• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that his presidency lights a fire under all the young people who haven't felt a need/interest to be at all active politcally

I honestly think in today's society apathy is a huge problem. I know so many people from every age range and race and economic background that simply don't care about social issues even when they or their loved ones have faced them themselves. Most of the people I am talking about are sons and daughters of immigrants. They don't vote, they laugh it all off when he won. They hear the shit trump says and think "meh". Most people I know simply don't give a fuck and I live in a very ethnically divers and liberal place(Southern California).

ffPzr2E.gif

trump people can put it in reverse.

I like how Megatron gently puts him down instead of breaking/blasting him or whatever.

ZOONAMI

Care for the receipts on Gregor? I don't know him, but he says he voted hillary, why shouldnt I believe him? The exchange that got him called a Trump supporter doesn't make any sense to me tbh.

I was only replying to Kayzai and about trump supporters in general. We aren't going to stop "mourning."

I don't know anything about Gregor and will take him at his word as well. So my apologies as I see how it was easy to conclude I was grouping him in with it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I love how when Bill does this people just go "oh Bill" but when Trump does it it's disgusting

Feel the same way.

Edit- also I don't want to be called a Trump supporter here, but I also can't stand that people jump all over his Epstein ties while bill actually has stronger ties to him. They're both extremely questionable in these regards.

Bigfoot

Great thing about Trump is you can call him a racist, lying, bigoted, sexist, homophobic, asshole and his supporters rarely if ever counter it.

I wonder why that is

Here or in the real world? It's understandable here... everyone that did counter it got banned and the other ones are smart enough to not try so they don't get banned themselves.

ManaMiku

Banned
I'm questioning how can someone see an unfamiliar word and not look it up and click on the first link the pops up in Google or see the definition provided.

It says offensive right there.

Screen_Shot_2017_01_20_at_5_43_07_PM.png

I was using my phone. That didn't come up in my phone.

I've seen people say black cock or white cock, and while those can be offensive to some, these have been thrown a lot on TV so I thought mulatto falls in the same category as these.

Biske

Trump has really ruined the thumbs up for me.

I'm a big thumps up guy and every time Trump does it and I realize we are fellow thumb uppers, I die a little.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was only replying to Kayzai and about trump supporters in general. We aren't going to stop "mourning."

I don't know anything about Gregor and will take him at his word as well. So my apologies as I see how it was easy to conclude I was grouping him in with it.

Very easy with the word ya'll in there, but I see what you're saying. I was very outspoken in my opposition to Jill stein carnival sideshow recount and it got me labeled a Trump supporter. That whole thing was such a scam by a hypocritical crazy like stein, but that's besides the point. Not everybody will agree on everything, and Trump has brought tensions so high in regards to if you're not with me you're against me.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This to me is the scary as fuck part. I think Trump is a clown, but I feel hell be more absent than anything. That's not to say he can't do damage, but it could be a quick 4 years if hes as disconnected as he seems from the job... Paul Ryan scares me along with his ancient history cronies. I might get crap for this, but I just dont understand how they can involve religion so heavily into politics, I really thought we were getting away from that.

GOP is totally about being joined at the hip to fundamentalist christianity in America. Been that way for decades when they began manipulating evangelicals using abortion as the first hot topic. Was officially part of the Southern Strategy.

The Barry Goldwater quote has always summed it up:

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

"Just because people voted for someone who targeted numerous minority groups, bragged about sexual assault, and encoutaged violence at his rallies doesn't make them bad! We have to come together in unity!"

6KwGDGZ.jpg

Indeed. They want to be proud bigots? Willfully ignorant? The time for coddling them has ended. They've stonewalled and demonized basic human compassion for years. Chunks of them believe outrageous claims like "this woman running for President is the literal Anti-Christ." I mean literally. And those that do know better certainly aren't rushing to correct those that don't. They've capitalized on "limp" Liberals always giving them an inch, so they can take a mile, and this is the culmination on not calling out that bullshit to their face, and treating them like the repulsive people they really are, shrouding poison as "values" and "patriotism", when their ideals could be no further from those actual concepts.

Gutek

Indeed. They want to be proud bigots? Willfully ignorant? The time for coddling them has ended. They've stonewalled and demonized basic human compassion for years. Chunks of them believe outrageous claims like "this woman running for President is the literal Anti-Christ." I mean literally. And those that do know better certainly aren't rushing to correct those that don't. They've capitalized on "limp" Liberals always giving them an inch, so they can take a mile, and this is the culmination on not calling out that bullshit to their face, and treating them like the repulsive people they really are, shrounding poison as "values" and "patriotism", when their ideals could be no further from those actual concepts.

Hear Hear!

2 good things came out of today.

1) Bill being bill and getting caught by hill
2) George W being George W and almost ended himself with a damn plastic bag

at least 2 laughs today

If it was a sitcom, the camera will then pan to someone and they would exclaim, "That's My President!"

So yeah, definitely humorous.

fantomena

GOddammit, I hate people who screams "fake news", but don't even bother to prove it's fake and when someone does prove it's real news, noone gives a shit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What Trump has said he has done on tape (sexually assaulting women), doesn't compare to Bill ogling someone (if you can even say definitively that's what he was doing from that gif).

But people were interpreting it as him doing just that and laughing it off. The whole ordeal with Lewinsky is well documented, not to mention him lying about it and him lying as well about Jennifer flowers then coming clean in his deposition. I think there is more than enough there to know bill is a bit of a womanizer, but he seems to get a pass for it. Trump is despicable too, but I don't really understand why were talking about whose worse? Bill is still pretty nasty.

ZOONAMI

But people were interpreting it as him doing just that and laughing it off. The whole ordeal with Lewinsky is well documented, not to mention him lying about it and him lying as well about Jennifer flowers then coming clean in his deposition. I think there is more than enough there to know bill is a bit of a womanizer, but he seems to get a pass for it. Trump is despicable too, but I don't really understand why were talking about whose worse? Bill is still pretty nasty.

Because everything Bill has done was consensual?

And Trump's pussy grabbing talk clearly wasn't. He has also repeatedly said demeaning, awful things about women.

Bill has not. Infidelity sucks, but if the sex is consensual it doesn't equate to Trump's nastiness.

Being a womanizer isn't on the level of what Trump has admitted to doing, and his rhetoric on the campaign trail.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Because everything Bill has done was consensual?

And Trump's pussy grabbing talk clearly wasn't. He has also repeatedly said demeaning, awful things about women.

Bill has not. Infidelity sucks, but if the sex is consensual it doesn't equate to Trump's nastiness.

Being a womanizer isn't on the level of what Trump has admitted to doing, and his rhetoric on the campaign trail.

I don't want to start this whole thing, but as I'm sure you're aware, there have been numerous accusers that bill took it too far with them against what they wanted. Is there something as bad as the bus tapes? Nah, but him lying under oath and and lying to the American people while having multiple affairs definitely opens that door. Not to mention the strong Epstein ties that people seemingly ignore with bill but try to dust up on Trump. Don't get me wrong they both deserve criticism for their ties to that scum, but I think it's curious to say the least.

Edit- I forgot my main point in my rambling, but the perception to that gif was pretty clear and yet people just laughed it off.

I was using my phone. That didn't come up in my phone.

I've seen people say black cock or white cock, and while those can be offensive to some, these have been thrown a lot on TV so I thought mulatto falls in the same category as these.

Mmhmm. Sure dude whatever you say.
IMG_0857.png

Nafai1123

Banned
I don't want to start this whole thing, but as I'm sure you're aware, there have been numerous accusers that bill took it too far with them against what they wanted. Is there something as bad as the bus tapes? Nah, but him lying under oath and and lying to the American people while having multiple affairs definitely opens that door. Not to mention the strong Epstein ties that people seemingly ignore with bill but try to dust up on Trump. Don't get me wrong they both deserve criticism for their ties to that scum, but I think it's curious to say the least.

Edit- I forgot my main point in my rambling, but the perception to that gif was pretty clear and yet people just laughed it off.

If Bill was the POTUS we would be taking it more seriously. At this point he's just an old pervert with southern charm.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Bill was the POTUS we would be taking it more seriously. At this point he's just an old pervert with southern charm.

It's a sidebar thing and I get that believe me, just think if bill is seen toggling women as it appears he was doing, he deserves scrutiny too. I'll stop given this isn't the thread for it.

ZOONAMI

Yeah ok reading up on the Paula Jones stuff and the settlement, I'm liable to agree with you (as well as the other 2 accusers).

However, we can also get into the double digit trump accusers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom