• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khayam

Banned
Just heard from a friend that the Oscars were on and Fury Road is slaying. Trying hard to change the image that it's just a meaningless awards show for snooty bullshit I guess. ;)

They are awarding it second tier awards because it's not gonna wind any big one, the ones that go down in history (director, picture, actor).

hamchan

I hope all of you are back next year celebrating the makeup designers and sound editors. But we all know instead most of you will be complaining about how boring the awards are and should get to the big ones.

You sound salty people are enjoying Mad Max winning.

I was pretty happy with Grand Budapest winning a lot of these awards last year.

Was also very happy with Gravity sweeping it 2 years ago.

Can we get a gif of Jacob looking at the droids? That was adorable.

untitled-13las4r.gif

daydream

Banned
man, did not expect the right choice in the technical achievement category. choices are mostly acceptable so far and rock is doing a good job

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Ennio Morricone scored Sergio Leone's films.

It's time to give him his golden man.

He got a lifetime award, but this is likely last chance to give him a real one.

He's getting it.

Moonkid

Don't think Williams deserves it at all for The Force Awakens to be frank. Weakest score of the series so far and certainly not the best this year.

Sephzilla

Mad Max's OST is better than Force Awakens' OST

Force Awakens OST is quite possibly the worst soundtrack of the Star Wars franchise, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom