• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing rally for the break!

That really was quite a rally. Stan up 2 breaks now. Hopefully he doesn't choke away the other sets. Winner plays Berdych which gives Stan a great chance at semis.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, Novak better wake-up. Wawrinka has always had a fantastic backhand. Looks like he totally forgot about that.

It's only been 21 mins too so far. Crazy fast set!

EDIT:
Well that is the closet challenge I've seen ever.

The Joker is out of them already!

Ash_69

Stan beasting on poor nole. Waiting for Novak to wake up and steamroll back into this match but so far, there is nothing he can do with wawrinka's ferrocious baseline hitting.

Edit- laser like forehand seals the first set for Stan.

3 for 3 on break points and a breadstick to win the set! Stanley FTW :D

I hope Djokovic doesn't wake up and has no idea what hit him in the end.

25 minute set. That's Federer status!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I'm predicting another Cincinnati for Djokovic: after a horrendous first set he recovers from the gluten poisoning and becomes competitive.

I woke up thinking, man, do I really want to get up this early just to watch Djokovic beast Wawrinka? Sigh, let's check the score on my phone first...... yep, Djokovic leading 5-1 as I- WHAT THE HELL

Wtf is up with Novak's legs/shoes?

I woke up thinking, man, do I really want to get up this early just to watch Djokovic beast Wawrinka? Sigh, let's check the score on my phone first...... yep, Djokovic leading 5-1 as I- WHAT THE HELL

That's pretty funny. Good thing you decided to get up though...this is some amazing tennis.

Ash_69

Did Stan just set the record for fastest serve? 138? Didn't Roddick have the record with something in the 130s?

I'm pretty sure the fastest is just over 150 although someone correct me if wrong.

Nole needs to hang in there and wait for stan's game to fall off as he surely can't keep this level up for 3 sets. Nole is not playing bad here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom