• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

News, Information, and Beta thread is up:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461641

It's still a work in progress as I need to finish the race and class information and will be adding in gameplay elements as more information is released from En Masse. I also plan to find some much nicer screenshots from the NA release and some better images for the classes and races. If there are any corrections that need to be made or if you have any contributions, please PM me.

Also, I wasn't leaving out the EU release on purpose. I originally intended the thread to cover both releases but due to the difference in publishers it made the thread really convoluted and was taking forever to update so I just focused on the NA release for now...

Boken

Banned
Hit 58! The endgame instances are awesome so far.
There is an auction house as well.

Player shops are great because it's fast cash if you're busy running instances and just need to get rid of mats/gear/etc. and don't have the time to look through the AH and price your stuff accordingly. They can also be placed in any town, which means even if there isn't an auction house nearby there's almost always a player shop to buy potions and stuff at.

It's really convenient.

Woah, since when was this in community? The game hasn't launched yet in NA yet...
Sure it sounds good in theory... but player shops are a huge blight on the landscape when in towns. Ugh. Especially when they all look the same and have no relation to the character... At least in RO, your character didnt magically transform into a cat or something.

Izayoi

Banned
Sure it sounds good in theory... but player shops are a huge blight on the landscape when in towns. Ugh. Especially when they all look the same and have no relation to the character... At least in RO, your character didnt magically transform into a cat or something.
They're kind of like pets, really. You place them and can go about your business/offline/whatever. They've said they want to add more models in the future.

How's the class balance?
Surprisingly good. Every class can dominate if placed in the right hands.

GavinGT

Banned
Hey guys, right now you can sign up for a free 7-day IGN Prime trial and get a key to play the TERA beta between Feb 10-12.

Just sign up using Paypal, and don't forget to turn off auto-renew.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hey guys, right now you can sign up for a free 7-day IGN Prime trial and get a key to play the TERA beta between Feb 10-12.

This. Well half this. I pay $20 per year for IGN Prime and got the e-mail for this today, so have just signed up for the beta. Haven't really kept up with this game but look forward to trying it.

Rinoa

I'm scared it's gonna autocharge me now that it has my address tho...

Rinoa

Mok. Friend built me a whole new comp just cause for dis game.

431603_10151253852940714_564420713_23108764_1386939061_n.jpg

zugzug

Too funny watching someone stream this on Twitch.tv Euro servers and some fan or he secretly set it up i don't know but someone playing as the loli girl race with the name of "lolileer" or some name similiar followed him around for like 4-5 hours and right behind him like she was a companion pet.

Rinoa

Thx, and yeah you get access to all betas. I don't think I'll bother with the other betas until open though... get sad having all that work deleted :(

neoism

thanks too Lhexh got a key so what server is most of gaf on... I'm new to this game My brother inlaw is playing not sure of his name. Also HOLYSHIT at 23gb... lol :D So is the servers online tonight?

Top Bottom