• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sad small fist.

Just asking to have a dick photoshopped into it.

south-park-season-20-750x490.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
I agreed with a comment who said it's wrong to attack Trumps son. I don't know his name (Barron I guess according to the posts here), but his son, attacking the kids of the president, attacking kids at all should never ever happen.

WHen it comes to Trump supporters, I don't call them racist or sexist a lot, quite rarely actually. I have a Norwegian friend who supports Trump, but never called that friends racist, I always argue with that friend with facts and arguments regardless wherever he waves it all off or just spews out pizzagate conspiracy nonsense.
Them being racist and sexist is a fact.

You spent the entire thread throwing shade at anybody saying negative things about Trump. What else would you call that? I don't understand. You didn't praise Trump. sure.

And I don't even care if you do. But pretending that you haven't had a bias in this thread with whom you have responded to and the things you said is laughable.

Where did I defend Trump please? You are dodging friend. Be honest here and apologize.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
@Bolded specifically: No, it's entirely okay. They voted to ruin millions of people's lives. They can't pretend to be victims when they're the ones actively harming people. Every last Trump supporter is a despicable subhuman. No ifs ands or buts about it.

I'm sorry you feel that way. If you feel that someone has truly lost their way try love and empathy instead of hatred.

In extreme situations, the entire universe becomes our foe; at such critical times, unity of mind and technique is essential - do not let your heart waver!

If your heart is large enough to envelop your adversaries, you can see right through them and avoid their attacks. And once you envelop them, you will be able to guide them along the path indicated to you by heaven and earth.

Morihei Ueshiba

I'm not going to be baited in, but I do want to clear up what I said in that I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. I don't have a single ounce of regret at all and I, along with many others, are highly optimistic and happy to see a return of patriotism not seen in many years.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I believe you mean nationalism.

Trump does not give a fuck about this country.

JaseMath

You can miss me with this, fam. I don't want to eliminate any kind of divide between them and me. They elected a racist, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic despot and a congress to go with them. That's it. No sympathy, no empathy. They decided their interests, their anxiety, their party mattered more than human rights. That's a hard pass from me. Do I think we should be bullying children? Absolutely fucking not. But I think protests need to happen and I am going to be attending one.

Absolutely—me too; I'll attending a women's rights protest in Denver tomorrow. Exercising the right to protest is important at a time like this. So is writing your congressmen and state representatives. These are the things history will remember, not random, angry posts on Twitter or internet gaming message forums.

My main gripe is with people who will (or have) take their frustrations out on people who've done them no wrong. Just because someone voted for Donald Trump shouldn't automatically make them your enemy to the point where you become less of a person.

I'm sorry you feel that way. If you feel that someone has truly lost their way try love and empathy instead of hatred.

In extreme situations, the entire universe becomes our foe; at such critical times, unity of mind and technique is essential - do not let your heart waver!

If your heart is large enough to envelop your adversaries, you can see right through them and avoid their attacks. And once you envelop them, you will be able to guide them along the path indicated to you by heaven and earth.

Morihei Ueshiba
lol.

"Love people that see you less than human or believe that your rights do not matter."

Okkaaay.

rjinaz

Where did I defend Trump please? You are dodging friend. Be honest here and apologize.

Since an apology means so much to you, I will. I apologize. Frankly it makes me feel better. I'm just taking my anger out anonymously on the internet. Besides this is gaf. Ww3, market crash, fuck the poors, and so on.

So again. I apologize.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You're right it is. But the fact is people vote the way they do for a variety of reasons. Up here in Canada, I felt strongly that Trudeau was shockingly unqualified for his job. But he set such a compelling vision of Canada that I just had to vote for him, despite my deep reservations.

Many people voted for Trump because they vote for their party. They voted for him because they're small entrepreneurs that are excited about his pro growth talk. Many voted Trump because they felt he was a better option than Clinton (although I can't see how).

Besides, just throwing all Trump supporters under the bus is exactly a Trump thing to do! It lacks civil discourse, a ground floor of empathy and decency. Don't be like Trump.
I don't believe it's inherently lacking empathy to suggest Trump supporters be made to face and own the entirety of what they supported. We don't live in a country with mandatory voting. They actively made a choice, and they at the very least decided they could tolerate his loud and proud bigotry.

If this is uncomfortable for some Trump supporters to hear, it's precisely because they need to think about it more.

America stooped low today, disgusting what's happening in DC at the moment.

What specifically are you referring to

Because I agree both Trump getting elected, the anarchist group in DC trying to sow anger and discord by inciting violence to make protesters look bad, and the police's gross overreaction to protesters including flashbangs and macing the elderly and disabled are all pretty disgusting.

Since an apology means so much to you, I will. I apologize. Frankly it makes me feel better. I'm just taking my anger out anonymously on the internet. Besides this is gaf. Ww3, market crash, fuck the poors, and so on.

So again. I apologize.

Thanks. It's big of you really.

There is a lot to be angry about, I get it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bruh tell me being 9 years old and feeling like you're eating cookies for breakfast isn't the best feeling ever

I didn't have cookie crisp until a little later in my childhood, and I would agree with you... If cookies tasted like that. Cookie crisp is OK, but they don't taste like real cookies. Cookies are delicious.

ManaMiku

Banned
Mulatto is not a positive word that multiracial people like to be called (if this is true--I don't know or care. Just informing you on the term). Ivanka is an opportunist and to me that makes you just as bad.

Once again I truly think Tiffany does not support or approve of her father campaign and that's why she has been silent, even to the point of not publicly congratulating him on her public twitter.

I've never heard it used before in my life, so I don't know myself if it's very offensive. Why is she an opportunist? Is it because you think she just wants to be in the white house often?

Morihei Ueshiba

We gave them love and empathy for 8 years. This is what they gave us in return.

I've never heard it used before in my life, so I don't know myself if it's very offensive. Why is she an opportunist? Is it because you think she just wants to be in the white house often?

You never heard of a word and you read it in a post, and you don't think to look it up?

"I've never seen a mulatto cock," is what you read and you did not question what adjective that is being used on the word "cock" means?

Sure.

Great thing about Trump is you can call him a racist, lying, bigoted, sexist, homophobic, asshole and his supporters rarely if ever counter it.

I wonder why that is

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Just because people voted for someone who targeted numerous minority groups, bragged about sexual assault, and encoutaged violence at his rallies doesn't make them bad! We have to come together in unity!"

6KwGDGZ.jpg

Inauguration Crowd Sizes

Donald J Trump 2017 - 250,000

Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million

Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million (generally considered a record for people on the National Mall)

George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000

George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000

Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000

Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000

George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

Wow. That's the lowest inauguration crowd size I've ever seen for a president who's been first elected.

Biske

To be fair, with all the empty seats...

this parade is boring as hell. Lets get real. Its one thing to watch the president go by, but who would really wanna stick around at night and watch this?

No offense to people in the parade, most parades are super boring.

antonz

Press online starting to report the Spin has begun. Blaming the weather for turnout. Because afterall trump was hyping up record crowds etc. 47 degrees in DC right now. Was 28 Degrees at last Inauguration for Obama. So as usual Trump team full of shit

tmespe

I agreed with a comment who said it's wrong to attack Trumps son. I don't know his name (Barron I guess according to the posts here), but his son, attacking the kids of the president, attacking kids at all should never ever happen.

WHen it comes to Trump supporters, I don't call them racist or sexist a lot, quite rarely actually. I have a Norwegian friend who supports Trump, but never called that friends racist, I always argue with that friend with facts and arguments regardless wherever he waves it all off or just spews out pizzagate conspiracy nonsense.
Your Norwegian friend is quite likely a racist. There are plenty of them here too. If someone is being racist, sexist, etc I would call them out on it, and quite possibly stop being their friend. Arguing with facts and calling someone a racist are not opposed.

U2NUMB

2 good things came out of today.

1) Bill being bill and getting caught by hill
2) George W being George W and almost ended himself with a damn plastic bag

at least 2 laughs today

Press online starting to report the Spin has begun. Blaming the weather for turnout. Because afterall trump was hyping up record crowds etc. 47 degrees in DC right now. Was 28 Degrees at last Inauguration for Obama. So as usual Trump team full of shit

Today was a real nice day out. The rain was also very light and quick.

No excuses. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more protestors than supporters lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom