• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Izayoi

Banned
35jelce.png

36yaykw.png

Seems slayer or berserker is the way to go for melee dps?
Melee DPS:

Slayer
Berserker

Ranged DPS:

Archer
Sorc

Melee Tank:

Lancer
Warrior

Support:

Priest
Mystic

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Imo warrior is the best tank if you:
1. Have a great amount of hand eye cordination.
2. Play with a consistent group that learn how a warrior isnt a tank and spank class and learn to move in sequence with you.

Izayoi

Banned
Hit 58! The endgame instances are awesome so far.

tera2012-01-2508-21-5xxla4.png

Urgh they are doing bazaar style shops, what is it with that, just make a decent marketplace already.
Ohhh so that's what it is. Yeah I'm not a big fan of these, I'd prefer an auction house.
There is an auction house as well.

Player shops are great because it's fast cash if you're busy running instances and just need to get rid of mats/gear/etc. and don't have the time to look through the AH and price your stuff accordingly. They can also be placed in any town, which means even if there isn't an auction house nearby there's almost always a player shop to buy potions and stuff at.

It's really convenient.

Woah, since when was this in community? The game hasn't launched yet in NA yet...

Woah, since when was this in community? The game hasn't launched yet in NA yet...

I think we need a fresh "News & Information" thread with only news and information regarding the upcoming NA release. I was thinking of starting one but was waiting for more beta details from En Masse.

Izayoi

Banned
37ogpqv.png

3809pgk.png

I think we need a fresh "News & Information" thread with only news and information regarding the upcoming NA release. I was thinking of starting one but was waiting for more beta details from En Masse.
I was kinda treating this as that thread, but I guess the mods saw it as some kind of OT. I guess whenever they announce the twitter winners we'll probably get some new info.

Muddimar

So I was told that NCSoft has filed a lawsuit against TERA Online? I guess they are saying the the developers that left NCSoft and their Lineage 3 project were reusing some of the design for TERA. Anyone else hear about this? Think it'll effect the beta and release dates?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I was told that NCSoft has filed a lawsuit against TERA Online? I guess they are saying the the developers that left NCSoft and their Lineage 3 project were reusing some of the design for TERA. Anyone else hear about this? Think it'll effect the beta and release dates?

This was ages ago.

I do believe NCSoft may be targeting their western release this time.

That is correct. NCSoft is seeking an injunction against En Masse Entertainment to prevent the release of Tera in North America.

NCSoft is claiming that former employees that created Bluehole Studios stole Lineage 3 assets and used them to create Tera. A seperate law suit was filed in Korean courts before the Korean launch which resulted in jail time and fines but did not prevent the launch of their product. From what I understand, the verdict was later overturned in an appeals court and is currently at the highest court authority in Korea for review.

NCSoft is likely using this pending status in Korea as leverage against En Masse. There was no mention of Frogster or the EU release. En Masse released a follow-up statement rejecting the claim and said that this will have no impact on their current schedule.

I'm not sure this will hold any water since they waited so long and the Korean and Japanese version already launched.

That is officially Lineage III, apparently.

Lineage Eternal is a lot closer to original Lineage in terms of appearance. Which I guess looked like Diablo because of the isometric overhead perspective. I guess they figured they didn't have a lot of time to get it out there, as L2 is getting close to a decade old at this point. LE does look a lot like Diablo III but with way better graphics. Blizzard has really dropped the ball on D3's graphics in their quest to make it work on 10-year old computers, LE looks like it will push even a high-end PC hard if you let it.

Izayoi

Banned
New zones, instances, raids, battlegrounds, level cap increase, and monster invasions coming late next month to K-TERA. Early in February they'll be completely overhauling the 1-40 leveling zones.

04.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Overhauling 1-40 zones? I wonder if that will make it into the NA/EU version at launch.
Most likely. The final client size for NA is 35GB, and right now in Korea the retail client size is 25GB.

That's a lot of missing GBs. I figure most patches through level 60 will almost certainly be in the client at launch.

Muddimar

So... they announced the "retweetstakes" winners. Anyone make the cut? I can't believe they only selected 25 people, really, that's it?

Muddimar

Will do. Haven't got a PM on Twitter yet though >.>

Now twitter isn't working properly for me, someone probably hacked my account when they saw I won.

Yay we have someone on the "inside". Let us know the details of your winnings. Hopefully they let you know when you'll be testing soon so you can pass the info on to us. I imagine the other "non-twitter" beta invites will be for the same testing phase/s.

Muddimar

Oh noes! They've announced via facebook that:

"True action combat is worth waiting for and the wait is almost over. Ready for our next reveal? So are we. TERA's beta test schedule is coming this week.

Stay tuned"

.... I'm so tired of this shit, cut the stupid build up bullshit and give us the schedule.

Izayoi

Banned

Muddimar

Just a heads up:

"Pre-order #TERA on the En Masse store and gain access to all beta tests (and score a bundle of goodies at launch)! -- http://tera.enmasse.com/preorder"

I went ahead and preordered the collectors edition. You get access to the betas and some extras that may help, including a mount of some sort.

Babalu.

Just a heads up:

"Pre-order #TERA on the En Masse store and gain access to all beta tests (and score a bundle of goodies at launch)! -- http://tera.enmasse.com/preorder"

I went ahead and preordered the collectors edition. You get access to the betas and some extras that may help, including a mount of some sort.

Awesome! I usually go with amazon for all my game purchases but will probably go for this. Hopefully a head start is part of the "extras" as well.

Wait where do you preorder? It says the collectors edition is at retailers like amazon. Does tat give you the goodies/access to beta tests?

Izayoi

Banned
Pre-ordered the collector's and signed up for a yearly sub.

Bad. Ass. That's what I plan on making, a Baraka Priest. You play K-Tera right Izayoi?
Indeed I do. Have a 58 Zerker, currently facerolling an Archer to cap.

I will be rolling a Baraka Priest and a Baraka Lancer come NA launch.

Awesome! I usually go with amazon for all my game purchases but will probably go for this. Hopefully a head start is part of the "extras" as well.

Wait where do you preorder? It says the collectors edition is at retailers like amazon. Does tat give you the goodies/access to beta tests?
I don't think the physical collector's gives you the early/beta access, but you do get all the rest of the items. Kind of disappointing, but oh well. Saves me $20!

Babalu.

beta test schedule:

• Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12
  • Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26
  • Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11
  • Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25
  • Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8
  • Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22
  • Head Start: April 28 – May 1

a lot sooner then expected. Can't wait!

And does anyone know if they've said what the monthly price will be? the inagural price is $15/month which is pretty steep. Isn't it usually $10-12?

Ken

beta test schedule:

• Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12
  • Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26
  • Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11
  • Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25
  • Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8
  • Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22
  • Head Start: April 28 – May 1

a lot sooner then expected. Can't wait!

And does anyone know if they've said what the monthly price will be? the inagural price is $15/month which is pretty steep. Isn't it usually $10-12?

February 10th? Guess I'll pre-order.

Izayoi

Banned
Looks like I was wrong. You do get beta access for pre-ordering at different retailers, apparently.

TERA @TERAonline
@Manic33 Pre-ordering from retail partners or En Masse store will grant full beta access and items. Mounts will be different per retailer.

Hmmm, if the mounts are different per retailer, maybe I should wait until they reveal which retailer gets which mount before preordering. Unless preordering directly from En Masse store gives you all the mounts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I am so tempted but my plate is full and I'm already having trouble managing the work I have to do.

Top Bottom