• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Jarsonot

Just an FYI:

If you're going for boss rush and you run into a dice room, with the 5 that rerolls the floor, it LOOKS like it also sets the clock back (on the stage screen between levels) but it in fact does not. =)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The game is finally out on Nintendo devices in Europe this thursday. Even though I have on PC, I know it's on 3DS I'll get the most time out of it. Played a lot of Vanilla Isaac on PC but didn't play much of Rebirth really.

For those that already have it, the 3DS and WiiU versions has the achievements in-game, right?

Sarcasm

The game is finally out on Nintendo devices in Europe this thursday. Even though I have on PC, I know it's on 3DS I'll get the most time out of it. Played a lot of Vanilla Isaac on PC but didn't play much of Rebirth really.

For those that already have it, the 3DS and WiiU versions has the achievements in-game, right?

This happened to me on my vita -.-

Still bought the DLC for PC though heh

eerik9000

Slowly giving up hope unlocking/grinding out Super Meat Boy before the DLC launches. It's the last thing I need for Platinum God. Bandage Girl was one of first things I unlocked, like within the first few days of playing, without even knowing what I was doing, and I've gotten her multiple times since.

I did it! Finally got the fucking super meat boy. Only to discover I also need Sacred Heart. I've played over 300 hours of Rebirth and had no idea such thing existed. How do I get it?

kami_sama

I did it! Finally got the fucking super meat boy. Only to discover I also need Sacred Heart. I've played over 300 hours of Rebirth and had no idea such thing existed. How do I get it?

It spawns in the angel rooms. If you use Isaac do not take the item, kill the angel and reroll both the key and the item, you will have twice the probability of getting Sacred Heart.

Jarsonot

While platinuming it on Vita gave me my GOTY experience that year, I almost dread digging back in. That plat was no f'ing joke.

As if you have a choice! =)

Still missing two items for my platinum. D4 and missing no.

My wife plays also and every time she gets the d4 I die a little on the inside.

CassSept

I would be so excited about this but I'm so damn busy in the coming weeks, it will take me even longer than usual to finish up the entire game :(

Solobbos

So, how's the Wii U version? It just launched on Wii U, and I thought it might be a good off-TV game. Seeing as the N3DS version was a steaming pile of trash, how is the Wii U version compared to the PS4 version (which I already own)?

Still missing Black Lotus and 1 Up Mushroom on PS4, after that I'll have platinumed the game. Any tips on that? Just keep playing as Isaac, try to get infinite rerolls and find a secret room with an item?

Salsa

omggg bought Afterbirth as soon as it went up and forgot it was comin this soon

this + bought Galak-Z today = awyeah

Sarcasm

So, how's the Wii U version? It just launched on Wii U, and I thought it might be a good off-TV game. Seeing as the N3DS version was a steaming pile of trash, how is the Wii U version compared to the PS4 version (which I already own)?

Still missing Black Lotus and 1 Up Mushroom on PS4, after that I'll have platinumed the game. Any tips on that? Just keep playing as Isaac, try to get infinite rerolls and find a secret room with an item?

How is the N3DS version trash?

MrPanic

Woot woot, finally got Rebirth on my 3ds. No regrets, even though i'll be playing Afterbirth tomorrow. Just really nice to have it on a handheld.

For anyone wondering, the eu version of 3ds Rebirth is on update 1.051 as well, so know that The Lost/Epilogue can't be unlocked and the AAA Battery will crash your game when triggered.

Would love to be able to play Rebirth on my 3DS, sadly my country isn't deemed worthy of a release. :(

Be so much easier if I could just temporarily change regions still.

Tremis

This man does his research.
so excite. I will be able to play at launch, at least for an hour. then lunch break, then play later in evening.

I got Super Meat Boy through a lucky Spark Plug + Monster Manual + Scapular, but before I could get Super Bandage Girl I accidentally got Isaac's Heart, so Spark Plug stopped triggering. I think that might have made Isaac's Heart the worst item in the game for me.

Right now, I'm going to wait to get True Platinum God until Afterbirth - McMillen might make Bandage Girl easier to get, because it's really tough right now. The only items I have to get yet are all shop items, and frankly, grinding the shop is boring af. :p

Tremis

This man does his research.
I got Super Meat Boy through a lucky Spark Plug + Monster Manual + Scapular, but before I could get Super Bandage Girl I accidentally got Isaac's Heart, so Spark Plug stopped triggering. I think that might have made Isaac's Heart the worst item in the game for me.

Right now, I'm going to wait to get True Platinum God until Afterbirth - McMillen might make Bandage Girl easier to get, because it's really tough right now. The only items I have to get yet are all shop items, and frankly, grinding the shop is boring af. :p

That suuuuuuuuucks.....

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Dirty european reporting : Binding of Isaac on the n3DS feels niiiiiiice. Didn't experience any bugs but I've only completed a single run. I'll see if I have any invisible monster/boss problem if I push it past the Depths.

Did McMillen ever comment on the possibility of Afterbirth coming to the n3DS/WiiU versions?

Jarsonot

As a PS4 player, I am excited for this release today still, but it's going to be hard to not read about the new items. Hopefully that "later this year" holds true!

IceMarker

My hype for Afterbirth is intensifying! I played the original Binding of Isaac over a year ago and I've been pouring hours into Rebirth over the past month (I've gotten Golden God so far and unlocked all characters except The Lost) and the release of Afterbirth is right on time for me!

BigAT

The Afterbirth soundtrack is available through Bandcamp now. Downloading it as we speak!

Is it by the same people (person?) that did the redo of the original soundtrack for Rebirth? It wasn't completely awful, but I still ended up modding DannyB's music back into the game pretty quickly after release.

Yeah it's by Ridiculon, who did Rebirth. I'm in the minority in that I prefer Rebirth's soundtrack to Baranowsky's original (which I still love, mind you).

Vlad

I was looking at the store page yesterday, and in the list of features for the expansion, they list "alternate soundtrack" as one of them.

Maybe there's still hope!

barik

It's up! Just played a few rounds, it feels slightly harder, bullets felt faster, and the game felt more dark and unnerving overall, but maybe some of that's just unfamiliarity. Also, no spoilers, but challenge #30 is going to be a big problem for people. Clever, but holy fuck is that annoying.

Just got into this and I'm still learning how everything works. Trinkets are still the biggest mystery to me since it seems most don't do anything, and by god avoid the Tick. I'd rather have the worm that turns my tear trajectory into a wave.

Ambitious

Haven't played this in a few months. When I turned it on a few days ago, it installed the latest patch. It was version 1.05, I believe? Anyway, when I started a playthrough, I noticed a small occasional delay when entering a room. It varies from half a second to a full second. It doesn't happen every single time I enter a room, though, just like once every few rooms. I can't remember having this issue before the patch.

I'm playing on my Vita, by the way.

Haunted

There was a really good achievement tracker website I used to track my progress in Rebirth and determined what was left to do.

They've stopped updating that and moved it to an executable and program you have to install on PC (which is already worse, imo), but then I take a look at the features/changelog and I see "-disabled achievement detection"

WHAT'S THE POINT THEN

Just got into this and I'm still learning how everything works. Trinkets are still the biggest mystery to me since it seems most don't do anything, and by god avoid the Tick. I'd rather have the worm that turns my tear trajectory into a wave.
They all do something, but many change drop rate chances, which is basically impossible to notice. Even the ones who modify your stats or shots can be tough to determine on your own.

I think trinket effects are fair to look up if you found one and have completed/failed at least the first run with it.

Top Bottom