• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 |OT| Spidey's back I guess

so is this game good? it's on sale on steam

It's an okay movie license game if your desperate for Spiderman games like I am, but it's certainly not quality at all.

Some positives.
+ Nice variety of suits you can unlock through gameplay and wear during the story mode.
+ Decent gallery of super villians to fight.
+ Swinging and combat is competent.

Negatives.
- Besides the spidey suits the game is ugly as sin. Nothing more then an up port on ps4. I'm sure the pc version looks only marginally better.
- The hero/menace system which is tied to the side missions is terrible. Your forced to do them or you get hounded by the annoying drones and electric fences.
- Those side missions are all repetitive and shit.
- Swinging and combat is also kinda jank and very shallow.

Anung

Un Rama
ASM1 is much better and you can tell they were forced to rush this out the door. But overall the swinging is great helps overlook the rest being below average trash.

I received and beat the next-gen version, which was disappointing in comparison to the previous one and Shattered Dimensions. (Why is it that it seems like Beenox releases one solid Spidey game then takes the next one off before repeating the pattern? Shattered Dimensions was great, imo.)

I'm now thinking about borrowing the last-gen version from the library to play through it and see how it is, because I'm not interested in Evolve and am craving a Spider-Man game.

Anyone played both last and current gen? If so, are there many differences?

mf luder

This game is cheap as chips now, should I give it a go? Did the ps4 version ever get patched to let you change the time of day? Or improve/letyou turn off the hero/menace system?

Top Bottom