• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Super Robot War OGs |OT| 2D meets HD meets giant robots! Now in Japanese!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got my shipping notice at 3:24 am Seattle time. Rock on. Should be here hopefully by the end of next week.

I was going to say. You ordered your copy 3 months before me. If I got my copy first, that would be crazy.

Shouta

So listening to the new Super-Log that just got put up, the MK units get their Super Attacks in this game. Sweeeet. It's technically a secret but Terada revealed the conditions. For Masaki route, have 100 kills or more combined for Masaki, Mio, Precia, and Tytti by the end of Stage 17. For Lune's route, Lune, Yang Long, and Zash (sp?) have a combined total of 75 kills by Stage 17.

Also, Midorikawa needs to stop doing Kuro and Shiro.

So listening to the new Super-Log that just got put up, the MK units get their Super Attacks in this game. Sweeeet. It's technically a secret but Terada revealed the conditions. For Masaki route, have 100 kills or more combined for Masaki, Mio, Precia, and Tytti by the end of Stage 17

Ryuune route doesn't count for this?

So listening to the new Super-Log that just got put up, the MK units get their Super Attacks in this game. Sweeeet. It's technically a secret but Terada revealed the conditions. For Masaki route, have 100 kills or more combined for Masaki, Mio, Precia, and Tytti by the end of Stage 17. For Lune's route, Lune, Yang Long, and Zash (sp?) have a combined total of 75 kills by Stage 17.

Good news. I intended to play mostly with these guys. I'm still undecided about which route I'll go first though.
A dumb thought tons of people have probably already had but it would be funny if on your third playthrough a Shuu route was unlocked, per EX tradition. (I'm spoiler free so this isn't an oblique spoiler)

I could have had it today but I got hit with a clearance delay. It went from Yuen Long to Mississauga to Yuen Long again, now it's in Lantau Island where ever that is.

Shouta

I could have had it today but I got hit with a clearance delay. It went from Yuen Long to Mississauga to Yuen Long again, now it's in Lantau Island where ever that is.

Ouch... At least you can enjoy the videos coming out. My copy is on the truck and on its way here. I've got my stream ready for it too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I would have made vids for you guys using my aver media live gamer setup, but I dont have it all hooked up for PS3 recording.

Kinda dont want to go in the back and fuck with all the cables again at the moment. And if Shouta is gonna do it figured its better to leave it to the pro. :D

Shouta

It has arrived!

IMG_0280.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've started streaming.

What gear do you use for streaming console games? Been meaning to start doing that, but I've been hearing mixed reviews on different types of streamers. I'm kinda confined to PC and emulator games on my channel.

Shouta

What gear do you use for streaming console games? Been meaning to start doing that, but I've been hearing mixed reviews on different types of streamers. I'm kinda confined to PC and emulator games on my channel.

PS3 uses HDCP so you can't use HDMI normally. You need either a component or this card with older drivers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SQE1O0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The older drivers allow you to bypass the HDCP so it shows up on your PC. That's how I'm streaming and how I'm capturing. It works up to 720p or 1080i.

I'm using this HDMI splitter to cap and play on my TV at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4O7NS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ouch... At least you can enjoy the videos coming out. My copy is on the truck and on its way here. I've got my stream ready for it too.

I don't want to watch any more. I've already spoiled myself enough on a bunch of things. :(

I did take a look at your stream and the quality is pretty good.

Now to crawl into the corner in the fetal position.

Shouta

I'm surprised how optimized this game is. Everything just moves smoothly in the game. From animation to cutscene is like seamless. The 2D work is pretty amazing as well. They reused some animation in spots with a few additions but gave everyone new things as well which is badass.

They also added a bit of pizzazz to the talk sequences. It's pretty noticeable during the first Ibis/Tsugumi scene where it pans up to the sky. Very badass so far.

Absol

Got mine. Looks like I also got the bonus book. Decided to go for Ryuune's route first.

Hope it's possible to change the main pilot of the Rescue to Fiona.

Shouta

We got black bars for spoilers so you should be fine. I'll boot folks that are posting them without it!

Anyway, I'm streaming again for folks that want to watch.

Shouta

I can now see why the "get an enemy into single digits" trophy is named that way. It does happen, lol. I got one down to 1 HP but my support attack killed which sucked. I got it proper later though, that's one trophy down!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I can now see why the "get an enemy into single digits" trophy is named that way. It does happen, lol. I got one down to 1 HP but my support attack killed which sucked. I got it proper later though, that's one trophy down!

lol nice!

Talaysen

I told you there would be more chances!

Ken

What's the very first options the game gives you before the first fight? There was three choices and I just chose the top one. Is it difficulty?

Sinople

What's the very first options the game gives you before the first fight? There was three choices and I just chose the top one. Is it difficulty?

First one is to start the game, the second is to play a tutorial stage and the third is to watch the previous games story summary.

Shouta

You gain cash at a pretty decent clip in this. I've almost entirely upgraded Cybuster and I'm at about stage 13 or so. I want to get the Attacks for the MK cast so I've focused on him and the other folks getting kills. I'm almost there though.

Rio apparently got a new theme in this as far as I can tell which is kinda cool and lol referencing the Huckebeins =x.

Bebpo

Banned
Ugh, I don't think I've ever had a priority mail package from NCSX take more than 3 days. Usually if it ships by Thursday I get it Saturday. Was already to get my SUPA ROBO on this weekend but I just checked the shipping status and apparently it just left the sorting facility outside NCSX's store where it's been for 3 days this morning :(

I didn't take into account the effects of the hurricane and holidays on USPS mail. Guess I won't be checking this out until mid-next week.

Ken

Only got to mission 2 but the soundtrack seems pretty cool; reminds me of Virtual On stuff like the theme for the little blue jet fighter thing.

You gain cash at a pretty decent clip in this. I've almost entirely upgraded Cybuster and I'm at about stage 13 or so. I want to get the Attacks for the MK cast so I've focused on him and the other folks getting kills. I'm almost there though.

Going from OGG straight to this is almost jarring. Feels more similar to Z2 in terms of balance, skills and abilities.

Edit: The game throwing me to the PS3 menu to save and the X and O buttons getting switched up is going to drive me insane.

Shouta

To be fair, how would you even master 5.1 audio to 2d battles from left to right?

If you paid for the extra shipping, you should get a refund on it. =x

I've had some problems with USPS recently shipping my imports and some of my regular games. It took two weeks a piece for my Tales of Xillia 2 and Persona 4 Arena to come. I wasn't going to wait that long for SRW so I splurged for the two day shipping from Fedex on P-A. It came only 15 minutes later than the time they stated it would which is amazing for a US courier. I'm usually lucky if I get it within a day of the expected delivery date.

Absol

looks like its different ways to sort and display your save files

Ah, thank you.

Anyone get this glitch? Or is it just my game/system/tv or something? Basically, when I do a twin attack the screen goes black for a split second and the two screens gets overlayed on top of each other when they should be seperate. It returns back to normal after about five seconds or so.

Shouta

Ah, thank you.

Anyone get this glitch? Or is it just my game/system/tv or something? Basically, when I do a twin attack the screen goes black for a split second and the two screens gets overlayed on top of each other when they should be seperate. It returns back to normal after about five seconds or so.

Don't think I've seen that glitch before. Is it all the time or in specific instances?

Anyway, I just finished the SRW EX story section in La Gias. That was pretty swift and succinct. It definitely made sense to get that section cleared up as it would be a mess to try and integrate anywhere else in OGs 2. MK Sprites were really amazing and such a pleasant surprise. I'm hoping the hidden attacks are really sweet looking as I think I reached the kill limit Terada mentioned.

I also did stage 18 and started 19 before I went to bed. Stage 18's Skill Point was a bitch because the AI was f'ing suicidal. A bit of luck and proper positioning paid off in the end but there were a few times it looked like they were gonna get blown up.

hteng

Banned
man i played the game non stop for the whole weekend, currently at stage 39, the early stages are particularly difficult if played on hard, but the SRs aren't hard to get.

However, after the initial stages you'll start getting objectives like getting a boss under certain % of HP for it to retreat, the hard part is when you need to setup your supports and twins to kill them (instead of wounding them) in one move, this way you can get more experience and maybe extra optional parts by killing them.

This is not hard once you get Daizengar & Aussenseitter or SRX & R-GUN, but before that it takes considerable amount of effort to do 25k damage without them.

Now my boss killing setup is something like this

Initiate Team:
DaiZengar & Irm/Roa/Hugo/anyone with the twin spirit command that guarantees critical hit

Support Team:
R-Gun (Mai) & Seolla/Excellen, make sure your supporters have purchase the skill that removes support damage penalty (makes support damage 100%).

You'll wonder why i don't include SRX into the teams that's because SRX's tenjou tenja muteki ken has a armor debuff effect, which is excellent for dealing with bosses that has guard & potential activated.

There are times that you won't be able to debuff the boss, if thats the case then include SRX into your support team or initiate, Ryusei's twin spirit command also lets you guarantee a critical hit.

the key winning factor here is the critical hit command, i found it make a world of difference for dealing enough damage.

also, i still haven't seen hotblood or soul yet lol.

Shouta

39 already hteng? Damn, blazing in there, lol. I just got to 27 or so myself. Been having the animations on a lot while streaming, not so much when playing off-stream, lol.

Story is starting to get interesting. Now I understand why the episode title for the game is like it is in the opening movie. Pretty interesting way of connecting several of the storylines as well.

Top Bottom