• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terence Rotolo is not returning as Frank West's voice actor for new remastered

Draugoth

Gold Member
Got some news about the Dead Rising Remake. The reason why TJ Rotolo is not returning as Frank West's voice is simply because Capcom DID NOT contact him. It's probably because TJ is union and Capcom have a bias against anyone Union oriented. It's a shame. But what can we do. So it's likely the new Frank West voice actor is his new OFFICIAL voice actor. Let's all just hope he is good!A massive thank you to @rxysinister on Instagram for asking TJ himself and getting this answer. I hope TJ isn't mad about me spreading this convo. I just feel people should know why TJ (Our boi) is not returning for the Remake. If any of you see people asking for TJ, please let them know! Just so there is NO MORE speculation.

Blindy

They did this for DR4 and it blew up in their faces so they again repeat the same mistake. Makes little sense, he will be signed on just for 1 game. That's it.

Why not just give the option of using the same VO from the first game? I'm sure you'd get to pay him less and options are never a bad thing.

iu

MacReady13

I couldn't really give a flying fuck to be honest. So long as the gameplay is retained then the voice acting is the least of my concerns.

Kuranghi

if its the same game, cant they use the same audio files from the original?

They've voice more of the dialogue in the remaster that was just text in the original, so they had to get voice actors back in to do more voice work. Judging by this it sounds like they redid it all, just not with Terence Rotolo as Frank this time.

fatmarco

Rotolo and Franks strange face ended up combining to create a unique character. As soon as you start changing the voice actor AND the face shape AND the way he expresses himself during cutscenes then it's legitimate to say its not the same character.

If the voice actor at least tried to match the emotion/tonal levels of Rotolo it might have been palatable, but from the little we've seen they're clearly making Frank more cartoony and "Hyper" than he's meant to be.

He's meant to somewhat reserved, tense but fairly calm in the face of a zombie apocalypse, and not be bizarrely excited like way we've seen in these early trailers, which comes across as more callous in the context of DR1's fairly self serious story.

Top Bottom