• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Federer hit a ball which was called out and then corrected. It was decreed that the call put Murray off and they should replay the point. Murray considered it and then challenged; the assumption being that if it turns out to actually be out he'd get the point.

It was in - just, very close. Because Murray challenged he lost the point, although there was some uncertainty about whether they should have replayed the point instead.

Edit: Looks like I'm not quite consistent with what was said earlier, so... who knows? :)
I think the call was late so he should have put the ball in court if he wanted to have the point replayed. He didn't, so the point went to Federer. That's how I would resolve the situation if I was the umpire, and the umpire did the same so I agree with him :p

krYlon

Federer's game really isnt strong enough anymore against the double handed super defence modern players. Its going to get even worse when nadal returns :-(

mclem

About to head down to the work canteen for lunch. It's serving haggis, neaps and tatties for Burns night. My audio accompaniment for that seems somewhat apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom