• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfrank

Yup.

Fucking dumb that La La Land got nominated for technical stuff. Everything else? Yeah, totally but technical? Get outta here.

Rogue One got robbed.

Not really, Hacksaw had great sound. I was hoping Rogue One won, though.

Cinematography and editing are both it's to lose and technical categories.

TheFlow

Banned
City of stars is solid till Emma starts singing then it becomes my least favorite. Sing street should of had a mention.
Drive it like you stole it. Or riddle of a model

Speevy

Banned
These Double Toasted guys are doing a great service for showing this stream and they're very clever in their shows, but I wish they would shut the fuck up.

Literally just finished La La Land before turning the oscars on tonight and I can tell you it's highly praised for valid reasons. The movie is exceptional.
If it doesn't win best film, I hope Manchester By The Sea does

a916

okay

Doubt it. Seems to be Jungle Book's to lose. "All the animals were digital!" is probably going to jump out at people more than "We resurrected a dead man!"

It should be Jungle Book running away... it's ridiculous what they managed to do with that many animals talking and making it believable.

Fucking dumb that La La Land got nominated for technical stuff. Everything else? Yeah, totally but technical? Get outta here.

La La Land had amazing camera work, set design, and really good sound. It was not outlandish to nominate that film for some of the more technical fields.

It's pretty clear the majority of its haters didn't watch it and just hate it because it's popular.
I watched it and I hated every song in it and I hated Ryan Gosling white-splaining jazz to Emma Stone. The parts that I loved were seeing the Cinemascope logo and a tap dancing sequence in a modern movie.

Senoculum

Independence Day 2 was robbed.

I don't think ID4-2 deserves anything except a stern laughing at.

Canadian broadcast has had L'Oreal and Cadillac commercials playing at every break. I fully expect to recite their spots by heart by the end of the show lol.

jett

D-Member
I'm really surprised LLL isn't sweeping the technical shit. Maybe tonight will be more interesting than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom