• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Nishi knows he can beat him, that's good. Hope he pulls it off

Was there live. Chardy should have finished him in the 3rd but missed his chances and faltered in the tiebreak. Del Potro never really got going, match was always on Chardy's terms.
Nice you were there live! This was the first delpo match I saw, thought he would go at least QF again. Ah well

Tekniqs

please don't shoot me as I don't follow tennis nearly as close as most of you guys.

I remember hearing a few years ago that Roger was still using "old tech" rackets when compared to some of the other elite players. Something about new rackets being bigger (?) and lighter and new technology with the strings. Is there any truth to this?

Just read about Pete claiming in hindsight he should have switched to the newer (of his era) rackets as they could have helped him mount a bigger challenge at the French Open.

Smellycat

please don't shoot me as I don't follow tennis nearly as close as most of you guys.

I remember hearing a few years ago that Roger was still using "old tech" rackets when compared to some of the other elite players. Something about new rackets being bigger (?) and lighter and new technology with the strings. Is there any truth to this?

Just read about Pete claiming in hindsight he should have switched to the newer (of his era) rackets as they could have helped him mount a bigger challenge at the French Open.

Yeah, it is true. Federer uses modified older technology. His racket has a smaller surface area than newer ones.

MIMIC

Banned
Rs6TSAs.gif

This match between Radwanska and Ivanovic is pretty quality so far. Who would've thought?

Edit: Seems like Ana couldn't keep it up past the first couple games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom