• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get how they're going to finish on time with Studio of the Year, GOTY, and a 3 minute MGR trailer with only 5 minutes left.

MW3 is going to win game of the year. And the brosome audience is going to go wild.

Every year I say is the last watching this awful wannabe awards, but I just don't learn.

stupei

What is with all this bullshit music in these trailers?

Um, it's period appropriate and being sung by the character whose lived her entire life in captivity with only a song bird of some kind to keep her company? Pretty fitting, I'd say.

Can't believe GAF is going to bitch about even THAT trailer. If that wasn't enough for you then stop watching the VGAs. Seriously. They have NEVER had a trailer better than the ones we're seeing tonight. Ever.

Angry Fork

I'm so fucking tired of CGI cinematic bullshit trailers.

SHOW SOME FUCKING GAMEPLAY LIKE BIOSHOCK DID. SHOW YOURSELF CONTROLLING THE CHARACTER.

Goddamn developers are a bunch of spineless cowards. Just fucking show something nobody gives a shit about your stupid generic CGI crap. It does absolutely nothing for anybody it's a complete waste of everyone's time.

First off, Felicia Day, Dem' legs.

Secondly, Terribad music in that Bioshock trailer.

Third, I loved the Diablo 3 trailer, but ... Man, really wanted some gameplay footage.

Raynes

vNgUf.png

SKYRIM BRO.

CANT WAIT FOR THE AWARD.

TOTALLY DESERVING.

Miyamoto is there. And winners are obviously notified in advance.

Maybe he is even way more courteous than we thought, but it seems unlikely he would show up if he had to sit there while another game beat "his" game out for GOTY.

Kinyou

ANOTHER YEAR ANOTHER SAMEY BIOSHOCK INFINITE TRAILER.

is anyone really excited by that? That should just be trailer no.5/6/7 etc on gametrailers or youtube.
The trailer at least showed that the game is still the same as the E3 footage. I was a bit scared that they'd change it up like they did with the original bioshock

Majine

Banned

SHOW SOME FUCKING GAMEPLAY LIKE BIOSHOCK DID. SHOW YOURSELF CONTROLLING THE CHARACTER.

Goddamn developers are a bunch of spineless cowards. Just fucking show something nobody gives a shit about your stupid generic CGI crap. It does absolutely nothing for anybody it's a complete waste of everyone's time.

Not enough cinematic, we need to be like movies so people get this art form!

jett

D-Member
Here in the UK, BAFTA represents gaming with actual serious awards, presented alongside TV and Film awards. That's a mature way to do it, that's how to not embaress the industry, sort it the fuck out America.

BAFTA GAME awards are a true class act. I guess the AIAS awards is as close as America gets to that.

Levyne

Banned
I am certain they are all garbage. Show some gameplay or gtfo.

Well yeah, gameplay is always preferable, but I don't mind getting an idea about what a game revealed is when revealed via cgi (Overstrike, Fortnite). But I don't want to see it again without gameplay.

-SD-

Banned

Words right out of my mouth. CGI trailers are so lame.

Top Bottom