• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Ex Machina for best visual effects wat?
About the only visual effects in the movie were the CGI robots.

The Force Unleashed Awakens (for practical effects) deserved this one.

pringles

compared to mad max it's better written, better directed, has better cinematography (notice how deus ex machina understands how to employ chiarascuro and depth of field) and is an all around better movie.

eh
Ex Machina is amazing! I saw it twice already.

Fury Road is amazing too though. I've seen that 6 times.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wish game awards were as respected at music and movies awards are.

The Grammys are maybe the least respected thing out of all the things that have ever thinged. They were the first awards ceremony to become a complete god damned joke, if they ever weren't a joke to begin with.

compared to mad max it's better written, better directed, has better cinematography (notice how ex machina understands how to employ chiarascuro and depth of field) and is an all around better movie.

eh

Mad Max wouldn't have worked if they used different cinematography. They knew what they were doing and executed on it.

You just wanted a different movie altogether.

Monocle

compared to mad max it's better written, better directed, has better cinematography (notice how ex machina understands how to employ chiarascuro and depth of field) and is an all around better movie.

eh
Ex Machina better directed than Mad Max? For real tho?

Ashhong

I hope all of you are back next year celebrating the makeup designers and sound editors. But we all know instead most of you will be complaining about how boring the awards are and should get to the big ones.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ex Machina for best visual effects wat?
About the only visual effects in the movie were the CGI robots.

The Force Unleashed or Mad Max (for oractical effects) deserved this one.
But that's a videogame...

I kid I know you mean TFA ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom