• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

There was a thread on MTF that asked if 20GS and 100 tournament wins was possible for Federer. I always laughed at it but now, i'm not so sure anymore.

Kensuke

Not gonna hope for #1 yet, but these wins fast track him to a better ranking and better draws. Not like bad draws have stopped him, lol.

Yeah that's why I don't really have fond memories from Masters finals after that.

Before though ? Take 2005-2006 Rome finals for example. Epic shit.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
C7UYOTPVoAA-2s0.jpg:large

This is pretty sweet.

It has been incredible seeing Federer play this well. For so long I thought I would be happy just to see him reach 18. Now that he is there and is playing so damn well I can't help but get my hopes up for more. 1 last Wimbledon would just a fitting cherry on top of a great career. Hope is a dangerous thing.

leng jai

It has been incredible seeing Federer play this well. For so long I thought I would be happy just to see him reach 18. Now that he is there and is playing so damn well I can't help but get my hopes up for more. 1 last Wimbledon would just a fitting cherry on top of a great career. Hope is a dangerous thing.

Fedtards are greedy AF.

C7UYOTPVoAA-2s0.jpg:large

This is pretty sweet.
yes but that twitter tag over his last victory ruins the entire picture.

It makes since for men and women to play the same # of sets since they play for the same amount of prize money. Equal pay for equal play

i'm not a fan of that argument. it should be equal pay for equal ticket sales and ratings. tv doesn't really like loooong matches that much.
personally i don't really care but overall the men get paid too little or the women too much at this current time (and for a while now) but it could change down the line. i'm much more interested in flattening out the payouts so the top 200 can survive comftably on their winnings even if that means that the top men get shafted even more. The winning price money is not that important to the top guys who make much more in endorsments.

clemenx

Banned
There was a thread on MTF that asked if 20GS and 100 tournament wins was possible for Federer. I always laughed at it but now, i'm not so sure anymore.

I'm reading that thread right now and the first pages are pretty funny in hindsight. Everyone was predicting 80 and not as a sure thing. Some dared to say 90 and as a longshot.

I admit being part of the more pessimistic side of Fed's fanbase in the last few years, and I never really read that thread because the title alone was pretty insane lol.

It's pretty insane that he's still adding and always has added to the count in actual premium events. I hope he never resorts to going to random ATP 250s lol.

Peru

It makes since for men and women to play the same # of sets since they play for the same amount of prize money. Equal pay for equal play

Tell that to the slam organizers. The women asked for five setters but they don't get the slots. Yet. I'll always repeat my suggestion though - three sets for all the first week, five sets 2nd week.

Tell that to the slam organizers. The women asked for five setters but they don't get the slots. Yet. I'll always repeat my suggestion though - three sets for all the first week, five sets 2nd week.

if anything they will reduce men to play 3 setters not the other way around.

It's pretty insane that he's still adding and always has added to the count in actual premium events. I hope he never resorts to going to random ATP 250s lol.

he's just going to play futures until he has 110. lol

(i don't know if they even count)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Potential QFs at Miami based on seeding:

Men:
Stan v Goffin
Fed v Thiem
Raonic v Nadal
Nishikori v Cilic

Women:
Kerber v Kuznetsova
Halep v Keys
Muguruza v Cibulkova
Radwanska v Pliskova

The half with Raonic, Nadal, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Cilic seems to be the tougher half for sure on the men's side. Could get Delpo v Fed in the 3rd round, more bad luck for Delpo.

Genie Bouchard exits the first round in Miami with a loss. Perhaps she should hang up the racket and focus on becoming a fitness model. Or if she works on her acting chops a bit, she could become Adam Sandlers love interest in his next tropical destination shitty comedy film. Something besides tennis....

if anything they will reduce men to play 3 setters not the other way around.

he's just going to play futures until he has 110. lol

(i don't know if they even count)

That would mean shorter matches, less advertising revenue, and far rarer epic matches. So I doubt that will happen.

The players union got them to reduce masters finals to best of 3, but thats about all they're going to get.

Bencic is essentially living proof that it's possible to be a born natural at sport while not remotely having the body for it. Such a shame.

Top Bottom