• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Wtf?

The scroll bar is the best thing they have done for the show. No one wants to hear someone thanking 30 people you have never heard of.
Agreed. I love it when people actually give speeches instead of naming off thousands of people. I can't blame them though because I can't say that I wouldn't do the exact same thing after getting flustered like that lol.

Big Hero 6 was good. Not as much substance as the likes of Inside Out, but wonderful art design and humor, decent characters (Baymax being the clear standout), and a reasonably satisfying story.

LEGO Movie was good but the story was a bit of a letdown for me.

I'll admit that I treat it somewhat harshly due to disappointment, but generally the movie rubbed me the wrong way throughout at several points, most notably
when they tried to pull a Disney Trademark Sacrifice death and you knew it didn't have any weight to it when it was happening.

BowieZ

Banned
TFA is some of john william's most uninspired soundtracks. He holding himself back by retreading themes
That just proves you've not listened to it.

99% is new music and he wrote 3 new main themes and several new short motifs. His new main themes are all inspired and brilliant. The film doesn't do a good job of letting the new ones breathe, but rather it usually goes quiet when the Force theme is playing. That's unavoidable, really.

(They do a good job of highlighting Rey's Theme at the very start as she slides down the dune though.)

Meanwhile, Williams is getting so much shit for writing the 7th film score in the most famous movie series of all time 40 fucking years after the first one. There's only so much he can actually do in terms of new music.

Kadin

Has anyone here seen all of the films nominated for best picture and best actor(s)? Pretty bad about seeing popular films and I think I should change that. Only saw Mad Max and Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom