• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nny

I happen to be in the US, so it will be nice to see this at a reasonable time and on the TV instead of on crappy streams late into the night.

MIMIC

Banned
Not complaining, but....does Jennifer Lopez ALWAYS dress like this at award shows? It's almost like a gimmick at this point.

GQman2121

Banned
Outfits are pretty tame thus far. Rita Ora is fine though.

CUXEBHR.png

Zodzilla

Not complaining, but....does Jennifer Lopez ALWAYS dress like this at award shows? It's almost like a gimmick at this point.
Yep, that plunging green dress was basically the first and the largest show stopper back in the day and she's been trying and will continue to try re-attain that status for the rest of her life. Kind of sad, if you ask me.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That reverse-side-boob-cleavage look was more or less popularized by her ten years or so or whenever that was. It was a HUGE deal for some reason. Now everyone and their mother does it.

AdanVC

I'm honestly 98% out in terms of movies. I just don't have time anymore to sit and watch them :( BUT the very few I've seen are in this categories and are the ones that desserve to win IMO:

Best Animated Film
Big Hero 6
The Boxtrolls
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Song of the Sea
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

My god, Princess Kaguya is probably the most beautiful animated film I've ever seen!! It's like a freaking moving painting. Story is brilliant, animations is fluid, colors are super pleasant to the eye, music is beautiful. This movie is a modern animated masterpiece.

Best Documentary - Feature
The Salt of the Earth
Virunga
CitizenFour
Finding Vivian Maier
Last Days in Vietnam

Finding Vivian Maier tells the misterious and awesome story of one of the best unknown photographers of the past century. Seriously, if you enjoy photography, this documentary is a must-see. Here's the trailer of the documentary

and some of her magnificent photos:

All this photos taken during the 50's and 60's in New York and Chicago.

Parch

Best animated film. I haven't even heard of Tales of Princess Kaguya or Song of the Sea. I'm gonna have to find those. Of the rest I'm a big fan of How To Train Your Dragon 2 and want to find the TV shows as well.

Gala

The official stream works fine for me with Hola, If you choose US and still get the "youre in another country" click on "it doesnt work, fix it" in the Hola extension in your browser and repeat it until you get a proxy that works.

Also when does the show acutally starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom