• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Super Robot War OGs |OT| 2D meets HD meets giant robots! Now in Japanese!

However, after the initial stages you'll start getting objectives like getting a boss under certain % of HP for it to retreat, the hard part is when you need to setup your supports and twins to kill them (instead of wounding them) in one move, this way you can get more experience and maybe extra optional parts by killing them.

Even in the initial stages there are enemies that will retreat when their HP falls under a certain level. The only thing different is that it would be difficult to do 25k damage in a single hit without Valor. But then again I haven't seen a maximum break, in action, yet either.

But so far I am heaving a lot of fun with the game, got to stage 10 over the weekend. And I thought I was burnt out on SRW games after finishing OGG before jumping right into this one.

Absol

Don't think I've seen that glitch before. Is it all the time or in specific instances?

Hmm not really sure. But it might have something to do with my system. When I restarted my system it seems to have gone away. Before restarting it happens all the time whenever I try to fast forward a twin attack or about 50/50 when just watching one normal

Only got through stage 22 over the weekend. Would have gotten farther if not for NEC happening. Having a lot of fun though. But yeah some of the luck based are annoying. Hopefully there won't be too much of that stuff in the later stages. Still haven't upgraded any units or bought any pilot skills, still waiting to get the rest of the team before I decide which units to upgrade.

Ahhhh retreating enemies really is the worst mechanic. It promotes the most horrible way of playing the game, at least on the first playthrough.

Acosta

Just arrived...

I would be happy if it hasn´t arrived

a)fucking monday

b)costing me 43 fucking euros of taxes

43 FUCKING EUROS OF TAXES, and I had already paid 25 of shipment.

Last time I use UPS for anything, If I have to wait one month to arrive it by mail, so be it.

Man, I'm pissed, the total was 130 euros, and now is 173. What a fucking scam.

Jubern

I just set up a twin critical Tatsumaki Zankanto & Nendo Bakusaiken + support Twin Bird Strike on a armor down'd boss and it was beautiful.

It definitely looks like I'll need Valor or something really soon though, it's not like this was easy to set up and the error margin was paper thin: I managed to bring his HP down as close to the limit as I could and despite that and the seemingly overpowered setup I only managed to do 1k of overkill damage.
I admitedlly fucked up by not managing to bring the R-Gun Powered next to the SRW in time, but still, damn son.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
( ´Д`) Looks like mine's stuck in customs, maybe because the package value is higher this time since I have ToX2 in the same shipment

Shouta

Just arrived...

a)fucking monday

Last time I use UPS for anything, If I have to wait one month to arrive it by mail, so be it.

Egads. Damn Eruope. =(

Just arrived...

a)fucking monday

Whoa.

I only paid $84.90 for my copy. Granted it's not here yet and probably won't be until next weekend at the earliest. But still, DAMN.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Even in the initial stages there are enemies that will retreat when their HP falls under a certain level. The only thing different is that it would be difficult to do 25k damage in a single hit without Valor. But then again I haven't seen a maximum break, in action, yet either.

But so far I am heaving a lot of fun with the game, got to stage 10 over the weekend. And I thought I was burnt out on SRW games after finishing OGG before jumping right into this one.

I basically got burned out on SRW after OGG came out, and yet I'm getting 2nd (should arrive today). I don't know what it was about OGG, but I found it dreadfully boring. I've played any number of SRW games (OGs, W, MX, Alpha, SRW 3 and 4 on SuperFami, etc etc) and OGG was the one that just killed SRW for me.

Anyway, I'm strangely pumped for 2nd.

and OGG was the one that just killed SRW for me.

Anyway, I'm strangely pumped for 2nd.

2nd Alpha is what did it for me. Put me off these games for at least few months. The beginning was just so dreadfully dull that I could never get past it.

And yes OGG gets somewhat tedious towards the end and I felt worn out after finishing it. But I jumped in to 2nd OGs the same day and I am enjoying my self a lot.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone in the US wants to recoup their costs a little I'll buy the preorder book for $15 lol

Assuming the high likelyhood that I don't get one with my amiami order

Just arrived...

a)fucking monday

I feel you, man. That's why after much hesitation I chose shitty airmail, not because of the cost of shipping but because of the probability of taxes. You get them pretty much everytime you use FedEx/UPS here. And very often with EMS.

Acosta

Thanks guys, really appreciated. I have read that the taxes thing is a bit of a lottery, but I have bought several things from Amazon USA for example (including a ps3) and it´s the first time they charge this stuff when I import something. It´s funny because just today also arrived a God of War saga I also bought from PA (using Airmail) and it didn't have any problem.

But hey, forget it, when I imported my day 1 Japanese PS3 (now defunct :( ), the top 1 game of my most wanted list was HD Super Robot Wars and, now is here! 6 years waiting for it, I won't let anything ruin the moment.

izh3I.jpg

Given I have spent more than I anticipated, I will enjoy it even more!

Super Robot Wars, HELL YEAH!

Shouta

Team-up attacks in this game are so sexy. Totally awesome looking. It makes all of the previous versions look like some half-assed animator did them, lol. Hurray for HD power.

Souther

Banned
If anyone in the US wants to recoup their costs a little I'll buy the preorder book for $15 lol

Assuming the high likelyhood that I don't get one with my amiami order

I wouldn't be surprised if any international orders regardless of preorder is getting this book from AmiAmi. They probably just give it to domestic orders.

I preordered back in June 2011 and when I asked them about it like 5 days ago they said they didn't know anything about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if any international orders regardless of preorder is getting this book from AmiAmi. They probably just give it to domestic orders.

I preordered back in June 2011 and when I asked them about it like 5 days ago they said they didn't know anything about it.

Huh, I'm guessing I won't get the Ryu ga Gotoku 5 preorder bonus, then. I went with Ami Ami on that one.

Bebpo

Banned
Mine should come today. Been reading the OGG story faq and only up to map 9 lol. Going to take me a week just to read it all. But will start playing 2nd OGs anyhow and just fill in the gap as I go.

Ahhhh retreating enemies really is the worst mechanic. It promotes the most horrible way of playing the game, at least on the first playthrough.

I noticed that Retreating enemy skill points were far more prevalent in OGs and OGG compared to the Z series (especially Z2). Seems like someone on the OG team really likes those types of skill points :(

Mine should come today. Been reading the OGG story faq and only up to map 9 lol. Going to take me a week just to read it all. But will start playing 2nd OGs anyhow and just fill in the gap as I go.
Should probably read the Masou Kishin part I plot instead. I don't think any of the OGG events are significant, except the ending, for the first route.

I noticed that Retreating enemy skill points were far more prevalent in OGs and OGG compared to the Z series (especially Z2). Seems like someone on the OG team really likes those types of skill points :(

They got more creative with them in Z2, and in 2nd OGs as well. But the OGs skill points were manageable for the most part.

What prompted my complaint was the mechanic in general. One specific enemy would retreat off the map, but there was no SR point or win/lose condition associated with it.

Shouta

Several points in OGG are somewhat important but if you know the storylines from other games, you should be fine. It's mostly MX, Touma, and a few related characters that get a bit of time. It's all mentioned within to the game to an extent though so you don't need to play it to follow what's going on. It's a bit nicer in retrospect when you're able to see things that foreshadowed this game though.

Venting is over, it finally showed up!

Now, which route should I choose...

EDIT: Does anyone know how to do the quick load/reset? Can't remember the button combo for it.

Yep. It's in the system menu (same menu as the End Phase button) near the bottom.

I know about that. I meant more like a button combo like the quick reset/load.

I thought there was a shortcut to saving without the menu.

I must be thinking of a different game, I remember quick reset/load is in most SRW's, but I couldn't remember anything about a quick save(non-menu save).

kiun

lol anyone else gets mind fucked when the PS3 OS switches X and O when loading/saving your game on a NA PS3 ?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
lol anyone else gets mind fucked when the PS3 OS switches X and O when loading/saving your game on a NA PS3 ?

I get more mindfucked by the NA use of X as confirm, as I have a JP PS3, and it automatically switches X and O in a lot of games as a result.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, kind of disappointed since PlayAsia seems to have them. I didn't know they sent out those holiday coupons so early in november or or I would've just gone with them since it would be the same price but faster shipping and with bonus ┐('~`;)┌

Also, I'm reading some convo spoilers between シエンヌ and Seolla...

(`゚A゚´)

thetrin

Yeah, I got the book with my preorder from Play Asia. Didn't even expect to. That was a nice little surprise.

My copy of E.X. Troopers still hasn't arrived from Play Asia. Hopefully my copy of 2nd SRWOG gets here before Christmas. Hehe.

FUCK.

I've played enough Japanese games on the PS3 that I don't even notice the O replacing the X for confirm. It's just second nature at this point.

thetrin

My copy of E.X. Troopers still hasn't arrived from Play Asia. Hopefully my copy of 2nd SRWOG gets here before Christmas. Hehe.

FUCK.

Let me know when you get EX Troopers. I'm playing SRW OG 2nd right now, but I'm happy to return to EXT to play some multiplayer whenever.

Ken

This game. So good.

Wish I was more familiar with the units though. That kung-fu guy in the red Arc Beetle with the side kick tiger thing is pretty cool though.

Coxy

Finally got my copy from amiami, it did come with the book, yay. Some of that art though...

also a shower of useless card chronicle mobage inserts fell out of my box

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finally out of customs, hopefully it gets here tomorrow since it's just a state away. The hype is killing me

Top Bottom