• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Just tuned in and Federer broke. Looks like Murray is having his usual random meltdown. That was a terrible game there.
Federer is also known for his random chokes (see Shanghai 2012 SF). Even this set is not necessarily over yet. Though Murray doesn't have the same capability to bring the worst in Federer that Djoker does.

Federer is also known for his random chokes (see Shanghai 2012 SF). Even this set is not necessarily over yet. Though Murray doesn't have the same capability to bring the worst in Federer that Djoker does.

Federer just came up with his own brainfart indeed. That poorly hit drop shot and trying to wrong foot Murray on the next point whilst he was still way outside.

NZer

Do you reckon Federer has squandered the only chance he had to take this to a fifth? Seems so

Edit: ooh, a net cord. Maybe not?

What was that all about? I have no sound at work.

Line person was like OUT, then changed her call to IN, but nobody heard or saw, which would've made them replay point if they noticed. Then, Murray challenged and it in fact was in, so now he has no challenges left and they kept playing.

Even earlier in the game, Murray got an Ace but they called it a fault and if he challenged, he woulda won, but he won the game anyway.

mclem

What was that all about? I have no sound at work.

Federer hit a ball which was called out and then corrected. It was decreed that the call put Murray off and they should replay the point. Murray considered it and then challenged; the assumption being that if it turns out to actually be out he'd get the point.

It was in - just, very close. Because Murray challenged he lost the point, although there was some uncertainty about whether they should have replayed the point instead.

Edit: Looks like I'm not quite consistent with what was said earlier, so... who knows? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom