. She has such amazing facial expressions and it just breaks my heart. It's very weird, they make me truly feel like her caretaker, a father figure. I want to be able to jump into the game to protect her. :( I have never felt like that while playing a game before.

My wife laughs at me when I play this game, especially last night with this episode. My mouth literally fell open near the start and I'm on the edge of my seat, again literally, for most of the time I'm playing.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
I played most of it last night but didn't finish. I started it late and my wife needed to get in bed and she wants to watch me play all of it since she followed the first season.

I have never, ever, been as emotionally attached to and invested in a character in a video game as I am with Clementine. It's amazing what they have done with this character. She has such amazing facial expressions and it just breaks my heart.

Stuff like this isn't helping but at least glad that there is something to look forward to :)

I probably enjoyed the episode more than I expected to. It's certainly a solid foundation that they can build off as the series goes on.

[I'll spoiler this bit of criticism for people that haven't finished the episode]
Maybe it'll come to fruition later in the series but I think having Clem as the playable character is a bit of misstep. Having the player assume the role of an eleven year old means that the player is far more knowledgeable than the character they're playing as. There's a disconnect there when it comes to things like building a fire, something I know how to do but Clem still has to learn.

Then there's the disconnect between the UI and Clem. At one point this episode there's an objective to get Peroxide for Clem's arm, I guess it's possible that Clem knows what peroxide is but calling it peroxide instead of something more vague like 'disinfectant' makes it feel a bit dissonant. Another time this happens is with the fishing tackle, some of the item names seem too descriptive for someone of that age.

The advantage they had with Lee is that in terms of education and knowing how the world works, he's basically on par with the person holding the controller. It either allows the player to worry less about playing a role and more about giving their own gut reactions to events or that Clem is the most perceptive and mature 11 year old on the planet. I don't know how huge of a deal it'll be in the future, they've already established Clem and smart and strong, but I think having her be the player's lens into this world requires more effort on the part of either the designers or the players.

hohoXD123

Framerate drops, long loading screens, gameplay as simplistic as last season. Yet I'm still enjoying the heck out of the first episode so far.

IMACOMPUTA

Unfortunately I played Season 1 on Xbox 360.

Is there any way to convert my save from 360 into a pc save to use with season 2? Or any way to jump into the pc version and continue with my past decisions?

Thanks!

Cudder

Since Episode 1 is the "base game" and all of the additional chapters are considered to be DLC, it kind of makes sense. They probably should've offered a bundle of Ep. 1 and the Season Pass together, though.
The discount is still there for season pass though, right? So I have to spend 5$ on episode one and then purchase the season pass after as well? That's weird. I didn't buy episode one last night because I thought the season pass would include all episodes for one checkout.

Overall it was great. (Spoilers)
The dog scene was easily the saddest I've been recently. And the stitching scene 0_0. It kinda ended a bit abruptly though.
And it felt kinda short in compared to the other episodes. It was great though, TellTale never failing. Also anyone thinking about getting the 360 version, don't worry about it. I never went through any bugs, and there wasn't really much lag at all. In comparison to The Wolf Among Us at least. Might be different for others though.

RIP Omid :'(

Yesterday I discovered that for whatever reason, I never had my PS3 saves for Season 1 and 400 Days backing up to the cloud, and a month ago I ended up formatting my HDD to resolve some issues I was having. Feels bad, man.

Hopefully it doesn't have a major impact on the story. I really wish this was out on PS4 though.

RPGCrazied

So, I'm guessing we won't get episode 2 until February. Surely Wolf Among Us episode 2 is in January? I seriously doubt they are going to release 2 episodes from 2 different games in the same month.

Novoitus

Banned
sooo is there anything in place for people who don't have season 1 saves? i'd honestly rather get this on my PC than boot up my 360 again (i played S1 on there)

edit: i just read the FAQ. lammeeee

Release Predictions:
Wolf Among Us E2 - January
TWD S2 E2 - February
Wolf Among Us E3 - March
TWD S2 E3 - April
Wolf Among Us E4 - May
TWD S2 E4 - June
Wolf Among Us E5 - July
TWD S2 E5 - August
This would actually make the wait for both series less painful but we'll see.

Futher Predictions:
Fall 2014: Tales from the Borderlands
Late Fall 2014/Q1 2015: Game of Thrones
Q3 2015: Wolf Among Us Season 2
Q4 2015: Walking Dead Season 3
Good solid few years for Telltale.

Top Bottom