• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teyon (Robocop, Terminator) Is working on a New Action RPG

Draugoth

Gold Member
EGS_RoboCopRogueCity-1456x819.jpg

RoboCop: Rogue City developer Teyon is already recruiting for a new project, and it looks like the studio is planning to switch genres. The developer is known for making shooter games (they also released Terminator: Resistance), but this time, they are making an action roleplaying game, as revealed in a job offer.

Teyon is an experienced development studio with numerous titles to his credit. We employ over 100 employees, and apart from Krakow, we are also located in Łódź, Warsaw and even Tokyo.
Teyon is looking for talented people who will support us with their skills, knowledge, and ideas in our upcoming project. This new action RPG game for PC and console will be developed by the team responsible for our previous titles, Terminator: Resistance and RoboCop: Rogue City.

This job ad also reveals that the unannounced action RPG project is being backed by a 'major publisher'. Both RoboCop: Rogue City and Terminator: Resistance were published by Nacon, which, however, cannot really be considered a big publisher. As such, Teyon (an independent studio) may have partnered with some other company for this one.

Source

HL3.exe

K, hoping for a Die Hard game from them.

Nakatomi Plaza could make for an impressive Prey 2017/Deus Ex Immersive Sim game-world to explore and sneak through.
  • Improvising with tools to solve problems like vents or locked doors.
  • Windows getting hit with bullets creating dynamic shattered glass obstacles, pulling glass out of your bare feet.
  • Needing to outsmart all the henchmen one by one to get to Gruber.
  • All the henchmen have Hitman like routes that you can learn but also surprise you. Etc.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
K, hoping for a Die Hard game from them. Nakatomi Plaza could make for a impressive Prey 2017/Deus Ex Immersive Sim game-world to explore and sneak through.
I don't think Die Hard really has selling power. People may think it's neat, but not $70 neat. They need to tap into stronger IP if they're doing another 80s game.

I don't think Die Hard really has selling power. People may think it's neat, but not $70 neat. They need to tap into stronger IP if they're doing another 80s game.

You might be right, especially after the last movie 👍

But I stand by the die hard trilogy, with light gun ❤️

Capture that magic again and like robocop, or even starship troopers, sorry helldivers you will draw people in and word of mouth is great for leveraging sales and expanding your audience. But that normally needs a great game, hook or combination of both

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Original IP or a Licensed one ?
This is the one dev where you hope for licensed. They have this great ability to capture the essence of these 80s properties and really put in the work to do so- like getting Peter Weller for Robocop.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Robocop was great in small portions, but very repetitive. The final porion was a slog. So I hope whatever it is, they will hire more game and quest designers.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Highlander
This sounds good, but I'm not sure if they should step totally away from their shooter roots. But I bet they would capture the atmosphere from the first movie perfectly and I bet Lambert wouldn't turn down a paycheck.

xrnzaaas

I've heard that Conan may be the movie IP they pick next. Would be interesting, because the online game doesn't interest me at all.

Whoever had Die Hard as an idea sounds like a great one, but unfortunately with Bruce Willis' cognitive decline they can't get him like they did Peter Weller for Robocop and that's very sad and unfortunate.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Got burnt by GAF overhyping Robocop, I just found it to be a miserable experience, worst 50 Eurodollars I spent in the last 3-4 years.

- Terrible, sims-like character models and animations.

- Absolutely boring and lacklustre shooting, no matter the number of on-screen gibs.

- only 3 types of enemies

- The game is basically a sandbox pseudo RPG and not a FPS, I expected balls to the walls action, what I got was slowly walking from stupid objective to stupid objective with some shooting bits in-between.

- Zero atmosphere (for some reason)

- Terrible soundtrack and the few times the OG theme kicks in is completely unearned.
Just a motherfucking slog of a game, don't fall for the nostalgia.

This should be played either via a sub service or, when it's 15 Eurodollars tops during a sale (not even 20).

Either way, I'm not gonna give them another dime

Braag

I wish them luck. I feel like making a good action RPG is gonna be way tougher than a corridor shooter.

RAIDEN1

K, hoping for a Die Hard game from them.

Nakatomi Plaza could make for an impressive Prey 2017/Deus Ex Immersive Sim game-world to explore and sneak through.
  • Improvising with tools to solve problems like vents or locked doors.
  • Windows getting hit with bullets creating dynamic shattered glass obstacles, pulling glass out of your bare feet.
  • Needing to outsmart all the henchmen one by one to get to Gruber.
  • All the henchmen have Hitman like routes that you can learn but also surprise you. Etc.
Dam right, because it is only in the videogame/motion comic medium that we'll get a revival of Die hard, Bruce Willis doesn't have the health to reprise the role of John Mcclane...and the likelihood that some sort of "reboot" will come can't be ruled out...(which in no-way will be as good as the originals..)

Top Bottom