• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Today was my first time to jump into the fray and work on the community Google doc for the podcast. It was a hectic experience, but a lot of fun!

Is there always some joker who sets the whole thing to Comic Sans? :lol

Poyunch

I think the reason Tested replaced GiantBomb as my favorite Whiskey site was because everyone's so enthusiastic and energetic. Sometimes GB is too cynical and jaded and while their attitude is totally justified I enjoy the more positive energy the Tested crew has.

looking to get into some board gaming and need something that is good for 2 people. I remember the guys talking about Carcassonne and Ticket to ride, can anyone one remember any of the other games that they have recommended?
You should poke your head in the Boardgame thread on GAF. Tons of good recommendations and game impressions there. As far as some quick and dirty recomendations:
Lost Cities - Two Player card game. Simple to play and easy to teach. A bit mathy but not too bad.

Pillars of the Earth: Builders Duel - Two player game where you each play a builder racing to complete the cathedral. You have to manage your resources and convert raw goods into building materials. Heavier than Lost Cities but still simple enough to play.

Ticket to Ride: If you are going to get this pick up one of the versions with a smaller map. Nordic Countries or Switzerland are both 2 - 3 players maximum. Smaller boards lead to better competition for routes than the bigger boards do (US/Europe)

Pandemic/Forbidden Island: These are two co-op games done by the same designer so they both feel real similar. Forbidden Island can be seen as Pandemic: Family Edition, since they share the same basic mechanic but FI is a bit more forgiving and easier to play. I like Pandemic more but Forbidden Island is still a great game. They both can play more than two but still work great with two.

ReconYoda said:
Dominion and 7 Wonders.
I love 7 Wonders but it is a shit two player game.

panda21

I sure hope they are buying a galaxy nexus and doing some kind of quick look live, but i guess maybe you can't get it off contract in the US yet?

You should poke your head in the Boardgame thread on GAF. Tons of good recommendations and game impressions there. As far as some quick and dirty recomendations:
Lost Cities - Two Player card game. Simple to play and easy to teach. A bit mathy but not too bad.

Pillars of the Earth: Builders Duel - Two player game where you each play a builder racing to complete the cathedral. You have to manage your resources and convert raw goods into building materials. Heavier than Lost Cities but still simple enough to play.

Ticket to Ride: If you are going to get this pick up one of the versions with a smaller map. Nordic Countries or Switzerland are both 2 - 3 players maximum. Smaller boards lead to better competition for routes than the bigger boards do (US/Europe)

Pandemic/Forbidden Island: These are two co-op games done by the same designer so they both feel real similar. Forbidden Island can be seen as Pandemic: Family Edition, since they share the same basic mechanic but FI is a bit more forgiving and easier to play. I like Pandemic more but Forbidden Island is still a great game. They both can play more than two but still work great with two.

I love 7 Wonders but it is a shit two player game.

oh i had no idea there was a gaf board thread. I nearly picked up twilight struggle but I'm glad I didn't in the end, i think that would of been to much to start with (and its expensive). I might check out ticket to ride and lost cities, but ticket to ride was a bit too pricey. I got forbidden island, looking forward to trying it out!

Nice pic for the video archive this week! :)

57eXG.png

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Just posting to say the Twitter "time-out" feature is a brilliant idea and I hope Will, Norm, and Gary somehow prosper greatly from it.

panda21

the Gary netflix rant comparing it to a jailbroken UI was great. gave me an idea for a future podcast feature - Gary reviews the GAF 'show off your android customizations' thread.... there be monsters...

the Gary netflix rant comparing it to a jailbroken UI was great. gave me an idea for a future podcast feature - Gary reviews the GAF 'show off your android customizations' thread.... there be monsters...

Oh lawl that would be amazing. How come norm and will still haven been approved? Be hilarious for them to be Jrs. And get hazed in the new member thread.

some of them take a giant shit on the vanilla interface of the iOS. Its nice to have the ability to do what you want.

eznark

Banned
Tweetbot is so damn good.

I haven't listened yet, did they discuss the All Things D article on what will be hot in 2012?

some of them take a giant shit on the vanilla interface of the iOS. Its nice to have the ability to do what you want.
Didn't you hear? It's too complex, laggy, and terrible to even compete with iOS and WinPhone7.

How come my mom, sister, and girlfriend all use theirs just fine, then?

eznark

Banned
Didn't you hear? It's too complex, laggy, and terrible to even compete with iOS and WinPhone7.

How come my mom, sister, and girlfriend all use theirs just fine, then?

Because they are phone savages who have not yet been visited by Jobsian missionaries. Until you are forcibly exposed to the wonders of iOS via a black turtlenecked evangelist, you may as well live in a hut in the desert.

At least that's how their discussion of Kindle Fire struck me last week.

Tweetbot is featured in the "Essential iPhone Apps 2011" feature that we just shot and should be up soon. Knowing that it features time-outs definitely makes me consider it more!

Because they are phone savages who have not yet been visited by Jobsian missionaries. Until you are forcibly exposed to the wonders of iOS via a black turtlenecked evangelist, you may as well live in a hut in the desert.

At least that's how their discussion of Kindle Fire struck me last week.
I love the show, but the slogging of Android is kind of annoying. Also, the Playstation Network. Most criticism is usually unfounded and based in ignorance. They have a robust video store and tons of awesome games to download. Just because they lack bing voice search, it's suddenly terrible? I don't get it.

No Jars Allowed - Early Morning Live With Will [PREMIUM]

...coming up in 4 1/2 hours :)

I think I will be waiting for the archive this time, a bit early to watch live.

I hope he wears an awful Christmas jumper.

eznark

Banned
Man the Galaxy Nexus video (and buzz) makes me wish I had waited on the 4s. Maybe I'll just give that to my wife and get the GN.

Someone who's on want to ask will if you never had a kindle will you still prefer the side buttons over touch or if he's just used to it?

Never mind I paused the podcast right before they talked about it.

Why has Will time delayed the "No Jars Allowed" upload until Monday? He put the other one up in under an hour.

I could not watch live, and was going to watch tonight

:/

Chuck

Still without luck
Why has Will time delayed the "No Jars Allowed" upload until Monday? He put the other one up in under an hour.

I could not watch live, and was going to watch tonight

:/

Probably so WM has something to add to the "Exclusive Content" list for Monday. They do need something every day after all.

Chuck

Still without luck

Whiskey needs to have a new, exclusive piece of subscriber video content every (week)day. I was saying Will probably made that video to fill the Monday slot. Speaking of which, I should watch that before I go to sleep.

Azar

Will sounded surprisingly great via Skype! It was fun to be on the show even if it was kind of a rambly episode. Didn't get a chance to talk about what I'd been testing!

Top Bottom