• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroJay

Banned
Murray's A game is better than Fed's A game, god it pains me to say that. This is a different Andy Murray, more aggressive, and a much better forehand.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
He needs to hold here for sure. Even if he doesn't get the break back, at least he'll be starting out the fourth

Edit: Don't be content with that though. BREAK BACK

FroJay

Banned
I'm trying to envision a scenario where Fed wins this without Murray choking and dropping his level of play.....not seeing it. He needs Murray to drop his level like he did in the second set tie break.

qindarka

Banned
This probably spells the end of Fed's title hopes. Can't play two five setters before meeting Djokovic.

Murray will probably finish this in 4. Glad Fed got a set at least.

Globox_82

Banned
Either andy is playing match of his life or Roger is done as a player. Looks like B player most of the match. Andy serves like I have never seen him before. He is my favorite now to win AO

szaromir

Banned
Murray's A game is better than Fed's A game, god it pains me to say that. This is a different Andy Murray, more aggressive, and a much better forehand.
That's the conclusion I arrived at at the Olympics. Granted Federer was exhausted after his SF, but Murray was extremely impressive in his SF match as well.

Smellycat

mlc_logo.jpg

I always thought that MLC was a burger or a deli chain, until I googled the name. It turns out that it is an investment branch. lol

NZer

You can't break down murrays forehand anymore. His serve is there all the time, rather than coming and going. There really aren't any holes in his play anymore.

That was hard to say, but it feels true.

FroJay

Banned
You can't break down murrays forehand anymore. His serve is there all the time, rather than coming and going. There really aren't any holes in his play anymore.

That was hard to say, but it feels true.

It is true, he is now on equal ground with Novak, although I feel Novak is still mentally stronger.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Amazing that that was only his second break point of the match. Really shows how well Murray has been serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom