• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Octavia bringing it back to the sharing solution. She's still the best.

I love how Roan's death was so lame.

Yup, got trolled by the rain.

And there's the question, Bellamy...uh say what?
Goddamn Clarke! Jeez!

Wait, so you knocked him out knowing that that would be leaving his sister outside?

What the hell are you doing? Jeez Clarke.

Jhoan

I found it kind of funny how Bellamy was taken out with a sleeper hold. Roan's death was indeed anti-climatic but at least Octavia channeled her inner Assassin's Creed with the stealth kill.

Clarke is trolling everyone with the heel turn for the umpteenth time. It might be time for her to go join Lexa since Octavia is going to go nuts. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are they really skipping this episode in the west coast for a giants vs dodgers game? Come on!

I found it kind of funny how Bellamy was taken out with a sleeper hold. Roan's death was indeed anti-climatic but at least Octavia channeled her inner Assassin's Creed with the stealth kill.

I think there was a rag in the person's hand that grabbed Bellamy, not just a sleeper hold to knock him out. :)

Yup, loved Octavia with that misdirection and great kill.

I get why she did it, but she could've had more faith in Octavia.

Yup, plus she should have seen this coming after the previous times she took this tact. Octavia even brought back the sharing solution.

Pretty great episode I thought with one hell of a twist at the end. Very Hunger Games: Catching Fire. First time I've enjoyed the show so much in a long time. Didn't want the episode to end. Echoed the show's best moments. And of course Clarke would just betray everyone anyway and say fuck you to the plan. lol. Only three episodes left!

Also who from NeoGAF-kru should we nominate to fight for space in the bunker? I nominate blamespace.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Episode is up on the app for those that missed it on their local station cause of the MLB game.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series, even though the action was kind of hard to follow due to the wonky editing.

Also, props to the writers for having the guts to kill off all those side characters. Wish Roan had silenced Echo, but alas.

I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series, even though the action was kind of hard to follow due to the wonky editing.

Also, props to the writers for having the guts to kill off all those side characters. Wish Roan had silenced Echo, but alas.

Same here. Thought it was the best one since the highs of late season 1 and most of season 2. Enjoyed it immensely. Also I agree, the writers have some balls killing off like, three major characters in a row. Great action packed episode with an awesome twist.

Hope the final three episodes keep up the quality.

I kinda like Echo.

Luna put sword to purpose in this episode, her immunity to the black rain and drowning Roan in it was pretty badass.

Clarke with that full heel turn. Whoever pulled Bellamy inside, had to know he wouldn't be cool with leaving his sister. Or Abby won't be happy leaving Kane.

Really curious as to how the season will end.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Clarke going full villain. That's an interesting twist. The episode ends with Octavia having a big heroic moment uniting everyone and then Clarke and Jaha screw it over.

Great episode. I'm surprised so many important characters died. Usually these type of setups are resolved by some copout. But nope...only one can survive.

Everyone acted a little more human in this one. I especially liked Gaia going over to Indra when their rep got eliminated, and Indra being so supportive of Octavia, even if she was fighting for another clan. Probably got more Lincoln mentions in this episode than the rest of the season combined.

AudioEppa

I just caught up from episode 4 to 10. Holy shit. The show is back to form.

I'm a fan of Octavia again. Clarke can fuck off n die after that shit.

Gala

This was the perfect ending for the show. I think I won't watch next week's episode. I will just believe in
Clarke killing everyone and going full villain.

Pretty great episode I thought with one hell of a twist at the end. Very Hunger Games: Catching Fire. First time I've enjoyed the show so much in a long time. Didn't want the episode to end. Echoed the show's best moments. And of course Clarke would just betray everyone anyway and say fuck you to the plan. lol. Only three episodes left!

Also who from NeoGAF-kru should we nominate to fight for space in the bunker? I nominate blamespace.
I volunteer

This was the perfect ending for the show. I think I won't watch next week's episode. I will just believe in
Clarke killing everyone and going full villain.

I find it stupendous that the writers somehow find a way for Clarke to just murder everyone every season. I really thought after "Wanheda" that'd be it, but oh no, now she's exterminating every clan, everyone outside of Skaikru and pretty much the entire planet. It's actually hilarious. She unintentionally kills everyone.

Anyway glad the season has ramped up, truly great episode and it makes me excited for the rest of the season now.

I volunteer

Indra would be proud, WhereAreMahDragonz, of NeoGAF-kru. Your fight has just begun.

I find it stupendous that the writers somehow find a way for Clarke to just murder everyone every season. I really thought after "Wanheda" that'd be it, but oh no, now she's exterminating every clan, everyone outside of Skaikru and pretty much the entire planet. It's actually hilarious. She unintentionally kills everyone.

Anyway glad the season has ramped up, truly great episode and it makes me excited for the rest of the season now.

Indra would be proud, WhereAreMahDragonz, of NeoGAF-kru. Your fight has just begun.

Can I be Commander and get some sick tattoos

Clarke needs to go. Send her to Lexa permanently. Blow up the bunker or something. Have Octavia and the rest survive through some contrived deus ex machina. I don't even care how far-fetched it is.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The promo for the next episode
really makes Clarke look like the villain, going up against Bellamy (and everyone outside by proxy). You know you're on the wrong side of things when your ally in the argument is Jaha.

I like this though. It's a fresh spin on things. I wonder what the dynamic would be like for the show next year. Timeskip? Bunker episodes?

Clarke needs to go. Send her to Lexa permanently. Blow up the bunker or something. Have Octavia and the rest survive through some contrived deus ex machina. I don't even care how far-fetched it is.

0e3.png

The promo for the next episode
really makes Clarke look like the villain, going up against Bellamy (and everyone outside by proxy). You know you're on the wrong side of things when your ally in the argument is Jaha.

Just checked it out on YouTube because of your post and damn, I think we're in for a tense episode:

Looks like the entire episode is set in the bunker and the conflict is about opening the door. I'm getting Panic Room vibes. Looks pretty awesome. And yeah Clarke has gone full-on villain. I think she's such an important character however I can't see them killing her off, like ever. He plot armour is practically titanium.

Everyone check out the promo if you're interested in doing so, next week looks great.

Starfield

Clarke did the right thing. Fuck those dirty radiated grounders. They're not human, all they do is fight and kill for no good. When the 100 first met them they tried to kill them.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

Nothing unintentional about it.

Nothing unintentional about it.

Well yeah I mean, Jaha outright states "it was her idea" so it was intentional, but what I meant is that in most scenarios she doesn't outright desire evil and intend to be a murderer, things just spiral out of control and she's left with no other choice, intentional or not so. Like the end of season 2, she was backed in to a corner kind of like now.

This episode could have ended the season IMO so I'm super curious to see what they do for the remainder of the season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I kinda like Echo.

I think (?) she might have been okay in previous seasons, but she's been too much of a jerk this year. Maybe Roan's death will snap her out of it though.

Luna put sword to purpose in this episode, her immunity to the black rain and drowning Roan in it was pretty badass.

Agreed. That was the best kill of the episode.

Elandyll

Banned
Clarke has been trying to save as many as possible for ever, and got screwed over repeatedly by everybody, from Trikru to Azgeda to her own people. Over and over.

I totally understand where she comes from, as the chance of Olivia winning seemed slim, and Rohan refusing an alliance vs Luna to her face on top of that (though, that was stupid in hindsight, because then he saw the light during​ the Conclave, but by then Clarke -had- to do something)... She did what she had to do.

As ruthless​ as it seems to be, bordering on vilany, it is very much in character and, some might say, justified.

Joni

I'm thinking Roan realized he made a mistake somewhere around the time Luna showed up. Could have avoided this entire mess by just backing Clarke. Almost everyone and every thing hates your clan, but the one person that likes you is going to become commander: time to backstab her.

I'm thinking Roan realized he made a mistake somewhere around the time Luna showed up. Could have avoided this entire mess by just backing Clarke. Almost everyone and every thing hates your clan, but the one person that likes you is going to become commander: time to backstab her.

Maybe Clarke shouldn't show a complete disregard for their culture. How about that? At least Octavia has the respect for the grounders that Clarke doesn't.

Also, can I just remind people of the deal that Lexa took to save her own people? Remember how you all hated her for it? Now Clarke does the heel turn and we've got "i would have done the same thing" and "she did the right thing".

But I guess this is "do no wrong" Clarke we're talking about here. Gotta make exceptions for her at every turn. To think she was going to place herself as ruler of the grounders. Octavia is the true queen of those people.

Joni

Maybe Clarke shouldn't show a complete disregard for their culture. How about that? At least Octavia has the respect for the grounders that Clarke doesn't.

That is a silly argument, she got her black blood through science like Becca. And she sure knew a lot more about the ascension than previous candidates we saw. Roan was the idiot for stopping her and that is how he is dead now.

That is a silly argument, she got her black blood through science like Becca. And she sure knew a lot more about the ascension than previous candidates we saw. Roan was the idiot for stopping her and that is how he is dead now.

How it started is irrelevant. A culture developed around the inheritence of it which saw the importance of the continuation of a direct line going back to the first of them all. That was important to them and Clarke didn't respect it.

In fact she thought so little of it that she thought it was just fine to cheat them and through doing so make a mockery of their beliefs.

Joni

But she knows exactly where it comes from and how she has a direct line.
She doesn't cheat them at all. She is willing to do the ceremony as is.
Roan simply broke her by again stopping her solution, for the third time this season she brokered a solution for all clans to survive. Without Indra and Roan they would all be in the bunker already.

But she knows exactly where it comes from and how she has a direct line.

I get it. You think their culture is a joke just like she does. It is understandable why you side with Clarke.

Octavia on the other hand was never really one of the Arkadia group and so went out of her way to assimilate with the grounders. As a result of her growth she's simply a better person than Clarke.

Joni

You should never show too much respect for religious nuts boycotting science. Especially if the science would save countless lives. The black blood literally is a vaccine against radiation poisoning.

You should never show too much respect for religious nuts boycotting science. Especially if the science would save countless lives. The black blood literally is a vaccine against radiation poisoning.

It's cool Joni. You'd just be one of the people to break your word, just like Clarke.

She didn't care about the sanctity of their nightblood ceremony and didn't care about honouring their traditions. But it's cool. They get to live. Just like Lexa's people got to live in Mount Weather when they broke their word.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Top Bottom