• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 67th Primetime Emmy Awards |OT| Jon Hamm's Final Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Game of Thrones creeppin up the leaderboard...

WINNERS
Veep (Writing for a Comedy Series, Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series)
Mom (Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series)
Transparent (Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Directing for a Comedy Series, Guest Actor in a Comedy Series)
Shameless (Guest Actress in a Comedy Series)
The Voice (Reality Competition Program)
Olive Kitteridge (Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special, Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special, Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie, Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie, Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie, Limited Series)
American Crime (Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Writing for a Variety Series, Directing for a Variety Series, Variety Talk Series)
Inside Amy Schumer (Variety Sketch Series)
***Game of Thrones*** (Writing for a Drama Series, Directing for a Drama Series, Supporting Actor in a Drama Series)
The Americans (Guest Actress in a Drama Series)
House of Cards (Guest Actor in a Drama Series)
Orange is the New Black (Supporting Actress in a Drama Series)

Actors & Actresses
Allison Janney (Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series)
Tony Hale (Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series)
Jeffrey Tambor (Lead Actor in a Comedy Series)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Lead Actress in a Comedy Series)
Joan Cusack (Guest Actress in a Comedy Series)
Bradley Whitford (Guest Actor in a Comedy Series)
Regina King (Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
Bill Murray (Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie)
Frances McDormand (Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
Richard Jenkins (Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie)
Margo Martindale (Guest Actress in a Drama Series)
Reg E. Cathey (Guest Actor in a Drama Series)
Uzo Aduba (Supporting Actress in a Drama Series)
Peter Dinklage (Supporting Actor in a Drama Series)

EMMY COUNT
Olive Kitteridge: 6
Veep: 3
Transparent: 3
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: 3
Game of Thrones: 3

I don't get it. GOT love is confusing to me since the show had better performances and writing in past seasons than in this one.

and before I get "LOL SALTY" cuz im betting that'll happen, I'm not even mad or upset, I'm just really confused.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, so much hate for GoT on here.

I don't hate Game of Thrones, there are just way stronger shows when it comes to acting, directing or writing. It shines sometimes, but its not the cream of the crop. But opinions and all that.

Personally I find Game of Thrones entertaining, I'll happily watch the next season. But this past one was the weakest it has ever had. And it's winning in such strong categories. It's just bizarre.

Lothar

Banned
I don't remember Peter Dinklage being particularly good last season? It's not his fault, there wasn't much for him to do. Did he have a great performance that I forgot about?

Should have been Banks.

Ogimachi

I don't get it. GOT love is confusing to me since the show had better performances and writing in past seasons than in this one.

and before I get "LOL SALTY" cuz im betting that'll happen, I'm not even mad or upset, I'm just really confused.
Yup. Had this been back in "Blackwater" I don't think people would be complaining, myself included.

I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree with you actually

zeemumu

fair enough. i don't watch got but i find her to be attractive.

Her eyebrows can act for her, though.
ecaa8cd0-f9bc-0132-4f9c-0ec273752cbd.gif

Herbs

Banned
I don't hate Game of Thrones, there are just way stronger shows when it comes to acting, directing or writing. It shines sometimes, but its not the cream of the crop. But opinions and all that.

Personally I find Game of Thrones entertaining, I'll happily watch the next season. But this past one was the weakest it has ever had. And it's winning in such strong categories. It's just bizarre.

Except you and everyone else lamenting it are in the vast minority. You're opinion is valid but really the show is massively loved and earns heaps of critical praise. Pretty basic really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom