• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-12itrlk.gif

dorn.

Is it just me or are the Oscars surprisingly entertaining this year? Lots of focus on the technical awards as well.

Ithil

I hope all of you are back next year celebrating the makeup designers and sound editors. But we all know instead most of you will be complaining about how boring the awards are and should get to the big ones.

What are you even trying to do?

Pickman

Know I'm late to this one, but goddamn Roger Deakins just can't catch a break from the Academy.

Sicario was the closest thing we'll get to Hitchcock for 10 years in either direction in terms of the cinematography selling the suspense.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
compared to mad max it's better written, better directed, has better cinematography (notice how ex machina understands how to employ chiarascuro and depth of field) and is an all around better movie.

eh

giphy.gif

Ex Machina for best visual effects wat?
About the only visual effects in the movie were the CGI robots.

The Force Unleashed or Mad Max (for oractical effects) deserved this one.

That you actually think that is a testament to how insanely good the effects were in Ex Machina.

The production quality of this year's show has been on point. The thanks bar was a great addition. The shorts have been on point, with some good laughs. Nominees actually highlight the reason said movie was nominated for the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom