• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Super Robot War OGs |OT| 2D meets HD meets giant robots! Now in Japanese!

Jubern

ヽ(゚∇゚(゚∇゚(゚∇゚o(゚∇゚)o゚∇゚)゚∇゚)゚∇゚)ノ

To cancel the local order and go with the amazon special book offer... decisions, decisions... D:

Why would you do that? The book is a preorder bonus everywhere, not just amazon.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Why would you do that? The book is a preorder bonus everywhere, not just amazon.

Not exactly... no mention of the book when I had did the pre-order, but will see! I figured wont mess with changing it now, since will be able to pick it up a day early at the local place anyways.

Shouta

4 more days for us. I can't believe it's almost here!

I put the trailers on my Vita and holy crap do they look amazing on that OLED screen. /it'sbeautifulcat

4 more days for us. I can't believe it's almost here!

I put the trailers on my Vita and holy crap do they look amazing on that OLED screen. /it'sbeautifulcat
A collection of OGs and OGG would make me buy a Vita. Hell, any OG really.
Speaking of which, I'd like for these to show up in PS2 archives.

Shouta

A collection of OGs and OGG would make me buy a Vita. Hell, any OG really.
Speaking of which, I'd like for these to show up in PS2 archives.

I would so be on that even though I've played OGs and OGG several times already.

On another note, I should be getting my capture card today. If I get it working, I'll probably do some videos and maybe even stream SRW.

One day I will learn Japanese, and play this game with joy and glory.

One day...

You can play it just fine without. Use online guides for getting the basic commands/ squad/spirit command system and intermission/skill point translations.

Naturally you'll be missing out on a lot of story since there's a ton in these games.

But there are story translation guides which will probably be available some time after the game is out.

squall23

Sounds good to me.

I would like to stream as well but we get gouged on pricing and options in Canada.
I'm not quite sure what happened but Shaw's been really good to me. I know for a fact that I've gone over 200 gigs many times and they've never contacted me about it and I don't have the unlimited plan. Maybe it's because of customer loyalty?

Jubern

I suppose this is now appropriate:

DZ4XF.jpg

Shouta

Has the trophy list leaked yet? I haven't seen it anywhere online.

Really curious if they made them crazy difficult to get...

I highly doubt the Trophies will be too tough. A gold for EX-Hard is almost assured and I bet the Plat will be getting all the trophies, lol.

I highly doubt the Trophies will be too tough. A gold for EX-Hard is almost assured and I bet the Plat will be getting all the trophies, lol.
I'd really like completion stuff at least: all skill points, full scenario flow chart, full robot and character encyclopedias. And secrets. Mostly to track stuff.

(gonna check my PA preorder)

I'm not quite sure what happened but Shaw's been really good to me. I know for a fact that I've gone over 200 gigs many times and they've never contacted me about it and I don't have the unlimited plan. Maybe it's because of customer loyalty?

Depends on where you live. Some people have switched over to companies like Teksavvy, many are not so lucky though to have that option available.

They're preparing my order at Play-Asia! IT'S COMING!

Mine says Preparing as well. If I get this on the 29th or before the weekend hits I will cry.

Shouta

I hope so otherwise it'd be stupid to charge several days before sending it out, if you ask me. I did paypal though so they already got my money.

There's an authorization for the total price on my card. I guess they'll take it when they ship it out.

Pretty sure I chose the FEDEX shipping.

Have you guys ever gotten anything before release with play-asia?

Zengar

Amiami shipped my Project X Zone order one day before release date. Hopefully, they'll do the same with this game.

hteng

Banned
hell yea, subscribed.

Play-asia changed status to preparing order

which routes are you guys taking first? I'm going with Masaki!

Souther

Banned
I just started playing OGG and the weekend is already over! Do you really think I can finish 25 stages in 2 or 3 days? I have to work too, damn it.

Heh I just finished up Hakai-Hen and started in Saisei-hen. I think It's gonna have to go on the backburner for awhile once I receive this game. Although I'm gonna miss busting shit up with Chirico in his Scopedog.

hteng

Banned
I just started playing OGG and the weekend is already over! Do you really think I can finish 25 stages in 2 or 3 days? I have to work too, damn it.

I must admit, it took me more than 6 months to finish Saisei hen, i just stopped playing at around stage 40ish. I got burnt out fast and i got lazy trying to manage all the units. Anyhow, i managed to finished the first playthrough 2 days ago, typically the last few stages takes hours to finish (if you count from preparing your units at the intermission). I'm dreading if I should start a second playthrough.

blackflag

This game looks amazing. I really wish they'd get translated. I know hiragana and katakana but I don't know nearly enough Kanji. Looks great though.

Souther

Banned
This game looks amazing. I really wish they'd get translated. I know hiragana and katakana but I don't know nearly enough Kanji. Looks great though.

Yeah it would be nice. Thankfully we have people that go ahead and pretty much translate the entire story. There is a guy that did this for Saisei and Hakai-Hen. I'm actually using his saisei-hen right now. His writing is pretty good and funny at times so it's pretty enjoyable to read. And you have Akurasu.net/wiki which is really helpful too.

Once you have played one of the games the layout of everything is pretty much the same so its easy to navigate around and know what does what(Spending PP points on abilities, parts list, etc)

Angelcurio

I really wish that either Atlus or Xseed someday decide to localize those titles, even if it is the text only and with Japanese voices. I wonder if even Victor with Gaijin Works would at least try to put one of those games on PSN.

I always expected to see Namco x Capcom localized on PS2 and that never happened.

Absol

When I saw this post I knew this is what I have to do first when I get my Vita today. And holy shit! You aren't kidding! It looks soooo beautiful! I say god damn!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's absolutely amazing. I seriously can't wait for a Vita SRW now.
I wonder how committed they'll actually be to making a quality, high definition title with Japan's vita user base install numbers though ( ´_ゝ`)

Shouta

I wonder how committed they'll actually be to making a quality, high definition title with Japan's vita user base install numbers though ( ´_ゝ`)

Some day! Some Day!

It may never come.... (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Top Bottom