• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thats IT!!! i've HAD it!!!

BeOnEdge

Banned
i cant take it any longer. i cant sit here KNOWING that theres an outrun 2 demo out there somewhere. I have a sub to OXM but the sumabish ain't here yet!!! MF!!!! i must go fourth and SEEK OUT the demo NOW!!!! *grabs keys and runs out door*

Teddman

No kidding, must be a SoCal thing with OXM subscriptions. Haven't got mine yet either and I WANT IT.

Every month I get my OXM late.

john tv

Wow. Intense! I'd better not tell you that I've got the reviewable OutRun2 playing on the Xbox behind me as I type this, then... :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if you find it or the new opm, let us know where. i stopped at like three places that sell magazines today, and had no luck.

oh: those three places were the newsstand at the sherman oaks galleria, the tower records at the sherman oaks galleria, and some newsstand on the corner of laurel canyon and ventura. so don't bother with those.

xsarien

daedsiluap
The game comes out in four weeks. Four bloody weeks. I'd understand if it weren't coming out at all but...jeebus.

Get a grip.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Calm the fuck down Be. Be a pro and wait steadly and patiently for the retail version...like yours truly. ;)

nitewulf

xsarien said:
The game comes out in four weeks. Four bloody weeks. I'd understand if it weren't coming out at all but...jeebus.

Get a grip.

aaaaah shudddup. i actually took a backpack to a party because on the way i got an OXM w/ the PDO demo. freaking weed and alcohol party too.
"dude wtf are you doing w/ a backpack?"
"ionno, pass the joint, dont bogart the weed."

IJoel

john tv said:
Wow. Intense! I'd better not tell you that I've got the reviewable OutRun2 playing on the Xbox behind me as I type this, then... :)

Does the full version of the game support the D-Pad? The demo version doesn't.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
It only supports the analog stick. But he did say that it works beautifully with steering wheels!

BeOnEdge

Banned
4 places, no demo. this is pure torture. seriously. huzzas gamertag beckons me as he joyously partakes in the demo while i sit waiting anxiously. it better come tomorrow. :(

Lil' Dice

Banned
It sucks anyway. It sucked at E3, and i'm sure the full game will bring on average about 5 hours of joy. I almost beat the game on my first try at the Sega booth.

BeOnEdge

Banned
those last 2 posts were uncalled for. outrun 2 has been touched by jesus himself. heathens!!!! jesus went to yu in his sleep and said "make outrun 2...and it will be good" so it was done.

isamu

BeOnEdge said:
those last 2 posts were uncalled for. outrun 2 has been touched by jesus himself. heathens!!!! jesus went to yu in his sleep and said "make outrun 2...and it will be good" so it was done.

Prech that shit reverand Be!!! *cues gospel music*

Begone all blasphomers! Go to the OutRun 2 chapel and you will be saved!

john tv

BeOnEdge said:
hey john, what the other hidden sega extra??? besides super gt and daytona 2?
Eh, it's no big deal. There's a classic game tucked away in there. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which... :)

shuri

Banned
Couldnt someone do this kind of ultimate outrun2 thread where all those other threads could be merged into it.

BeOnEdge

Banned
john tv said:
Eh, it's no big deal. There's a classic game tucked away in there. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which... :)

:lol you'd think its the standard now, its been in what, 5 games this gen already?

isamu

BeOnEdge said:
:lol you'd think its the standard now, its been in what, 5 games this gen already?

And to add insult to injury, I hear the conversion is absolutely shit! Even worse than the one in Shenmue.

Seth C

BeOnEdge said:
can i get a amen???

Amen, brother.

You realize the demo can be obtained via...grey methods, right? Oh wait, your box isn't modded yet, is it? Mwahaha.

(Note to mods: Please do not ban me. It is just a demo, and I don't have it anyway. I'm just trying to rub it in.)

john tv said:
Ah we all already knew they included the original Outrun..it's one of the first unlocks.

Warrior

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
4 places, no demo. this is pure torture. seriously. huzzas gamertag beckons me as he joyously partakes in the demo while i sit waiting anxiously. it better come tomorrow. :(

The game is damn fun man! :D Don't stop till you hunt down a copy.

Magical Sound Shower is my fav tune on the demo.

Sho Nuff said:
For those of you who have the game:

Don't drive. Watch the flag man...

Classic. :lol

Sysgen

I got the mag and the demo disc but the disc did not work. I was beside myself. WTF. So I moseyd over to the OXM forums on TXB and others had the same problem. BTW my Xbox is only ayear old. Long story short, I had to boil up some water, drop the disc in, take the pot off the flame and let the water cool. removed disc and dried, works like a charm. I have no idea WTF is wrong with the DVDs OXM uses becuase it sure is hell ain't my Xbox.

Sysgen said:
I got the mag and the demo disc but the disc did not work. I was beside myself. WTF. So I moseyd over to the OXM forums on TXB and others had the same problem. BTW my Xbox is only ayear old. Long story short, I had to boil up some water, drop the disc in, take the pot off the flame and let the water cool. removed disc and dried, works like a charm. I have no idea WTF is wrong with the DVDs OXM uses becuase it sure is hell ain't my Xbox.
ah.. i see that the classic ODCM trick is still in use with those piece of shit (media build quality) demo disks...

Seth C

Sysgen said:

I tell people this works all the time, but no one seems to listen.

BeOnEdge

Banned
WTF!!!!!! WTFWTFWTF!!!!!!!! why the hell is it not here yet!!!!! this blows so damn bad! its just not right! seriously. i bet some postman scumbag is playing my demo right now. :mad:

Pimpbaa

Played the demo. Has the same kinda feel as those lame arcade ports sega did for the dreamcast. Fun for only an hour.

BeOnEdge

Banned
my impressions of the DEMO? Meh!

i had much more fun playing at e3. the demo is too damn short and i'll admit it does seem slow after burnout 3. having only 3 sections hurts the demos leisurely pace. The graphics do own BO3 though atleast. solid AM2 arcade quality. sega should have skipped the branching paths for the demo in favor of 1 randomly generated full race comprised of different sections mirrored, reversed and so on, which IS part of the full game. LIVE demo is fun. 12 days and the real deal will be MINE!!!

Teddman

So the E3 demo was better... That's often the case vs. magazine disc demos. How did you like the LIVE mode though, Be?

BeOnEdge said:
i had much more fun playing at e3.
Here's some media to take you back down memory lane...

OutRun2 VIDEO: BeOnEdge vs. Seth C at E3 (3.6MB)
Check out what happens at the end, a real photo finish!

More details on that historic E3 race here.

beonedge_outrun2.jpg

Can you guess this man's Game of Show?

BeOnEdge

Banned
LIVE is awesome. i played most on LIVE. anyone who said they finished the single player demo on their first try is a damn liar. i STILL havent finished the demos single play. the sliding IS NOT easy. i mean its easy to do but its gonna be difficult to master. I have a feeling the 101 mission mode is gonna own hardcore. i'm dying for time attack mode as well. i wanna inch around the course and admire every detail. the game is stunning.

drohne

found the oxm at a tower records, still haven't found the opm.

i'm honestly not that impressed with outrun 2. and i say that as a huge fan of the original outrun. it just lacks outrun's intensity - that desperate feeling of hanging on to a powerslide through traffic, with mistakes harshly punished. the tracks are too wide, and your car takes curves too easily. the long sweeping vistas are gorgeous, and it's fun to play, but it doesn't feel like outrun to me.

and it does feel slow after burnout 3. it's a hugely better game than burnout 3 overall, though. at least you're actually rewarded for taking the turns rather than scraping along the walls like a spaz.

edit: i am really looking forward to the super gt and daytona 2 tracks, though. they're far more technical and unforgiving than anything i've seen from outrun 2.

isamu

BeOnEdge said:
LIVE is awesome. i played most on LIVE. anyone who said they finished the single player demo on their first try is a damn liar. i STILL havent finished the demos single play. the sliding IS NOT easy. i mean its easy to do but its gonna be difficult to master. I have a feeling the 101 mission mode is gonna own hardcore. i'm dying for time attack mode as well. i wanna inch around the course and admire every detail. the game is stunning.

All of this and you still say the game is "Meh!"...?? WTF? "Meh" in what way?

BeOnEdge

Banned
meh as in the demo is fucked. its a piss poor representation of the complete game. i guess it gives the feel of the classic arcade game but THAT IT. complaints of the demo feeling like a sega arcade game are correct. i got bored after a few runs. if live wasnt included it'd be a bust and it'd sell like crap.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
drohne said:
edit: i am really looking forward to the super gt and daytona 2 tracks, though. they're far more technical and unforgiving than anything i've seen from outrun 2.

To be fair, the forced checkpoint stretches in the demo of OR2 are in fact blatantly labelled as the easiest in the entire branching tree. Just sayin'...

BeOnEdge

Banned
exactly. its BORING until you get to the castle. i kick ass the 1st 2 sections then get PWN3D! :lol btw, i think this is BY FAR the cleanest looking sega game released at home. good god!

drohne

oh, i've played the full course a few times at e3. i'm not sure if i played the hardest routes, but i never had any trouble with the turns. i think the demo is pretty representative.

that said, i just played through the demo a few more times, and i'm enjoying it a bit more. bumping the difficulty up helps -- i don't think it changes anything besides the timer, but that's enough to reintroduce the "one mistake and you're fucked" paradigm from the original. and the simplified powerslides are kind of a kick...it's cool taking one continuous slide through an s-curve.

the game's detractors are selling it short in at least one respect: if you want low times, you need to employ both grip turns and drift turns. a lot of the time you should really just ease off the accelerator instead of throwing the car sideways. i'm still a few seconds short of clearing the course on very hard, but it's already apparent that there's some substance here.

i dunno. outrun 2 is to burnout 3 as tales of symphonia is to sudeki. neither is particularly brilliant, but only one is an uncomprehending imposture.

Top Bottom