• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 67th Primetime Emmy Awards |OT| Jon Hamm's Final Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

I wish How To Get Away With Murder was a better show. Viola is the only good actor on it (and she is great). Lovely speech. I was pulling for Henson but congrats, Viola.

I still wish Tatiana won, but I can live with that.

I also really wish Amy Poehler won like Jon Hamm, but you take your victories when you can get them I guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
so daredevil was nominated, but didn't win anything.

maybe next year.

It was? Yeah, I think it was nominated for outstanding open credits or something. I want to say it lost to Manhattan. I thought it was a good choice. I love Manhattan's opening credits, same with Halt and Catch Fire.

My issue with the Daredevil opening is that Hannibal did almost the exact same thing before DD and better.

Herbs

Banned
just so everyone is aware, Viola is the first woman of colour to win a lead actress Emmy.

that's crazy. had no idea.

I'd be surprised if she even gets nominated again. Other than GoT you pretty much only get one shot if you're a genre show.

definitely, though the new voting rules and wider raft of entrants means their is a shot for other things than established tv to see some nods.

MIMIC

Banned
WINNERS
***Veep*** (Writing for a Comedy Series, Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Comedy Series)
Mom (Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series)
Transparent (Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Directing for a Comedy Series, Guest Actor in a Comedy Series)
Shameless (Guest Actress in a Comedy Series)
The Voice (Reality Competition Program)
Olive Kitteridge (Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special, Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special, Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie, Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie, Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie, Limited Series)
American Crime (Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Writing for a Variety Series, Directing for a Variety Series, Variety Talk Series)
Inside Amy Schumer (Variety Sketch Series)
Game of Thrones (Writing for a Drama Series, Directing for a Drama Series, Supporting Actor in a Drama Series)
The Americans (Guest Actress in a Drama Series)
House of Cards (Guest Actor in a Drama Series)
Orange is the New Black (Supporting Actress in a Drama Series)
Mad Men (Lead Actor in a Drama Series)
How to Get Away with Murder (Lead Actress in a Drama Series)

Actors & Actresses
Allison Janney (Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series)
Tony Hale (Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series)
Jeffrey Tambor (Lead Actor in a Comedy Series)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Lead Actress in a Comedy Series)
Joan Cusack (Guest Actress in a Comedy Series)
Bradley Whitford (Guest Actor in a Comedy Series)
Regina King (Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
Bill Murray (Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie)
Frances McDormand (Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie)
Richard Jenkins (Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie)
Margo Martindale (Guest Actress in a Drama Series)
Reg E. Cathey (Guest Actor in a Drama Series)
Uzo Aduba (Supporting Actress in a Drama Series)
Peter Dinklage (Supporting Actor in a Drama Series)
John Hamm (Lead Actor in a Drama Series)
Viola Davis (Lead Actress in a Drama Series)

EMMY COUNT
Olive Kitteridge: 6
Veep: 4
Transparent: 3
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: 3
Game of Thrones: 3

It was? Yeah, I think it was nominated for outstanding open credits or something. I want to say it lost to Manhattan. I thought it was a good choice. I love Manhattan's opening credits, same with Halt and Catch Fire.

My issue with the Daredevil opening is that Hannibal did almost the exact same thing before DD and better.
yep, you got it. lost to manhattan. it got nominated for two other things as well but lost those, one of them to got.

jett

D-Member
I don't understand this GoT wins at all. It's such a trash show.

Good for Jon Hamm finally winning one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom