• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

Grats Novak, amazing year.

Definitely the best in the world in his prime, a pleasure to watch.

Nice of Fed to keep playing at 34, enjoy the intrigue that his continued playing provides.

If Novak can repeat this next year......and nabs a French....he'll wedge his way into the GOAT discussion.

LuuKyK

Congrats to both. Cool final.

Novak was just too good (as he has been all year).

Edit: That close up on Mirka's face. lol

oti

Banned
Tennis is indeed dead.

The better player won. Federer didn't deserve it. Still love you hun. Next year for sure.

And what about my girl Asderaki!

OH GOD STOP TAKING SELFIES YOU ANIMALS IT'S ALMOST 5 AM WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE

Ricker

Grats to Djokovic,considering the crowd clearly behind Federer,cheering at times when Djoko missed his first serve even,he should be especially proud of his effort.

Diamond

Great match. Again Djokovic manages to win despite a good Federer, who should have done more things on break points. Respect for both, they're great.

This is really the only thing I don't like about the US Open crowd. Maybe cause I've been a Djokovic fan forever, but the crowd is never with him and there's no reason for it. Doesn't matter who he's playing.

Crowd roots for the underdog. Djokovic is No. 1. That's just never going to happen.

Funny to think he was once a known choker, and now he's winning competitive Slam finals in a bear pit where fans are cheering every error and fault. What mental strength.

2 things I want from men's tennis next year.

Rafa returns to elite form, at least on clay, and we get a Rafa/Djoker French final
(with Djoker finally getting that elusive title).

Then US Open rigged gods..........give us the easiest pathway possible to a Rafa/Fed match (quarters or semis preferably, don't want anything to screw it up).

Other than that.....it'd be nice if some new blood stepped forward and nabbed a Slam.
Kyrgios would be the most entertaining choice, kind of player that could give tennis a boost in the social media/reality tv/twitter trending/faux feud/ culture we exist in.
Plus, his game is immensely fun to watch when he's dialed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom