• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Super Robot War OGs |OT| 2D meets HD meets giant robots! Now in Japanese!

Jubern

So, I'm thinking of importing this. What's the difference between the Asian and the Japanese version, except the price?

None. Even if there was DLC (and there's none, at least as far as we know), Namco Bandai games usually let you buy Japanese DLC for an Asian version and viceversa.

Souther

Banned
Can't wait. I've had my preorder in since last September. I'm currently playing Haki-hen right now. It's pretty damn good. I'm playing with the english patches that a fan is currently in the process of completing.

Anybody else play the games on PSP hooked up to their TV as well? I don't use the component cables that you can buy for the it instead I use a PSP to HDMI converter. Works great, and I am sure is better than the standard way. It outputs 720P and has a resize button on the cable. There is also a 1080P version as well and maybe I'll look into that since my tv is 1080P native.

If anyones interested you can find it here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PSP-to-HDMI-Upscale-to-720P-1080P-Converter-Adapter-For-GO-3000-2000-Traceable-/190670068761?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c64d25c19

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't I stop staring at those Gifs?

Now, just keep staring at the redhead in the right GIF, and pretend that you hear her orgasm every time she speaks.

And yes, she's not faking it, she really is having one.

There are reasons why Masoukishin fans have waited for these characters to be voiced in another SRW game again.

squall23

The GBA era sure had some extremely well done music for originals. Each of them also had at least one BGM that can be considered high up there considering all of OG:

A - So Close Yet So Far
R - Over the World Wall
D - Josh's theme and Rim's final attack theme (wonder if they'll actually get named this time)
J - Limit Over

There are reasons why Masoukishin fans have waited for these characters to be voiced in another SRW game again.

A lot if it will probably be re-used VO from the PSP games. Which is probably re-used from some earlier game, considering how these things tend to go.

Jubern

Well, Terada did say they led the recording sessions for all three Maso Kishin games together, last year (MK1 PSP, MK2, OG2nd).

Shouta

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻
Row row fight the power!

Mode Abuse piercing the heavens.

551683-bigthumbnail.jpg

Shouta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-RHzlpxnA

Fortegigas confirmed without being able to decombine into Ganador and Strega? If true, fine with me. It just means that I can have Fortegigas and an extra slot for somebody else.

Yeah, it seems like it's confirmed but as a secret. You can swap between the units though for Josh and Rim. It's based on the kills for Rim or Josh so. It's apparently pretty strong so, fun stuff to look out for. =O No Excellence frames other than Rescue because they weren't planning on them but they figured it'd be a pretty good dedicated support suit. I'm still listening to it so I'll adjust after I finish watching.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just managed to secure myself a poster for the game. :D

Man its been a while since Ive played a SRW game so am looking forward to this most def!

(´・ω`・)エッ?

Also does anyone know if anywhere other than amazon jp will have the dengeki guide book preorder bonus?

Ami Ami, Play Asia and NCSX should have it, but you probably had to preorder a long time ago to secure one.

Shouta

It looks like the separated units for the Fortegigas will show up in the game in some form even if you can only use the Fortegigas itself. Maybe it's an attack?

On the Fortegigas and Excellence, Terada initially thought it'd be ok just to straight up include them. However, through discussions with the rest of the staff (I assume) it came out to be like this. The other guy mentions that he was able to play with the Excellence Rescue and he's found that the unit is pretty well-balanced and you can use it up front if you'd prefer rather than simply a support unit. It also has 3 characters worth of Seishin banks.

Terada goes on to say that when they considered how many new characters were showing up in this game, the R protagonists kind of came up like this, as a result. He mentions that he doesn't have unilateral say in how the story goes as some would point out that they can just make up new story to bring back the Excellence frames. However, like the Shuu route, they had to make a decision. So rather than cut the R team out entirely, they decided to include the Rescue to fit them into the game in some fashion.

MechaX

Okay, I have no idea where to start in terms of getting caught up to speed for this. I only remember big parts of OG1 and never went through OG2 and Gaiden. I know there are a few OVAs out, but I have heard mixed things about them.

I do have OGs lying around here, but I didn't want to go through it until I finished SRW Z (which I also started to replay... but promptly started over because I didn't remember what in the world was going on and I cannot for the life of me remember why I picked the Zambot route instead of the SEED Destiny/Zeta/Gravion route). But if OGs is a quick burn (which I highly doubt), I would consider side-lining Z for a bit.

Looks great.

Wishful thinking, but hopefully we'll see an English release...I thought the English version of SWT OG Saga on DS was pretty fun (though it got kinda repetitive).

Shouta

Okay, I have no idea where to start in terms of getting caught up to speed for this. I only remember big parts of OG1 and never went through OG2 and Gaiden. I know there are a few OVAs out, but I have heard mixed things about them.

I do have OGs lying around here, but I didn't want to go through it until I finished SRW Z (which I also started to replay... but promptly started over because I didn't remember what in the world was going on and I cannot for the life of me remember why I picked the Zambot route instead of the SEED Destiny/Zeta/Gravion route). But if OGs is a quick burn (which I highly doubt), I would consider side-lining Z for a bit.

Watch The Inspector. It'll catch you up on the story for OG2 without playing it, plus boobs and crotch shots. It's really good and pretty too.

xero273

Watch The Inspector. It'll catch you up on the story for OG2 without playing it, plus boobs and crotch shots. It's really good and pretty too.

That reminds me.. I watched 1st episode... the ED was uh please no one come in my room now.

Or you can just play it anyway. I am going to play it anyway. Might be a bit difficult to finish OGs and OGg before 2nd comes out though.

Shouta

Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Original Generations (PS3) - 9/8/9/9

Scores from Famitsu. I'd translate the reviews but I haven't seen the actual review. Updated the op with it.

Shouta

I've translated the reviews from Famitsu. Info Courtesy of Jubern. The game will take about 60 hours for a play-through or 100 or so to do everything.

The battle scenes are of such high quality that just watching them gets me excited. Being able to smoothly jump into the game without worrying about loading times was also very nice. There were many new additions but figuring out what unit combinations to use with the Ability Slot System was very fun.

I was really drawn in by the Maximum Break and Team-up attacks because the battle scenes were incredibly beautiful and dynamic. However, I really wanted voice-acting in the story scenes. Trying to figure out how to best use a unit's strengths or shore up its weaknesses using the Twin Battle system was really interesting.

The impressive cut-in animation, which was both smooth and detailed, gave me goose-bumps. Thanks to practical tutorials and movies that cover the events of prior titles, the game is very easy for even beginners to jump into. Fulfilling the conditions for it is difficult but the scenes where all 4 units do an all-out attack during a Maximum Break is a sight to be seen.

The incredible animations when a battle initiated was very appealing. In particular the Team-Up attacks and Maximum breaks were flashy and exhilarating. The game being easy to play is great.. Creating pairs for the Twin Battle system during intermisions was simple which was a big plus. Being able to view the story from previous games through the Archive Mode was nice.

Talaysen

Pre-ordered it yesterday. Been waiting for this game for years!

Doubt I'll be able to finish LoE before it arrives though.

I've translated the reviews from Famitsu. Info Courtesy of Jubern. The game will take about 60 hours for a play-through or 100 or so to do everything.

That seems decently long. Not a bad thing, of course.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Listen. Atlus, XSEED, whoever. I will pay $200 in cold hard cash if you guys brought this out over here. Translate the menus and subs and keep the Japanese language/moves or have dual audio.

I'm dead serious. $200 for one game. Please? ;_;

Danj

Listen. Atlus, XSEED, whoever. I will pay $200 in cold hard cash if you guys brought this out over here. Translate the menus and subs and keep the Japanese language/moves or have dual audio.

I'm dead serious. $200 for one game. Please? ;_;

While this would be awesome I'm not holding my breath. I imagine the usual suspects will write menu guides and story guides and whatnot for this game eventually. Waiting will suck though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
She is. Check out PV4.

ヽ(゚∇゚(゚∇゚(゚∇゚o(゚∇゚)o゚∇゚)゚∇゚)゚∇゚)ノ

To cancel the local order and go with the amazon special book offer... decisions, decisions... D:

Top Bottom