• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nk777k0Wvc1qhhxd4o1_500.png

tumblr_nk76nvSw1X1r0yq4zo1_500.png

tumblr_nk74lsoym11qzdarao4_400.jpg

ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
i tell ya this red carpet shit is probably the fakest of the fake shit you will ever see right next to a politicians gathering.

every year I tell myself that I should try to see some of the movies nominated beforehand but I never get around to it.
I usually see a few of them beforehand but these last few years have been difficult. I've seen next to none of the nominees. I did see The Lego Movie but nooooo, snub that one, Academy!

Zodzilla

Guys, do you know that it took 12 years to make Boyhood? Isn't that amazing.

I hope Whiplash/Birdman win things.
Love all three, but felt a weird sense of childhood nostalgia and innocence that no other film has really ever touched when watching Boyhood.

Rooting for Boyhood, but would be equally happy if either of those two other choices win.

MIMIC

Banned
i tell ya this red carpet shit is probably the fakest of the fake shit you will ever see right next to a politicians gathering.

It really is. Almost cringe-worthy. I was writhing in pain when Robin was talking to Bradly Cooper about hugging him for a fan (or whatever it was) >_<

MIMIC

Banned
Love all three, but felt a weird sense of childhood nostalgia and innocence that no other film has really ever touched when watching Boyhood.

Rooting for Boyhood, but would be equally happy if either of those two other choices win.

I was thinking the same thing watching Boyhood. I knew exactly what the movie was doing, but I couldn't help but feel that way though :)

MercuryLS

Banned

I get what Linklater was trying to do with Boyhood, but it just didn't doing anything for me. I much prefer many of his other movies. For me Birdman and Whiplash were the best movies I saw in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom