• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards 2015 |OT| Fancy Meltdown Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Jay and Bey look tired, like the weight of maintaining their meager relevance is taking a toll on their very souls. I pray for them. :(

Rihanna looks regal as usual.

Kim K...please let your most recent surgery be the last. You're starting to look like Joan Rivers with hips.

Dead Man

I wish they would call it 'Recording of the Year' instead, that way I wouldn't have to look up what the difference between that and album are. Although that may be a useful mnemonic to use to remember them... Cool.

Floridian

Some Pre-Grammy Gala Pics

B9S4QUACcAAMzC2.jpg

B9SrEGoCMAAQzXD.jpg

B9SuGCzIUAA3H-X.jpg

B9Ss1fCCYAAcqZD.jpg

B9S4oVECMAA4M7o.jpg

Janelle is ridiculously stunning. Lawd!

Iggy will win and I'll blast RTJ2 the next morning in the shower and pretend it never happened.

I'd bet money that Iggy doesn't win RAOTY.

In fact, I think Marshall has a much better chance of winning the "White Person Screws over Black Artist with Much Superior Rap CD" award.
Better Em than Iggy.

I'll watch for the performances. ELO is amazing, didn't expect them to be there so I'm super excited.

effzee

People getting worked over the Grammys or any award show is just so weird to me. And it's the same story every year. No your favorite artist isn't winning.

Best thing about these award shows are the performances. I mainly watch for those. And in reality those are the lasting images from a show. Not who won.

Name one award show that has gotten it "right" in all categories. You cant. Music is too varied and subjective. And last I checked no music award show really awards the artists who the internet thinks deserves it over the mainstream artists.

Either the Grammys matter or they don't. People get so upset but then turn around and dismiss the whole show as worthless. They obviously seem to matter to the artists. And I think of all the music award shows the artists themselves care the most about the Grammys.

Jay and Bey look tired, like the weight of maintaining their meager relevance is taking a toll on their very souls. I pray for them. :(

Rihanna looks regal as usual.

Kim K...please let your most recent surgery be the last. You're starting to look like Joan Rivers with hips.

You sound pressed. The weight of maintaining this daily dose of hating Bey and Jay is clearly getting weak sis. Caring is taking a huge toll on you as it's the only thing you focus on. Maybe it's time ....

Intervention-With-The-How-I-Met-Your-Mother-Gang.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What is best performance? Is it like a live rendition or is it an award for the singing, where best song is writing and best record is production or something?

rhandino

Banned
And to think that Azealia Banks, the better artist, could be nominated but she has burned so many bridges and connections and has proven to be kind of a garbage person in general.

cJ1UaC4.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
And to think that Azealia Banks, the better artist, could be nominated but she has burned so many bridges and connections and has proven to be kind of a garbage person in general.

cJ1UaC4.gif

she was way past the cut off point
she'll get her trophy next year, or at least a nom
at least she should because the album is great

rhandino

Banned
she was way past the cut off point
she'll get her trophy next year, or at least a nom
at least she should because the album is great
Oh yes, I was talking in general.

But I have the feeling that she is not even going to get a mention even when the album was not really that bad and some of the songs are incredible.

Matt_

Oh yes, I was talking in general.

But I have the feeling that she is not even going to get a mention even when the album was not really that bad and some of the songs are incredible.

she made a lot of year end lists and got generally good reviews in spite of all her mess so if she can keep it together for the rest of the year I can see her getting a deserved nod.

she made a lot of year end lists and got generally good reviews in spite of all her mess so if she can keep it together for the rest of the year I can see her getting a deserved nod.
I think she said she's releasing something this year... but honestly who knows lol

I've never heard of Sam Smith till this thread, I guess I'm out of touch

Also, what's the different between record of the year and song of the year?

Could be epic if he do that to Iggy =P
/s

Then again, Fancy is amazing and serves as a vehicle to spread the gospel of Charli XCX.

lol at thinking Kanye would step to Iggy.

He knows Tip does not play when it comes to his strangely-accented, fat-assed, white Australian daughter.

On the other hand I need to see this happen. T.I. tripping all over himself to cape for his girl and in the process start a beef with Kanye would be fun.

NMFried

Would anybody be interested in following a liveblog for this for my university newspaper? It'd help out. Just gauging interest, so if not no worries. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom