• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

I watched it and I hated every song in it and I hated Ryan Gosling white-splaining jazz to Emma Stone. The parts that I loved were seeing the Cinemascope logo and a tap dancing sequence in a modern movie.
How can a white person whitesplain something to another white person?

If Marvel or DC got Mel for a rated R cape flick. Whewwww.

Hahaha at the idea that Disney/Marvel would ever ok an R rated comic book film. Now Warner might be crazy enough to do it. I'm just not sure if Mel is a good fit for a comic book movie. His wheelhouse has always been visceral historical films.

Fucking shot of the night so far... Close up of Mel Gibson snacking on a Twizzler with a big shit eating grin on his face having just nabbed and Oscar.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup.

Fucking dumb that La La Land got nominated for technical stuff. Everything else? Yeah, totally but technical? Get outta here.

Rogue One got robbed.

Not really, Hacksaw had great sound. I was hoping Rogue One won, though.

La La Land is a tremendous technical film. It quite frankly deserves technical awards much, much more than it does for, say, acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom