• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

You can usually buy gift cards (at least for PSN) on ebay for face value + email delivery: here's an xbox live card listing, as long as it's paypaldigitalgifts you're buying from it should be fine, though I've never tried to buy out-of-country.

Does Xbox One have any weirdness when changing regions? I noticed that games that have English AND Japanese options will default to Japanese, occasionally with no option to change, on my Japanese 360. I shouldn't need to buy a Japanese Xbox One this time around, but just curious as to how it works. On PS4 you just log in on a Japanese account and buy, then log in on your US account and play, the only region change is your account.

Thanks, that looks good for the gift card.

Xbox One is pretty easy for the region change, you just change it in the options and then restart then your system pretty much thinks its whatever you changed too. Not sure about the language thing as I just go from NZ -> US then straight back to -> NZ mostly (both English). They made it harder to buy from other XB stores these days but its still doable (gift card etc).... hopefully still anyway lol.

I basically buy on whatever store has access to the game, then switch back to normal country and play happily.

Thankfully its even an option on Xbox at all, I'm still really gutted I can't also play on my N3DS this week. :( I was really really looking forward to having it on the console I take with me everywhere!

Sure it might come out in Euro eventually, but if you go by what they've said already that doesn't include NZ/Aus - so we'll probably never get it. :(

Akai__

Do we think Europe might get the Afterbirth DLC at a later date than the US too? Talking specifically about the PS Vita here...

If DLC gets treated the same way as Game Approvals, then maybe? Too early to say, since it's supposedly 2 months away and anything can change.

I'm looking forward to Afterbirth. Hopefully, it's just releasing everywhere on the same day +/- 1 day.

After 368 tries, I finally completed Boss Rush mode with The Lost. Here's the highlight.

Only 3 more Achievements until Platinum God status.

I was skimming through this thread's recent posts and saw your video and first I want to say congrats! That was some awesome playing.

Second, it made me want to get back into Isaac for the first time in months. So I did and on my first run back I managed to get to and beat Mega Satan for the first time! And then all of my glitched trophies that didn't pop up before all flowed in! It was quite an experience. So I want to add a thanks to that congratulations!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Is the game out yet on the eshop in the US?

Make me jealous gaf, tell how it runs well on n3DS so I can hype myself before it comes out in Europe.

Akai__

When does the marketplace usually update for new releases?

It usually does at Midnight Eastern Time, but that was 15 hours ago and since this is an indie title god knows when it will be up. Edmund tweeted an hour ago:

Edmund McMillen ‏@EdmundMcMillenn 58m ago

rumor is Rebirth wil be out on xbox1 in around 5-6 hours.

and

Edmund McMillen ‏@EdmundMcMillenn 1h ago

Our xbox1 release is reminding me a lot of my last Xbox release... :/

KingBroly

Banned
So...I'm going to have to encourage people to NOT BUY this on Wii U right now.

Every time something happens in the game, including screen transitions, killing enemies/bosses and using special items, the game hiccups for like half a second each time. Now it may not seem so bad to people, but it does lead to situations where you can't avoid hits and can/will lead to early deaths. It's a mess.

beanman25

game rocks on 3DS! Will take me a while to Real plat this, just because I don't use my 3DS often, but it's very fun.

Aside from the invisible cage I just fought. lol

Second Isaac run on 3DS, went to the cathedral on angel rooms. Invisible mom, invisible Isaac and an invisible Lo Ki along the way, and no music since the caves 1.

Kind of frustrating when the vita version which I real platinum godded is so crisp now

UberTag

It's unfortunate that this game seems to be riddled with bugs on both New 3DS and Wii U.
Hopefully the Xbox One port delivers.

KingBroly

Banned
Switching the game to the Wii U's internal memory seems to have solved the hitching issues I was having earlier, but I will say that the game gave me an update prompt, so there may have been a Day 1 patch I missed earlier.

EDIT: Yeah, DO NOT run this game off an external HDD for Wii U. It hitches like crazy

MrPanic

Seeing all the glitches on the American 3ds miiverse makes me feel a bit better about not having it here in eu yet, but not by much. :/

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Reading about the graphical/sound glitches in the n3DS makes the ports look baaaad.

Hope Nintendo Europe straight up doesn't give the game its certification in its current form.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Had the flat to myself last night so I decided I'd have a go at breaking the game to get the Super Meat Boy/Bandage Girl achievements. Second run as Isaac, I get Famine as the first boss, then pick up the Book of Revelations on the next floor. Went all the way through to the Womb and fought all the horsemen along the way, getting a natural level 4 bandage girl. Never broke the game. Felt amazing. Still need to get the Meat boy achievement though!

SerTapTap

Switching the game to the Wii U's internal memory seems to have solved the hitching issues I was having earlier, but I will say that the game gave me an update prompt, so there may have been a Day 1 patch I missed earlier.

EDIT: Yeah, DO NOT run this game off an external HDD for Wii U. It hitches like crazy

That's weird and disappointing, I thought external HDDs actually had better perf than the internal memory...maybe only for sequential read?
Reading about the graphical/sound glitches in the n3DS makes the ports look baaaad.

Hope Nintendo Europe straight up doesn't give the game its certification in its current form.

There's already a patch for the invisibility/mute issues, going through cert. It's a safe bet to wait a bit on a Nicalis game to see how well it's ported though, and Binding of Isaac is no stranger to bugs

AJTsuki

Neo Member
It's unfortunate that this game seems to be riddled with bugs on both New 3DS and Wii U.
Hopefully the Xbox One port delivers.

It's not "riddled" with bugs. I've done about 20 runs and have only noticed the music glitch once. The game runs real smooth and the only stutter I've seen so far is when skins and items loads onto Isaac at the beginning of levels. Otherwise I've been impressed with how well it runs.

EDIT: I haven't experienced the invisibility issues, either.

MrPanic

Lmao. Just read that the eu approval thing is causing issues because you can draw on the bottom screen. Tbh I hope they'll just disable the drawing and hurry up with the release.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/624574449442881537[/tweet]

edit: At least they make it seem like it won't take too long anymore.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/624743145247354880[/tweet]

Lmao. Just read that the eu approval thing is causing issues because you can draw on the bottom screen. Tbh I hope they'll just disable the drawing and hurry up with the release.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/624574449442881537[/tweet]

edit: At least they make it seem like it won't take too long anymore.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/624743145247354880[/tweet]

Again this feels very made up. 1001 Spikes/The 3DS version of Cave Story+ didn't have those features...

Surely there are numerous games where you can draw on the bottom screen? Isn't that, like, a feature of the system?

Nicalis manage to find the most random ways to delay something, not hard to see why people just assume 'same old BS excuse crap'. Really does sound like it.

Been playing a lot of the Xbox One one, still just as fun as ever. Only glitch I've found is some times the boss names aren't there when it says "Isaac vs ____" its odd.

Still sad I'll never be able to play the N3DS version on my system. :(

MarkusRJR

What's the best way to play this game? Got it on Wii U and totally thought it had analog aiming ala Geometry Wars but it's only 4-way shooting. Using the right analog stick for this kind of feels awful, but using the face buttons is straight up uncomfortable. What do you guys recommend for aiming and movement?

Akai__

I watched something awesome yesterday. Edmund (and Danielle) joined IndieLuchador for an interview. You can find it here: http://www.twitch.tv/indieluchador/v/8993764

They talked about basically everything Edmund has (and will) put out there and about his views of the Game Industry. There's some talk about Afterbirth, Mewgenics and Meat Boy in there aswell. Don't expect too much, though.

What's the best way to play this game? Got it on Wii U and totally thought it had analog aiming ala Geometry Wars but it's only 4-way shooting. Using the right analog stick for this kind of feels awful, but using the face buttons is straight up uncomfortable. What do you guys recommend for aiming and movement?

Analog stick for movement and buttons for aiming/shooting. I know it feels weird at first, but to me it makes way more sense. Having to shoot with the analog stick feels just wrong, especially if you have a tear charge item, like Brimstone or Monstro's Lung.

As always, you should just try both and decide which one feels better to you.

Analog stick for movement and buttons for aiming/shooting. I know it feels weird at first, but to me it makes way more sense. Having to shoot with the analog stick feels just wrong, especially if you have a tear charge item, like Brimstone or Monstro's Lung.

Can you go from aiming in one direction to another without firing if you use the buttons?

SerTapTap

Both work fine, it's just unusual. You can get used to either, but buttons work surprisingly well at least on a DS4, I actually prefer them with certain weapons like chocolate milk. You just have to get in the mindset of firing in a direction not aiming directly.

backlot

If you haven't downloaded the 3DS patch yet I suggest you don't. I've had the game crash on me three times just tonight. The patch actually made the game less playable.

rbanke

So after not playing in a month or so I played it last night and got a full breaking run only to have the game crash on me. I ended up loading again and it put me at the start of that floor. I broke the game again and exited so it saved and ended up having about 20+ crashes until finally it crashed as I exited (destroying my continue) trying to keep this pos game from losing my progress. Today same exact thing. I'm sitting pretty in the shop with d20, d6, sharp plug etc only to have this pos crash again. After playing this game so long and doing everything breaking the game is the only thing I really find fun anymore and now this shit.

Was there a patch recently that made the game more broken? I have to say I think im done.

Stat!

The Afterbirth update has me hyped with its Greed Mode. Can't wait! Only so many Hard Eden runs one can do each day while waiting!

Oh and funny how people control the game. I can't use the buttons at all! I have to use the analog stick to aim even for charged shots.

CassSept

Any update on the actual release? Still aiming for August?

I think a while back they said they're aiming for September? It can't be far off though as in the last update Ed said they have already set a release date, they won't announce it yet though.

BigAT

tumblr_inline_nt98e8zuqf1rq0wgw_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nt98ikQBLE1rq0wgw_500.gif

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/126958800209/combo-breakerafterbirth-update-20

Sounds like the release date might get announced next week.

do you guys think afterbirth will be release at the same time for ps4 and ps vita as the pc version?

Don't forget theres also Xbox One, Wii U, and New 3DS now too. It all comes down to Nicalis's ability to get things through 5 platforms cert processes at once without running into any snags. In 2 regions.

MrPanic

Don't forget theres also Xbox One, Wii U, and New 3DS now too. It all comes down to Nicalis's ability to get things through 5 platforms cert processes at once without running into any snags. In 2 regions.
I cry everytime. :'(

Seriously though, still not out in EU with no word on what the actual hold up is. I don't know why this time I thought it would be different with Nicalis and EU releases, but it certainly was a mistake.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Are the console versions supposed to be 60fps? I'm playing this on the Wii U and somehow it doesn't feel as smooth as what some of the PC videos/streams make it seem.

I'm also knees deep into this version, so I'll be bummed out if Afterbirth is not released around the same time for the Wii U.

Top Bottom