• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |CT| NeoGAF Guild of Believers and Big-Ass-Moe Hunting

Druz

I'm Reddaz on Dragonfall. Wish I had chosen a different name/race.. didn't think I was actually going to play this... oh well

Applied on my Slayer, using the name that I use whenever I'm feeling unoriginal. (Ashgar) I'll probably apply on a lancer at some point since I feel... off when I'm not tanking something.

Slacker

So what's the situation for PVP gaffers? We sticking it out on VoT? I couldn't get in to VoT all weekend (waited out the queue a few times only to get booted) so I rolled an alt on BC. I'll transfer back to VoT once it looks like I can actually get in there if that's where we're sticking around. :)

So what's the situation for PVP gaffers? We sticking it out on VoT? I couldn't get in to VoT all weekend (waited out the queue a few times only to get booted) so I rolled an alt on BC. I'll transfer back to VoT once it looks like I can actually get in there if that's where we're sticking around. :)

sticking with VoT until the very end!

I did look into starting a private NeoGAF channel on Valley of Titans but it seems that the channel dies whenever there is no one in it, which means you would have to manually create it every single time you log on.

I guess the best method for those connecting outside of the GAF guild is to use the in-game friend list.

Slacker

I'll stick it out on Baslisks Crag tonight - my archer is level 19 there at the moment. If I can start getting into VoT again reliably I'll transfer her over and jump back in with the guildies. My Mystic is still sitting there at 25.

scotcheggz

Oh, forgot this was coming out. I bought the mini-per order thing (5 euro one) so I could check the beta out, if I upgrade to the full version now, can I start playing tonight? Also, any reason not to buy the eu version? I heard some people were raging at frogster or something.

Eithne.Raine on Dragonfall!

I want to gank you so badly. For hours. HOURS.

I'm staying on VoT come hell or high water. Fuck you carebears. I've never had more fun fighting random people in any MMO ever, and I'm usually the biggest carebear there is when it comes to PvP MMOs.

Fellow Lancers,

I took these threat numbers from Eziel's Lancer guide; however, they may not apply to NA/EU without parsing evidence, so if anybody knows of a way to parse threat in NA/EU TERA please let us know. The general consensus is that your Glyphed Shout and Glyphed Shield Counter are going to be very economic (MP/Threat/CD/GCD & situational, et al).

Possible NSFW Elin Banner:
Eziel suggests this as a Level 26 glyph build going into instances. (Still inconclusive how the Powerlink Shield Counter Glyph affects TPS)

Aggro Numbers:
These numbers are not definitive for NA or EU, but this is what has been brought over from KTera. I can't vouch or say they are correct, I think more discussions need to be had. The question I have is, what is max Aggro?

Combo Attack (5% from glyph):
1st hit 3,000 (3,150)
2nd hit 4,000 (4,200)
3rd hit 5,000 (5,250)

Shield barrage:
12,000 (not sure if its total or per hit)

Spring Attack:

Challenging shout (20% from glyph):
105,000 (126,000)

Onslaught:
1,400 x13 (I assuming per hit since the value is too low)

Leash (30% from glyph):
20,000 26,000

Shield Counter (100% from Glyph):
30,000 60,000 (Two glyph shield counter >= one challenging shout)

Debilitate:

Master's Leash:

I'm not sure if targets have a threat reset although I do know that Temporary Attacks will have the target attack a random party member even though you have max aggro.

Eziel had more to say on rotation:

I will say this. SM is very difficult for most lancers from 26-29. Most of the time you're under geared and now that we're live it's much more difficult to have the "proper" gear without a lot of effort or gold. Since there are no level caps at 22, 27, 32 and 38 like CB. Where you could hit level in 1 day then just grind gear.

Also you need a good priest. Just as he needs a good lancer.

Crystal up: Brilliant Chromob (SP) = +20 Mana x 2-4(depending on slots). Helps relax your mana issues every 5 seconds.

One thing that you didn't mention is what skills you were using besides block. Level 26 I would suggest the following skills:
Shield bash = your friend followed by Shield Counter (125% with glyph).
Shout at beginning of engagements and ONLY in dire situations.
Second Wind can help alleviate the healers need to heal you.
Leash helps if you have one straggler going after your cloth classes.

When I entered SM my rotation looked something like this:
Shout -> Shield Bash -> Shield Barrage -> Shield Barrage -> Spring Attack -> Block -> Shield Counter

If they still live, block and you have to sneak a few combo attacks in. But you must be careful if you have more than 3 mobs on you. Almost impossible to do so without taking damage.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Eziel

I don't use this rotation since I'm more situational and I favor Onslaught (50% DMG reduction) chained from my Shield Bashes.

Eziel seems to think that there is a max threat cap or diminishing returns, thus, spamming Shout may be wasted when used at the aggro ceiling. With the upcoming Stamina Meter, we might see a slight change in Mana consumption on shield blocks but I'm not sure if it will make MP5 any less viable.

Ricker

Thaur,level 17 Baraka Sorcerer,I was already in the Dragonfall Guild with the OBT so when I logged in last night I was still a member...I will play this kinda casually,because I still play StarWars as well,although the dailies are starting to get to me,so Tera might become my main MMO hehe...anyway,see you in game.

Just got 20 and soloed my first BAM! It was just a basalisk but it still had a few tricks up it's sleeve. In game name is Banderk on Dragonfall I'll add it to the list. Looking forward to playing more with you guys.

Cheeto

I can't believe there are so many people on dragonfall... I thought this guild/forum was for strong adults, not weak-ass small children.

Liberty4all

Banned
Question guys,

Will I need to enter credit card info when first signing up, or can I enter that after my 30 days is done?

kiryogi

Banned
I can't believe there are so many people on dragonfall... I thought this guild/forum was for strong adults, not weak-ass small children.

:shrugs: Didn't want to deal with VoT queue during headstart, and now that things have calmed down, they won't even allow new chars for now. I might show up on VoT eventually but yeah :p

Sephon

Not many EUers applying to the guild on Essenia yet I suppose. I applied yesterday and saw that there were only 2 members.

I hope that it'll pick up soon enough (and that I'll get in too)

because waiting in a 2+ hours queue is sooooo being an adult...

Queues were non existent from about 6-7 PM EDT. Not sure if it picked up after that but things are definitely improving. I still expect the weekend to be bad as things really aren't going to stabilize for another week or so.

Queues were non existent from about 6-7 PM EDT. Not sure if it picked up after that but things are definitely improving. I still expect the weekend to be bad as things really aren't going to stabilize for another week or so.

it was fine last night on VoT. it was just because of the buddy codes people playing. last night it was like only a 30 minute queue. but we'll see on the weekend yeah.

NeOak

I honestly don't know what to do with this:

I'm being invited to political meetings with other guilds by their leaders and I do not know what to expect from them or for what reason, since i haven't seen anything about elections in-game. I don't want to involve people in stuff since aside from being the one who started the guild because i was early, I'm just another gaffer.

Liberty4all

Banned

I'm being invited to political meetings with other guilds by their leaders and I do not know what to expect from them or for what reason, since i haven't seen anything about elections in-game. I don't want to involve people in stuff since aside from being the one who started the guild because i was early, I'm just another gaffer.

Lead us to political glory! Also we need somebody to lynch if elections go badly :D

In seriousness though, volunteer to represent if interested in this stuff, if not ask for volunteers from the clan ...

Also

Question guys,

Will I need to enter credit card info when first signing up, or can I enter that after my 30 days is done?

NeOak

Lead us to political glory! Also we need somebody to lynch if elections go badly :D

In seriousness though, volunteer to represent if interested in this stuff, if not ask for volunteers from the clan ...

Also

Question guys,

lol

And no, the CC info can be added whenever you want.

Wallach

I'm actually pretty interested in that political system just because it sounds unique compared to what's involved in most MMOs. If I can help somehow let me know.

Dizzy-4U

Name: Pirotess
Server: Dragonfall

Loving the gaf guild. No matter the time I log in, there is always people around.

:shrugs: Didn't want to deal with VoT queue during headstart, and now that things have calmed down, they won't even allow new chars for now. I might show up on VoT eventually but yeah :p

I constantly was on Gchat telling you to make your character while you still could during open beta and head start. You have nobody to blame but yourself (or God).

vaelic

Banned
JOIN US ON MUMBLE

Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 72.5.195.123 and port = 64738

scotcheggz

Thanks for adding me to the guild (izobelle) think I was AFK, when I came back there was all this green text I didn't know what was going on lol. Glad I went with the NA client in the end, my pings are good too!

Hi all. I don't post very much on NeoGAF but just noticed last night that the GAF PVE guild was on Dragonfall where I rolled randomly by myself. I and my alt will be applying to the guild today, since few of my usual MMO friends seem to want to play this game. I see you accept non-GAFers so I might could swing a handful your way if there is room.

Characters:

Billie - lvl 21 Archer
Liles - lvl 11 Lancer

Top Bottom