• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

LuuKyK

Maria being up 4-1 and 2-0 40-15 on both sets and still losing the match. :lol:lol:lol

These Serena x Sharapova matches are so obvious its not even funny.

I really feel bad for Maria though. If she was 6-0 5-0 40-0 up against Serena she would still find a way to lose the match.

Peru

Maria's had shots at taking the match in the last 4 of 5 meetings, where for years she was destroyed. I don't know if it's a positive that she competes or a negative that she crumbles when Serena focuses and serves her off the court. Eeh, whatever, I'm overall ok with the tournament.

ghstwrld

tumblr_n329h30vU71r4ob8ho1_400.gif

lol

LuuKyK

So amazing to watch Cibulkova play. She is so small. lol Its like her racket is the size of her entire body. Even the ball kids are taller. lol Still she is so talented...

Serena versus Maria has to be one of the worst "rivalries" in history.

Its much more an off-court rivalry than anything else to be honest. As in, fan rivalry. Its a loopsided match-up between the two most famous tennis athletes out there. And thats pretty much it.

LuuKyK

Well, thats... weird. lol Novak had 3 byes to reach the final? is that right? Wow.

Edit: Its a left groin injury btw.

Edit 2: Martina Hingis is in a WTA final, just reached doubles final in Miami with Sabine Lisicki. Pretty cool!

Reyne

BOTH semis got walkovers xD

Organizers gonna hang themselves.

Seriously, WTF is even going on here? I just wanted to watch some tennis tonight but nope...
I do feel bad for those who paid for their tickets though... unless they get a refund...

Reyne

Yeah me too. So we have to wait till Sunday?

Men's final on Sunday, yeah. On the other hand, both players will be more or less equally rested/rusty since a walkover can be both a good and a bad thing. Djokovic had two walkovers, which actually isn't much of a good thing since he likes to play himself into form and Nadal definitely gains confidence by each match he plays.

Faith

So here is the new ATP ranking for next week:

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Wawrinka
4. Federer (+1)
5. Berdych (+2)
6. Ferrer (-2)
7. Del Potro (+1)
8. Murray (-2)
9. Isner (+1)
10. Raonic (+2)
11. Gasquet (-2)
12. Tsonga (-1)
13. Fognini (+1)
14. Robredo (+2)
15. Dimitrov
16. Nishikori (+4)

Quite a lot of changes.

BOTH semis got walkovers xD

Organizers gonna hang themselves.
I know, that's some Williams sisters type shit.

Sometimes its hard to see Simitrov ao high. Brah hasn't even broken through yet. Relly hasn't had a big result in a major. But then you see Isner at 9 and he is just a master at having marathon matches in majors and losing in round 3 or 4.

Faith

I think Fognini, Dimitrov, Dolgopolov & Nishikori have all the potential to reach Top10 and maybe be a part of the world tour finals.

I think Fognini, Dimitrov, Dolgopolov & Nishikori have all the potential to reach Top10 and maybe be a part of the world tour finals.

It will interesting to see who takes Del Potro place. Tsonga hasn't been doing that well lately and he has a semi final at the French to defend but he went out at the 2nd round of Wimbledon and didn't play in the US Open so he has more points to gain than lose.

What exactly was wrong with Birdshit that he had to pull out? What a disappointing event.....

Nishikori has a chance to be a peripheral top tener. Dimitrov needs a big win or a result at a major before I take him seriously. Janowicz, I thought he had a warrior's heart but I guess not. Raonic hasn't improved the last few years. Tomoc career is over, he is on the Donald Young descent.

oti

Banned
First time watching a tournament over TennisTV and no semi-finals on the men's side, yay...

But how great was Cibulkova against Radwanska guys? So great.

First time watching a tournament over TennisTV and no semi-finals on the men's side, yay...

But how great was Cibulkova against Radwanska guys? So great.
I would ask for a refund if I only paid for the tournament or a day. Especially if I was a ticket holder. There would be hell to pay. I would sentence Berdych to one years hard labor and Nishikori to be a mangaka's assistant for six months.

oti

Banned
I would ask for a refund if I only paid for the tournament or a day. Especially if I was a ticket holder. There would be hell to pay. I would sentence Berdych to one years hard labor and Nishikori to be a mangaka's assistant for six months.

Oh my. No, it's not that big of a deal. :) I payed 105€ for a year, German tennis coverage is just...really lacking and almost no ATP tournaments. Now I hope I can watch those tournaments that are banned in my region through a VPN or something...

So now there's a girl singing something, about America I guess. Flags and everything. When I attended the final between Nadal and Federer in Hamburg in '08, there weren't any German flags or songs about Germany. :\

LuuKyK

Of course the moment she is not playing Maria, Serena plays like shit and can't hit a first serve to save her life. Why couldn't she serve like this yesterday? Ugh. >_>

LuuKyK

Well. Serena is back. :lol

Still, she is far from serving like she did against Sharapova, she was ace-ing (she ended up with 10 iirc) everywhere and hitting un-returnable serves consecutively in that match while today she doesn't even had an ace on the entirety of the first set. Li really should have taken her chances here against a very erratic Serena.

Faith

n7iswt8p.png

The quality of TennisTV is just superb. Btw, love the voice of the female commentator...she sounds like Lara Croft from the last Tomb Raider game xD

oti

Banned
The quality of TennisTV is just superb. Btw, love the voice of the female commentator...she sounds like Lara Croft from the last Tomb Raider game xD

Yes! But why is the male commentator always referencing the song playing in the stadium for one of his corny lines?

About the match:

"Nuh, Li."

Right? Right? I'll show myself out.

n7iswt8p.png

Really is incredible. ButI already subscribe to too many streaming services and have Tennis Channel and such....

Top Bottom