• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If you don't call him and asshole or ridicule his family it means you support him. lol
I think its just people dealing with their shock in different way.

Hopeful, calmness will prevail.

Agreed. I don't really blame the dude even though his apology was an attempt to mock me by quoting something I posted earlier. He doesn't even get the irony of quoting what he did.

I get it though and he apologized. Probably the only apology on the internet today.

Press online starting to report the Spin has begun. Blaming the weather for turnout. Because afterall trump was hyping up record crowds etc. 47 degrees in DC right now. Was 28 Degrees at last Inauguration for Obama. So as usual Trump team full of shit

Some Hurricane Katrina shit could've been happening in '09 and Obama still would've had a bigger, more enthusiastic turnout.

tuxfool

Banned
Press online starting to report the Spin has begun. Blaming the weather for turnout. Because afterall trump was hyping up record crowds etc. 47 degrees in DC right now. Was 28 Degrees at last Inauguration for Obama. So as usual Trump team full of shit

These people try to save face worse than even the Chinese. And for them it isn't even cultural.

rjinaz

No, it will not. There's a fight ahead.

I'm sure some would love for that to happen. But fuck no will there be calmness. Grab them by the pussy Trump is president, and that's like not even on the top of the list of the worst shit he has said and done. Yeah I'll be calm. It will all be ok that he's leading the most powerful nation in the world and making it a utopia for the wealthy.

GAF is scaring me lately. The personal attacks have gotten out of control. The vast majority of us hate Trump--the whole world does!--but jesus you gotta stop with this non stop stream of hatred. It's not OK to attack or belittle Trump supporters (as long as they have no record of racist views or anything crazy) or make fun of Trump's young son. Trump being a bully does not excuse your bad behavior. I'm not trying to be a mod... these should be rules of life not just on a gaming forum.
Voting for Trump is the very definition of a record of racist and sexist views.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm so scared of what these next four years will bring. This is the worst possible nightmare scenario being played out.

Far from it. There's much worse things that could have happened, and that have happened in the past. My advice to be to try to approach this with a level head. A lot of people are overthinking the "scariness" of the concept of Trump, and are going bonkers in the process.

You can't put together a proper counter strategy for Trump based solely on fear. It's a great motivator, but its uses only go so far.

Ithil

The sun was in their eyes, this controller was faulty, the traffic was bad, we were all at very important business meetings at our jobs we all definitely have, we were there in spirit, we had a flat tyre, we were all wearing camouflage to support the military, CNN covered the crowd with CGI, it was too cold and no one brought a jacket, we couldn't get a nanny, etc.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
True. The person he responding to actually is a Russian apologist. He has posted some high-end bullshit lately.

I don't know them personally so I'll walk my comment back a bit, however I've seen people called Trump supporters over some ridiculous things. It's got people on edge across the board.

I'm sure some would love for that to happen. But fuck no will there be calmness. Grab them by the pussy Trump is president, and that's like not even on the top of the list of the worst shit he has said and done. Yeah I'll be calm. It will all be ok that he's leading the most powerful nation in the world and making it a utopia for the wealthy.

It's not even just about Trump, it's the fact that right-wing assholes control everything. "Calmness" is not an option

ManaMiku

Banned
You never heard of a word and you read it in a post, and you don't think to look it up?

"I've never seen a mulatto cock," is what you read and you did not question what adjective that is being used on the word "cock" means?

Sure.

What's wrong with you?

First of all, what did the Buzzfeed person ask her to give out that answer in the first place?

Second of all, I DID look it up, I just didn't know it was very offensive since I never heard it before (until today).

She repeatedly used campaign events to promote her businesses and products.

Well that's stupid, considering Trump is one of the most hated people in the world...

Linkura

Inauguration Crowd Sizes

Donald J Trump 2017 - 250, 000

Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million

Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million (generally considered a record for people on the National Mall)

George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000

George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000

Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000

Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000

George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

I wonder why there were more people at W's second inauguration than his first.

Also, LOL Trump. Sad!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sure. We've already pulled the receipts so I won't bother with it again.

Care for the receipts on Gregor? I don't know him, but he says he voted hillary, why shouldnt I believe him? The exchange that got him called a Trump supporter doesn't make any sense to me tbh.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That fist in the air, lol.
Yes, that obese, pampered 70yo is really tough.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Trump's Inauguration:

ZaZaeDJ.gif

What's wrong with you?

First of all, what did the Buzzfeed person ask her to give out that answer in the first place?

Second of all, I DID look it up, I just didn't know it was very offensive since I never heard it before (until today).

I'm questioning how can someone see an unfamiliar word and not look it up and click on the first link the pops up in Google or see the definition provided.

It says offensive right there.

Screen_Shot_2017_01_20_at_5_43_07_PM.png

Rayis

I remember when Obama got reelected in 2012 and he made that amazing speech back the night it was announced he had won the election, I felt fired up, happy to live in an America that had a place for me.

Today I feel the complete opposite, America has been taken back by the crazies and by people who wish us harm, we cannot let them get away with this.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's not even just about Trump, it's the fact that right-wing assholes control everything. "Calmness" is not an option

This to me is the scary as fuck part. I think Trump is a clown, but I feel hell be more absent than anything. That's not to say he can't do damage, but it could be a quick 4 years if hes as disconnected as he seems from the job... Paul Ryan scares me along with his ancient history cronies. I might get crap for this, but I just dont understand how they can involve religion so heavily into politics, I really thought we were getting away from that.

Trickster

I remember when Obama got reelected in 2012 and he made that amazing speech back the night it was announced he had won the election, I felt fired up, happy to live in an America that had a place for me.

Today I feel the complete opposite, America has been taken back by the crazies and by people who wish us harm, we cannot let them get away with this.

I really hope that his presidency lights a fire under all the young people who haven't felt a need/interest to be at all active politcally

Gojeran

I'd just like to remind people that the next four years could easily be 8 years if the DNC and the Democratic Party as a whole don't get their shit together. 4 years is the minimum amount of time we get Trump. After this election I won't be taking for granted that four years is all we have to suffer through.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I'd just like to remind people that the next four years could easily be 8 years if the DNC and the Democratic Party as a whole don't get their shit together. 4 years is the minimum amount of time we get Trump. After this election I won't be taking for granted that four years is all we have to suffer through.

Just scary thinking the amount of damage which can happen in 4 years.

rjinaz

Ok. Stop being a keyboard warrior and do something then!!

It's the empty vessels that make the largest noise. Hopefully, you will get out there and actually protest.
Or better still, you become an DNC activist and start contributing to the rebuilding of the movement that will be required to get this man out of office next time around.

...Strategy requires calmness, btw.

And what are you doing friend? You are pretty vocal about your stance, you don't seem really happy with anybody in government. Instead of scolding Democrats in particular on gaf, is there something you are actively doing?

Also who is to say I didn't do anything. I put in work on the Hillary campaign. I made calls, went to doors. I have protested Trump even though I'm not doing it today. It's pouring here in Phoenix.

Agreed. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Opto

Banned

I remember being in band class on inauguration day in 2009 and my teacher told us to put away the instruments and we all went into the closest room with a tv in it to watch him be sworn in. I felt proud, that our country was on the cusp of going in a good direction.

But apparently enough of america decided that a black left moderate was too radical and paved the way for trump to send us right back into the abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom