• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Encompassing Competitive Pokemon Thread (Tournament April 23rd)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Took me about as much time as I thought it would, and here it is! GAF's flying gym is open for business. While not totally complete (5/6 bred/EV trained), I have a stand in flying type as the sixth. It's a lot weaker than the rest of my lineup, but I figure we can't be too tough on the challengers. Plus my prize is admittedly kinda weak. :lol I'll be the "first" GAF gym for newbies I guess. :p

= FLYING GYM =
fi9iPBn.png

My team has conquered gravity! Do you really think you stand a chance?

Friend Code: 0560-9071-3586 (SoulSilver)
Availability: 9 PM to 2 AM Eastern
Rules: Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Shoddy Battle Prohibited
Prize: Brave Bird + Whirlwind Male Skarmory​

I'm up for battles tonight but I have to make a temporary adjustment; I'll be available past 9:30 PM.

Ok I'm FINALLY ready with my gym team!

= DARK GYM =
gymheader.gif

Friend Code: 5156-4291-4002 (HeartGold)
Availability: Pretty much all the time :). Send me a pm and I'll hopefully be there. I live in Europe UTC+2.
Rules: Single Battle, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Shoddy Battle Prohibited
Prize: Secret...
Prize Condition: Beat me and 5 other gym leaders, and then face me again in a double battle.​

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Updated the OP again. I'll be around for battles most of the day.

I'm also going to finally update the HGSS EV hotspots list. Just found this list on GameFAQs and am going to verify it before adding it into the OP.

HP: Surf at the Cliff's Edge Gate; 90% chance of finding Wooper (1 HP EV), 10% chance of finding Quagsire (2 HP EVs)
Attack: Surf at Mt. Mortar; 90% of finding Goldeen (1 Attack EV), 10% of finding Seaking (2 Attack EVs)
Defense: Tall grass at Route 2; 90% of finding Tangela* (1 Defense EV)
Special Attack: Surf at Route 35; 90% of finding Psyduck (1 Special Attack EV), 10% of finding Golduck (2 Special Attack EVs)
Special Defense: Surf at Routes 40 / 41; 90% / 60% chance of finding Tentacool (1 Special Defense EV), 10% / 30% chance of finding Tentacruel (2 Special Defense EVs), 10% chance of finding Mantine (2 Special Defense EVs)**
Speed: Surf at Routes 43 / 45 / Blackthorn City; 100% chance of finding Magikarp (1 Speed EV)

**Mantine can only be found on Route 41, as a HeartGold exclusive.

Hatchet Man over Andrex
GG Andrex

Challenger
Hatchet Man
Friend Code: 0216-6673-7623 (Platinum)
Team: Machamp, Tyranitar, Flygon, Scizor, Mamoswine, Rotom
Gyms Defeated: Psychic(MemoirsofMimi), Steel(Razer Reds), Ice(645), Ground(Echoes), Flying(Andrex)

Hatchet Man over Metroid Killer

I haven't got time to create a challenger team yet, but in two weeks it's vacation time, so I hope to be more active in competetive battles by then.

Hatchet Man over Metroid Killer
GG Metroid Killer

Challenger
Hatchet Man
Friend Code: 0216-6673-7623 (Platinum)
Team: Machamp, Tyranitar, Flygon, Scizor, Mamoswine, Rotom
Gyms Defeated: Psychic(MemoirsofMimi), Steel(Razer Reds), Ice(645), Ground(Echoes), Flying(Andrex), Dark(Metroid Killer)

Wiseblade

Time for me to register my challenge team!

Challenger: Wiseblade
Friend Code: 4855-6559-9196 (Platinum) , also the code for my Gym team.
Team: Jolteon, Heracross, Gengar, Tyranitar, Empoleon, Gliscor

Sixfortyfive

Smogon recently held a vote on Latias and it's going back to Ubers shortly. Since the vote on Garchomp was pretty close, the Dragon gym will now be allowed to use any non-legendary Dragon (Garchomp included) while all challengers are prohibited from using any Ubers.

FYI, Smogon is also going to be voting on Salamence next. I'm not real keen on this turn of events, but there you have it. =/

Wiseblade

Sixfortyfive said:
Smogon recently held a vote on Latias and it's going back to Ubers shortly. Since the vote on Garchomp was pretty close, the Dragon gym will now be allowed to use any non-legendary Dragon (Garchomp included) while all challengers are prohibited from using any Ubers.

FYI, Smogon is also going to be voting on Salamence next. I'm not real keen on this turn of events, but there you have it. =/

I'm surprised, but at the same time, not. The Salamence vote is a little worrisome though.

Wiseblade

Hey, it's demanding request time!

Sixfortyfive, could I please have six dittos of the following natures:

Adamant, Modest, Jolly, Timid, Calm, Bold.

All carrying the stealth rock TM please? :D

Sixfortyfive

Wiseblade said:
Hey, it's demanding request time!

Sixfortyfive, could I please have six dittos of the following natures:

Adamant, Modest, Jolly, Timid, Calm, Bold.

All carrying the stealth rock TM please? :D
lol

I'll probably be around for trades in about an hour.

Kyzer

Banned
I came in here to post my resignation as the dragon leader, because I couldn't do anything with it.

What an interesting twist.

= DRAGON GYM =

Leader: shykyoichi

Friend Code: N/A (see below)
Availability: Everyday 6PM-8PM GMT+9 (You can PM me if you prefer another time for a challenge. :D)
Rules: Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Item Clause, Shoddy Battle only.
Prize: TBD
Record:

(Since there are only 6 Dragon type PKMN available for me to use, I'll use Shoddy as I don't have all 6 dragons in my cart. :D )

Top Bottom