• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Faith

3 WTF title in a row and the 4th in total. Nice one Djokovic. Well earned, you played way better than everyone else.

Staying healthy is part of the game.

Diamond

It's a shame, but I guess nobody was very confident in Federer chances after the Wawrinka marathon last night. The question is : is it a strategic withdraw to be able to play at a good level next week or is Federer really isn't able to play at all, which would be very bad news for the Swiss team.

zero_suit

It's a shame, but I guess nobody was very confident in Federer chances after the Wawrinka marathon last night. The question is : is it a strategic withdraw to be able to play at a good level next week or is Federer really isn't able to play at all, which would be very bad news for the Swiss team.

They're screwed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bit baffling as to why they picked Murray for this, he's clearly not in form. Should have gone with Stan.

Reyne

Bit baffling as to why they picked Murray for this, he's clearly not in form. Should have gone with Stan.

Eh, not sure if he would have been up for it either. I mean, its been less than 24 hours since he lost a grueling match too.

Not that he wouldn't be match fit... but you know, Murray is playing because he feels obligated, from what I understand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, not sure if he would have been up for it either. I mean, its been less than 24 hours since he lost a grueling match too.

I suppose, yeah. Gosh, this has been such an awful WTF. Bagels, chokes and cripples abound.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

1. they wanted a brit because of all the britishness
2. no way would stan have agreed to play

i can see djokovic letting murray win since he's so desperate to be liked.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They seem to be playing fairly seriously so far, I'm surprised.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is... actually looking quite enjoyable so far.

EDIT: As if we needed any more evidence that Murray is mentally fucked rather than physically, he's now GOATing some backhands.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol Murray

"I feel the need to apologize, because I clearly pushed Roger too hard on Thursday".

EDIT: also, Murray is totally a GAF'er. Not only FIFA, but Mario Kart? next we'll find out he's an SSB pro.

I told you guys djokovic wasn't losing another match as a father this year
lol Murray

"I feel the need to apologize, because I clearly pushed Roger too hard on Thursday".

EDIT: also, Murray is totally a GAF'er. Not only FIFA, but Mario Kart? next we'll find out he's an SSB pro.
He bought the recent DLC I bet

John Dunbar

correct about everything
lol Murray

i hope not. would make me feel bad about the stuff i've posted about him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
so what happened in the locker room after the Wawa v Fed match?

Stan told Federer that Mirka kept talking quite loudly during all of Stan's serves, which was really off-putting. Federer apparently got quite tetchy as his back was already sore at that stage. They had a bit of a spat.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
what a shitty WTF
this is all Rafa's fault...fuckin appendix

It's not like Nadal is known for his WTF prowess, can't see how he'd have changed things much. He was playing poorly prior to the appendix issues anyway.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
nvm don't want to start rumors

It wasn't really a rumour. It came from so many sources it's good as confirmed, it's not like Wawrinka is going to release an actual press statement about how fucking irritating he find's Federer's wife, is he?

Diamond

Well friends can have arguments too. I don't think it can be a factor for the Davis Cup. Federer's injury can. Just read something about him not being able to sit (!), it doesn't sound good.

MIMIC

Banned
Hitting a 1HBH up the line and hearing your opponent mutter "Jesus" to himself is quite satisfying :)

EDIT: Might as well ramble about the rest of the match:

Today I got to flex my mental strength :) I was serving 40-15, made some incredibly dumb errors and subsequently got broken. And what's worse than being broken? Having your opponent hold. FUCK >_< lol

So it's 0-2, and I'm like, "Just stay focused. I got this shit". lol No matter how badly I'm losing, I still believe I can win. So I hold and it's 2-1. After I break my opponent, he has a COMPLETE AND UTTER MELTDOWN and I win 6 games in a row, from 0-2 to 6-2.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hearing rumblings he may be out a few months......

Yup. McEnroe just mentioned Federer thinks it is a re-occurrence of what was plaguing him through-out 2013, in which case it won't go away soon. If Federer's not capable of playing the Davis Cup, we'll probably know better about it as he'll need to release a more detailed statement.

EDIT: Also both McEnroe and Henman have suggested Murray should reconsider his appointment of Mauresmo... sharks circling.

Top Bottom