• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you people raggin on the TFA OST probably haven't even given it a proper listen outside of the film (not that that is how one should judge a score, but its use in the film was drowned out by SFX).

That said, of course Morricone is winning.

TFA is some of john william's most uninspired soundtracks. He holding himself back by retreading themes

Inside Out was the easiest call out of them all. But I liked Anomalisa way more than it.

Also, I'm so glad Mad Max is sweeping the Oscars so far. I know it's an extremely slim chance it's going to win the Best Picture award, but it's been an awesome night for the film. Well deserved and kudos!

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Good lord this Birdman is annoying.

kswiston

oscars are always rigged towards big studios, but the animation categories are the worst for that...

Animated feature sort of rolls (CGI) animation quality into an award that should be film quality. Pixar's craft is always quite high, so when they turn in a decent story on top of it, they usually win.

dcelw540

Does anyone else feel they are going overboard with the whole being discriminated by the Oscars? I get it but now it feels awakard watching them keep shoving it down our throats.

722910acdee25c3d5534a1168c3920eb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom