• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards 2015 |OT| Fancy Meltdown Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll win. Trust me

Eminem has never lost a rap album of the year match. His album is trash obviously but the Grammys are all about legacy awards. Only thing that makes me think Iggy could beat him is the rape lyrics from Eminem about her.

At the end of the day who cares what a bunch of old white people who don't give a shit about hip hop have to say. Same applies to metal and all the other "niche" genres they don't care about. Fuck em.

lil

I would be pretty messed up if HAIM loses to Iggy. Now that would be more upsetting than anything else she could possibly win. HAIM is leagues, miles, fucking universes better than Iggy.

Anyone but Iggy needs to win Best New Artist...except Bastille. They just plain suck

Yep yep yep yep yep. HAIM is the best, I'll be pissed if anyone else wins.

X needs to win best pop vocal

Not Iggy needs to win best rap album

That's pretty much all I care about!! ;)

bangerz and the new classic will win get ur angry posts ready :'(

Kinda hope Madonna and Gags share some words and the camera catches it. Same with Bey and Rih.

I have a feeling Sia's gonna have the most talked about performance tomorrow tho

Vire

I just don't fucking understand the Grammy's. The selection of artists is the most arbitrary shit I have ever seen. Why aren't Freddie Gibbs and Run the Jewels up for best rap album? Or D'Angelo and FKA Twigs for R&B?

Fuck this stupid award show.

I just don't fucking understand the Grammy's. The selection of artists is the most arbitrary shit I have ever seen. Why aren't Freddie Gibbs and Run the Jewels up for best rap album? Or D'Angelo and FKA Twigs for R&B?

It is indeed a stupid award show, but has everyone you mentioned released their songs/albums between the beginning of September 2013 - end of August 2014?

Floridian

D'Angelo's album released way past the deadline for 2014. He could show up in the 2015 slot. As for FKA Twigs, yeah I don't know why she was snubbed.

Vire

Dénouement;151070252 said:
It is indeed a stupid award show, but has everyone you mentioned released their songs/albums between the beginning of September 2013 - end of August 2014?

Another reason why this shit is stupid. All the artists I mentioned released an album in the year of 2014. But no, let's have arbitrary cut off points that make no sense at all.

Macklemore beating out Kendrick Lamar last year in every rap category was the final straw for this shitshow. It's not a celebration of music, it's a slap in the face to fans who actually care about it.

Another reason why this shit is stupid. All the artists I mentioned released an album in the year of 2014. But no, let's have arbitrary cut off points that make no sense at all.

Macklemore beating out Kendrick Lamar last year in every rap category was the final straw for this shitshow. It's not a celebration of music, it's a slap in the face to fans who actually care about it.

The reason for the early cut off date is that the Grammys have so many categories compared to other awards that they need way more lead time to organize and sort nominations (think about how much music is released in a year compared to film or even television) and plan for a ceremony that takes place in February every year.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kinda hope Madonna and Gags share some words and the camera catches it. Same with Bey and Rih.

I have a feeling Sia's gonna have the most talked about performance tomorrow tho

not if shes going to just wheel out that little girl again like shes been doing for the past year
its getting tired now

Peru

Any opportunity to thrash Arcade Fire is a good one. They're the quintessential Grammy band in the way Crash is the perfect Oscar film. Adele too dull to thrash.

God can you imagine if Madge, Rih, and Katy are sitting together? The s h a d y looks to everyone. The s a r c a s m. The f i n g e r i n g.

ryseing

Honestly I don't even know the name. What would be a song of theirs that I'd have heard on the radio, like top 40?

They're not really top 40. Their main single from Days are Gone was Falling, which is excellent.

Also, PopGAF, is Sam Smith any good? I've somehow managed to avoid hearing a single song by him.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
They're not really top 40. Their main single from Days are Gone was Falling, which is excellent.

Also, PopGAF, is Sam Smith any good? I've somehow managed to avoid hearing a single song by him.

I like him, god album and singles and he's fantastic live too
Not much love for him in popgaf though

royalan

Great talent. Absolutely dreadful album. Talk about some good sleep listening to that mess.

My Predictions

Album of the Year: Beyonce

Record of the Year: Stay With Me - Sam Smith

Song of the Year: Stay With Me - Sam Smith

Best New Artist: Sam Smith

Pop Solo Performance: Stay With Me - Sam Smith

Pop Duo/Group Performance: Say Something - A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera

Pop Vocal Album: In the Lonely Hour - Sam Smith

Dance Recording: Rather Be - Clean Bandit

Dance/Electronic Album: Syro - Aphex Twin

Rock Performance: Blue Moon - Beck

Rock Song: Blue Moon - Beck

Rock Album: Morning Phase - Beck

Alternative Music Album: Lazaretto - Jack White

R&B Performance: Drunk in Love - Beyonce & Jay-Z

R&B Song: Drunk in Love

Urban Contemporary Album: Beyonce

R&B Album: Love, Marriage & Divorce - Babyface & Toni Braxton

Rap Performance: Rap God - Eminem

Rap Song: I - Kendrick Lamar

Rap/Sung Collaboration: The Monster - Eminem & Rihanna

Rap Album: The Marshall Mathers LP 2

Country Song: Automatic - Miranda Lambert

Country Solo Performance: Automatic - Miranda Lambert

Country Duo/Group Performance: Somethin' Bad - Miranda Lambert & Carrie Underwood

Country Album: The Outsiders - Eric Church

Comedy Album: Mandatory Fun - Weird Al Yankovic

Music Video: Chandelier - Sia

DominoKid

RsA6MIF.gif

Jigolo

I just heard of Sam Smith and his music for the first time a few days ago. Dude has a great voice, I'm looking forward to his performance.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Song of the Year is a songwriter's award. It rewards the songwriter for a song released (or that "first achieved prominence") during the past eligibility year (Oct. 1, 2000, through Sept. 30, 2001). Record of the Year rewards a song's performance and production.

Ah, I always wondered about that. Glad I looked it up.

In for the new Kanye track.

I'd bet money that Iggy doesn't win RAOTY.

In fact, I think Marshall has a much better chance of winning the "White Person Screws over Black Artist with Much Superior Rap CD" award.

injurai

Banned
Best Rap Album:
The New Classic – Iggy Azalea
Because the Internet – Childish Gambino
Nobody's Smiling – Common
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – Eminem
Oxymoron – ScHoolboy Q
Blacc Hollywood – Wiz Khalifa

Best Rap Performance:
"3005" – Childish Gambino
"i" – Kendrick Lamar
"0 to 100 / The Catch Up" – Drake
"Rap God" – Eminem
"All I Need Is You" – Lecrae
whaa.gif

Floridian

Why are people saying this? I must have missed something entertaining.

Nothing special. Iggy isn't known for making quality rap music for a lot of people, and those people don't want her to get rewarded for the kind of music she puts out.

amnesiac

I think the only thing I like nominated is Beck's Morning Phase... Should win Album of the Year but obviously won't.

Dénouement;151073744 said:
God can you imagine if Madge, Rih, and Katy are sitting together? The s h a d y looks to everyone. The s a r c a s m. The f i n g e r i n g.

WaitttTTT I was only half kidding, but apparently Rihanna and Katy are sitting right next to each other with only Prince in between them, with Madonna next to Paul McCartney who'll probably be near Rihanna.

Why are people saying this? I must have missed something entertaining.

People, here, on tumblr, etc. are up in arms about the mere thought of Iggy winning and are seriously desperate for her to lose everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom