• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Super Robot War OGs |OT| 2D meets HD meets giant robots! Now in Japanese!

Souther

Banned
I think a Vita SRW would move some systems. Not sure what the install base is in Japan but if they have atleast 100-200,000 user I think it would be worthwhile to make it.

hteng

Banned
Trophy list out!

I'm translating it right now, but since I really want to play the Yakuza 5 demo it'll take a few hours.

hahahaha have Kyosuke (Alt) attack an enemy with 0% accuracy, what the fuck?!

分の悪い賭け
キョウスケで命中率0%の敵だけに攻撃する。

Use the seishin "Love" 10 times in one stage or is it one round?

愛の戦士
1ステージで精神コマンド『愛』を10回以上使用する。

Get Alterion shot down on a space stage

流星、夜を切り裂いて
宇宙マップでアイビスが撃墜される。

Sophia

A trophy for clearing the game without retrying after a game over. Huh.

Looks like there's a lot of "Do so much damage to one enemy" type achievements and stuff for bronze and silver achievements. The Golds are the usual stuff (Clear the game three times in one save, clear all routes, clear EX HARD, etc)

Am I reading the one achievement that says do 10 million damage to a single enemy right? o_o

"一度の戦闘で、敵1機に10万以上のダメージを与える。"

hteng

Banned
A trophy for clearing the game without retrying after a game over. Huh.

Looks like there's a lot of "Do so much damage to one enemy" type achievements and stuff for bronze and silver achievements. The Golds are the usual stuff (Clear the game three times in one save, clear all routes, clear EX HARD, etc)

Am I reading the one achievement that says do 10 million damage to a single enemy right? o_o

"一度の戦闘で、敵1機に10万以上のダメージを与える。"

it;s all about the funny achievements/trophies.

10万 is 100k, not hard to do if you use proper supports and the new break limit attack

Sophia

it;s all about the funny achievements/trophies.

10万 is 100k, not hard to do if you use proper supports and the new break limit attack

Oh, I'm stupid. Adding zeroes mentally in my head after seeing the 万. Yeah that doesn't sound too hard.

Shouta

Yeah, these are hella amusing Trophies. Ibis got a gag trophy, lol.

The use "Love" Spirit Command 10 times in is gonna be a little annoying, IRM, I CHOOSE YOU!

Kai showing off his badass skills trophy by killing 4 enemies with a Combo Attack.

Masaki word puns with the Wallet-Flash Trophy! Buwaha.

hteng

Banned
He's a god-tier shield though. If they ever gave him custom mech, it has to be named Aegis something.

Sadly i used him as a subpilot along with Katina in the Grungust Type 3 in OGG. He's good though, i think he has one of the cheapest Iron wall spirit costs

edit:

goddamit someone has it already!

14AmD.jpg

zFRQW.jpg

Jubern

Screw it, I did it right away lol

I'm spoiling in case of, but I don't think there's any spoiler in this:

Platinium :
OG Master : Obtain all the trophies

Gold :
EX Hard mode clear
Special mode clear
Completionist : Finish the game three times, regardless of the mode
All SR points obtained

Silver
Scenario chart completed
Expert : finish the game without ever continuing after a game over
Game clear : finish the game once
Dogfight king : Get 200 kills for one character
Only one crasher : Inflict 100 000 damage to a enemy unit in one attack scene
Reaching the home plate by miracle : Start a player phase with a battleship that has 1% or less HP
It happens a lot : Get an enemy HPs down to a single digit
Barely safe ! : One of the player unit HPs gets down to a single digit
Elite squad full of heroines : Get 20 ace pilots among the female cast
The prestance of a captain : One of the ship captains gets ace pilot status

Bronze
Double Attack : Destroy 4 enemies with a single Double Attack
Combination Attack (Destroy 5 enemies with a single Combination Attack)
Cyflash!? (財布ラッシュ!? it’s a pun with the japanese word for wallet, « saifu ») : Use Cyflash in conjunction with Valor, Luck and Gain
A bet with terrible odds : Make Kyousuke attack an enemy unit with 0% chance to hit it
Young driver : Finish the Guidance Scenario
Shooting star, cutting through the night : Ibis gets shot down on a space map
Real battle : Finish the prologue stage
Ace pilot : Get ace pilot status (shot down 50 enemies) for one character
Top ace : Get 100 kills for one character
King of being destroyed : Get 5 units or more shot down in one stage
Full upgrade : Fully upgrade one unit, it doesn’t matter which
Mighty warrior : Destroy 15 enemy units or more with only one of your units in a single stage
Sniper King : Hit an enemy from 14 squares away
Big haul !? : Destroy 10 units or more with a single Map Attack
Skanda : Move 16 squares away in a single movement
The man who was a fortress : Russel uses Support Defense 4 times in a single turn
Deliquant ace : Michiru gets ace pilot status
Warrior of love : Use the spirit command « Love » 10 times in a single stage
Hot blood squad : Destroy 15 enemy units using the spirit command « Valor » in a single stage
As expected of the Agressors’s leader ! : Make Kai destroy 4 enemy units in a single Combination Attack
Supporter (Attack) : Make use of Support Attack 15 times in a single stage
Supporter (Defense) : Make use of Support Defense 15 times in a single stage
Time to rest : Watch a shutdown skit

fionel

I wonder if the saves are transferrable so maybe I can snag a copy with ex-hard already unlocked from the beginning.

Jubern

I kinda forgot, but doesn't it looks like it uses a different point value than OGs/OGG? Look at Guard being 150 points.

These 1HP trophies are going to be motherfuckers. I've had it happen to me countless times in the past but it's really a matter of luck. I guess they'll come naturally over the 3 playthroughs.

Jubern

These 1HP trophies are going to be motherfuckers. I've had it happen to me countless times in the past but it's really a matter of luck. I guess they'll come naturally over the 3 playthroughs.

It's actually one digit, not one HP. It's a lot more doable, even if luck will still matter a lot... Unless you like vulcans! A lot.

It's actually one digit, not one HP. It's a lot more doable, even if luck will still matter a lot... Unless you like vulcans! A lot.
Oh, right, that's way easier then. Thanks.

I realize I'm already obsessing about how to do these trophies. The home plate one reeks of tekagen + ally hitting MAP attacks. 10 uses of Love seems very specific and will probably require continuous attack.
I guess 16 squares will require parts, dash and a seishin.

I must admit I'm still laughing at the name "wallet rush".

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Makes me wonder if something special does happen if you try to fulfill the trophy involving Kyosuke. Probably nothing special happens, but still...

I'm surprised there isnt a "finish the game without losing any units" trophy. I mean, that's doable. Can be annoying, but its doable.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
( ´A`) ugh ACE R, I just had that last chase trophy left before platinum but it wasn't worth it

Also lol poor Ibis

Jubern

Same :(

But knowing myself I'll probably spoil myself all the way... I usually play a SRW only once and try to do as much as possible in that run. Since there's no guide or anything, I'll basically need to spoil myself...

Choices!

blackflag

Yeah it would be nice. Thankfully we have people that go ahead and pretty much translate the entire story. There is a guy that did this for Saisei and Hakai-Hen. I'm actually using his saisei-hen right now. His writing is pretty good and funny at times so it's pretty enjoyable to read. And you have Akurasu.net/wiki which is really helpful too.

Once you have played one of the games the layout of everything is pretty much the same so its easy to navigate around and know what does what(Spending PP points on abilities, parts list, etc)

Cool , I'll probably order it then, as long as there is a strong community that translates everything.

Decided to do some reading up on Ariel/Duvan and RRR.

I'm wondering if she'll get a completed Flickerei Geist as a mid-game upgrade or something.

The next few days are going to be painful. :/

Shouta

It's likely she'll get a compelted Flickerei. I don't see why they'd postpone it until another game. I don't think RRR has that much story or needed it.

I'm trying to finish my final paper before this comes so I'm in a mad rush, lol.

Souther

Banned
I think my new fav song is from AT: Votoms which shows up in SRWZ 2 when Chirico gets his final attack.

Too bad he and it won't be in this game.

Tetsu no Lullaby

I also wish Baran Dobans theme would be in too...Awesome hot blooded music :(

Jubern

So apparently there's a
"Huckebein destroyed" event.
... No details yet, but it wouldn't be surprising if it meant
Huckies
are forever gone from SRW, as people suspected it would happen upon seeing how it was ridiculously removed from OGIN.

I'm crying.

Shouta

So apparently there's a
"Huckebein destroyed" event.
... No details yet, but it wouldn't be surprising if it meant
Huckies
are forever gone from SRW, as people suspected it would happen upon seeing how it was ridiculously removed from OGIN.

I'm crying.

Everything is just gonna be under a different name.

That wasn't the community thread, that was the Z2-2 thread, lol.

Haha, I knew I was missing something. I have so many threads on my sub list that I don't even read half the name before I open one.

I think my new fav song is from AT: Votoms which shows up in SRWZ 2 when Chirico gets his final attack.

Tetsu no Lullaby

Appropriately badass.

We might see Doban since there's more A3 stuff going on this time. Unless it was said otherwise in an interview or something.

hteng

Banned

Tetsu no Lullaby

yes my favourite theme song out of Saisei hen, its fucking manly, sadly you don't get it until pretty late into the game argg

amiami shipped my copy, camping by the letterbox now

for fucks sake play-asia what are you doing??!!!

Top Bottom